BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: August 15th. Beasley Ride Discussion Thread  (Read 37155 times)

albert

Re: August 15th. Beasley Ride Discussion Thread
« Reply #96 on: August 10, 2009, 02:54:05 PM »
if you can drive down a dirt county road in the rain, you can do Durahamtown, unless your Mark and aim for stumps.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #97 on: August 10, 2009, 03:21:24 PM »
We will make sure to post up to let you all know about the ride. I will be checking the station to see if it is closed later in the week. If it is closed thu and fri then might as well call it. Keep watching the weather, especially in N GA.
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Dustin88

• Visitor
« Reply #98 on: August 10, 2009, 04:55:49 PM »
If it rains I would be down for aetna
97 TJ, 4.0 5-speed, 33"s, rear detroit, front lock-right, ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, other stuff.
99 XJ, Stock for now

Daniel

« Reply #99 on: August 10, 2009, 05:12:34 PM »
Well, the chance of rain is pretty good all week till Sat. for both places, but Durhamtown looks doable even with some rain. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.  :-\

Only reason I'm passing is because I've been there and wasn't too impressed with the place. I'm not even a rock hopper, but there just wasn't anything down there. Unless the owner has done some major work. Which if that's the case, I'll just hear about it whenever the group gets back to tell everyone about it. 

BigJerm

« Reply #100 on: August 10, 2009, 05:22:49 PM »
I am thinking about going.  Does anyone plan on running 93B.  that is the only trail up there that I have never ran.  would like to give it a shot if one group plans on hitting it. I have never been up it, so if it is not possible on 33s let me know and I want even try it.

Albert, We'll hit it. I think that is the one where the guys flopped last year. Nothing spectacular, but the best trail I saw there. I have seen some youtube videos of spots I have not seen so some exploring is in order. Rain scheduled the rest of the week so we need to be watching and calling the station!!

you know I will be right there with you... I want to climb the whole trail this time instead of going down it.

Offline Rockinwrangler

• Visitor
« Reply #101 on: August 10, 2009, 05:47:18 PM »
can someone tell me where 93b is....  I think I have been on it before.  I usually go to the parking area beside the gas tanks...  when you leave that area and go up the trail to the first turn to left.  i think that is the 93b trail you talk about..  not sure ...  clarification would be nice.  If that is it ...  I had to winch 1 time up a ledge that was there..  probably took the wrong line..  don't know but that was the only challenging part of Beasley  other than when you got to the top and the trail split...  left side had some narly off camber..  needles to say I went left..  hahahah...
"A well built rig is one that is road worthy after a day on the trail"

albert

« Reply #102 on: August 10, 2009, 05:54:28 PM »
can someone tell me where 93b is....  I think I have been on it before.  I usually go to the parking area beside the gas tanks...  when you leave that area and go up the trail to the first turn to left.  i think that is the 93b trail you talk about..  not sure ...  clarification would be nice.  If that is it ...  I had to winch 1 time up a ledge that was there..  probably took the wrong line..  don't know but that was the only challenging part of Beasley  other than when you got to the top and the trail split...  left side had some narly off camber..  needles to say I went left..  hahahah...
map
http://www.fs.fed.us/conf/rec/ohv/beasley-trail-map.htm

Offline Rockinwrangler

• Visitor
« Reply #103 on: August 10, 2009, 06:06:40 PM »
Cool...  That is it...  I don't want to come down ..  It may be different now but the ledge was pretty tough for a baby jeep like mine.  Going up was much better and a lot more fun...

No pics...  My dad was on point..  he winched up and pulled me up with a strap..  I think I might could make it with a better line...  Would love to try it again... 

My buddy was with us on a 4 wheeler and he had to turn around..  toooooo steep...

He pouted the rest of the day...  As a matter of fact, He hasn't talked to me too much since last November....   hahahah...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 06:08:36 PM by Rockinwrangler »
"A well built rig is one that is road worthy after a day on the trail"

BigJerm

« Reply #104 on: August 10, 2009, 06:17:31 PM »
yeah when we came down the trail it was steep... the ledge is probably ok now. I came down it and didnt even hit the bottom of the unlimited on the ledge and I was not lifted. I feel confident that if much hasn't changed I can make it back up the trail with the little lift and lockers.

Offline Lhub36

• Visitor
  • Nope wasn't me
« Reply #105 on: August 10, 2009, 08:03:09 PM »
If it rains I would be down for aetna
X 2 here!
Lenn

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Brad

• Visitor
  • JACK IT UP!
« Reply #106 on: August 10, 2009, 10:06:42 PM »
yeah when we came down the trail it was steep... the ledge is probably ok now. I came down it and didnt even hit the bottom of the unlimited on the ledge and I was not lifted. I feel confident that if much hasn't changed I can make it back up the trail with the little lift and lockers.

it's a whole different experience going down it right after it rains    ::)
2000 dodge durango mall crawler

Diehard

« Reply #107 on: August 11, 2009, 10:15:30 AM »
I was at 93B and a couple guys went just so far and turned around. I definitely wouldn't make it now, but maybe if I get a locker up front. The rest of the place I can do.  ;D

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM