BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: August 15th. Beasley Ride Discussion Thread  (Read 37530 times)

Offline Dustin88

• Visitor
Re: August 15th. Beasley Ride Discussion Thread
« Reply #180 on: August 14, 2009, 03:31:13 PM »
I am also bringing my quad so If anyone else wants to bring a quad that would be sweet!
97 TJ, 4.0 5-speed, 33"s, rear detroit, front lock-right, ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, other stuff.
99 XJ, Stock for now

Offline Matt D.

• Visitor
« Reply #181 on: August 14, 2009, 03:33:04 PM »
The Chevron is good.  How long will it take from there to get to the WH by 8:30?  Got get smothered and covered...

albert

« Reply #182 on: August 14, 2009, 03:33:27 PM »
Since we have so many vehicles should we think about splitting up and start at different ends of the trails? Just a thought.
93B is the only one that some will not be able to do.

I would say we have to have a least 2 groups.  if 30 jeeps make it up it would suck to try and do that as one group.  

Offline prjohnson

• Visitor
« Reply #183 on: August 14, 2009, 04:13:06 PM »
Man, I want to go to this so bad.
Honestly, I'm a bit worried...I go to the Beasley Knob page & it says "Difficult to Most Difficult" & me being such a noob I'm worried about messing something up on my daily driver.
Anyone got any advice for me?
Like, what if there's something I'm not comfortable doing?
I just want to learn the ropes before I go out trying something way out of my league.
Perry

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #184 on: August 14, 2009, 04:15:24 PM »
No worries! Beasley is not hard in anyway. Just hill climbs that are slow and steady. We will look out for you! I just called the ranger station and we are a go for tommorrow! Should be a great day. As for the extremely large group... we will figure it out when we all get there. 10am latest we are hitting the trails. If you are late, we are on ch.7 {letseat}
I've grown tired of this.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #185 on: August 14, 2009, 04:53:17 PM »
Honestly, I'm a bit worried...I go to the Beasley Knob page & it says "Difficult to Most Difficult" & me being such a noob I'm worried about messing something up on my daily driver.
I just want to learn the ropes before I go out trying something way out of my league.

Come on out.  We were all newbies once.  It's all about driving style. 

On the trail, always pick a spotter, and listen to him.  Don't hammer it, use finesse.  We don't practice "if parts aren't flying, you aint trying!"  lol.  Well Larry does.   :P

Don't try anything you are not comfortable with.  Build up over time, a little more each time you ride.  A stock Jeep is very capable in the right challenge.  Beasley Knob is probably the most stock/newbie friendly place around if it's dry.  If it's wet, I hear nobody's good. 

So Livingston, NO DOORS?

Offline Alpha4x4

• Visitor
    • BluelakeOffroad.com
« Reply #186 on: August 14, 2009, 05:29:13 PM »
See you all at the Waffle House...will have my dad and son with me....
cell: 858.472.6697
"Lets Roll" - Todd Beamer 9/11
2005 LJ 4x4 Unlimited 4.0 Auto

Offline Night Wolf

• Visitor
  • Jump It.
« Reply #187 on: August 14, 2009, 06:13:50 PM »

Come on out.  We were all newbies once.  It's all about driving style. 

On the trail, always pick a spotter, and listen to him.  Don't hammer it, use finesse.  We don't practice "if parts aren't flying, you aint trying!"  lol.  Well Larry does.   

Don't try anything you are not comfortable with.  Build up over time, a little more each time you ride.  A stock Jeep is very capable in the right challenge.  Beasley Knob is probably the most stock/newbie friendly place around if it's dry.  If it's wet, I hear nobody's good. 

So Livingston, NO DOORS?

Nothing could possibly be out of the norm on your first wheelin trip with your stock daily driver....

.....just be careful when ya "bump it"

So WH at 9AM.... is this what time we are going to be getting grouped together and heading to the trails? So if we want to get breakfast, arrive early?

Ted and I will be heading up and spending the night there. 200 miles/4hrs away, 8hrs total and a full day of wheelin is alot for 1 day, did that last weekend with Aetna, taking it easy this time.

~Rick AKA Jump

'05 TJ Sport - Savvy/Currie/Clayton/UCF 3" & 33s

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #188 on: August 14, 2009, 06:23:07 PM »
So WH at 9AM.... is this what time we are going to be getting grouped together and heading to the trails? So if we want to get breakfast, arrive early?
{letseat} {letseat}

{toast} {no} {no}

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #189 on: August 14, 2009, 06:30:29 PM »
 {ehm}  If you want bfast get to the waffle house early. We will be leaving there around 9:30 or so since the trail head is about 2 miles or so away. We plan on riding at 10am from the pay station. This should give us enough time to air down, disconnect and be riding by 10. If you are later than 10 follow the dust and get on ch.7. The trail system is less than 11 miles long.  {salute}
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #190 on: August 14, 2009, 06:33:36 PM »
Weather is going to be beautiful tomorrow. Me and daniel have to figure out who is driving....
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #191 on: August 14, 2009, 06:44:20 PM »
You'll be in  8==D boys Jeep right?