BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: 4WP Truck/Jeep Fest August 29-30  (Read 3775 times)

Offline swamprat

• Visitor
Re: 4WP Truck/Jeep Fest August 29-30
« Reply #96 on: August 30, 2009, 12:38:42 AM »
i sure hope i can wake up in time to make it out sunday before they close there doors.

mdo817

« Reply #97 on: August 30, 2009, 02:37:27 AM »
Good to see everyone I haven't in a while since I am a member of the non-wheelers club.
Yep, we had a good time, missed you Tedder Jimmy was really looking forward to meeting you. ;D
I didn't buy anything either. Doug thanks to the girls for getting me all the autographs from the Hooters chicks.

Offline TedderX

• Visitor
  • Be a User: Jeep.
« Reply #98 on: August 30, 2009, 08:07:51 AM »
Sorry to disappoint Jimmy.

I did see Brian and his wife and son though.  And I THINK I saw Ray's YJ in the parking lot.

Dad and I decided to just leisure around and make our own schedule because his arthritis was acting up and we didn't eat breakfast so he couldn't take his medicine; we didn't want to slow the group.

We got two free Daystar Hilift Handle Isolaters!, bunch of catalogs to read about, even a 20% discount for Optima. 

I bought some of them preset tire deflators, but kind of confused on how to set them, so I'm going to try it out later today.

I hate Skyjacker for having that blame LJ right as we walked in the door, first thing we saw, and dad was drooling over it.  Now he's pretty much dead set on getting an LJ instead of a JK.  My favortie was that Silver JK sitting close to the Hooter's Truck in the back.

There was a steal blue TJ and and Tan TJ chopped and stretched on the opposite ends of the building that have "SBC" stickers.  They were also at our M&G, who are they?

Oh yea, and I can't remember who said it but I agreed, there were alot beter rigs in the parking lot than in the show IMO.  We drove around every level looking at them all before we left.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 08:26:01 AM by TedderX »
-Tedder

Let's go wheelin'!

www.myspace.com/gatrailriders

Offline TedderX

• Visitor
  • Be a User: Jeep.
« Reply #99 on: August 30, 2009, 08:21:27 AM »
Here's the few pictures I have left, I'm still pissed I accidently deleted most of them, I swear I had dang near 60 picture or so.  :fu(

I think Rancho had the biggest set up there.

Overkill Engineering's Rig had a fifth seat facing backwards.  What was that for?
-Tedder

Let's go wheelin'!

www.myspace.com/gatrailriders

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #100 on: August 30, 2009, 08:27:15 AM »
That homewrecker jeep from overkill engineering is sweet ;D
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

TJ-xtreme

« Reply #101 on: August 30, 2009, 12:09:43 PM »
I got a few pics from yesterday that I'll post up later....

Scored a MV-50 air compressor, some Hella 500FF Fog lights, and a set of screw in polly bumpstops all for less than $150. All in all, I think it was much better than last year, there just weren't as many giveaways. I almost pulled the trigger on a winch but decided I could get a better deal if I just wait a while...

Offline Richmon

• Visitor
« Reply #102 on: August 30, 2009, 02:04:30 PM »
I liked the show.  My son was running around looking at all of the trucks.  My two favorite rigs was the buggy from Overkill Engineering and that old Ford buggy in the Interco area for sale.  I am not a fan of rat rods so I did not care for the unfinished rust look of the body but it was cool.

Offline swamprat

• Visitor
« Reply #103 on: August 30, 2009, 03:18:06 PM »
i just got back. had a great time all in all, i did walk around the hotel a couple times lost before i found the convention center.
heres some pictures i took. and i scored 2 sets of hella 700FF and a set of lift shackles for my XJ  ;D ;D ;D

Offline ADAM

• Visitor
  • I have lost my MIND!!!
« Reply #104 on: August 30, 2009, 05:33:30 PM »
There was a steal blue TJ and and Tan TJ chopped and stretched on the opposite ends of the building that have "SBC" stickers.  They were also at our M&G, who are they?

I believe one of those are Albert's from 4wheelparts Forest Park
Don't know what I got anymore...

TJ-xtreme

« Reply #105 on: August 30, 2009, 05:58:31 PM »

I believe one of those are Albert's from 4wheelparts Forest Park

Correct, he had it out there for the swap meet a few months back as well....

Offline Do Work 93 YJ

• Visitor
  • Ready To Ride
« Reply #106 on: August 31, 2009, 08:01:51 AM »
Went up early Sat morning. Didn't stay long was very disappointed with the show. The wife had told me I could spend about $500 and I didn't even spend $1. :bs) I couldn't find any deals like we found last year and it just seemed like there weren't as many rigs and booths as last year. {ehm}
Do Work Aka Moon Man. What you lack in technique make up in throttle! Or a set of cheater tires.

My Build Threads
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=3683.msg62464#msg62464

http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=6862.0

Offline dowork114

• Visitor
  • Romans 8:28
« Reply #107 on: August 31, 2009, 11:00:13 AM »
Went up early Sat morning. Didn't stay long was very disappointed with the show. The wife had told me I could spend about $500 and I didn't even spend $1. :bs) I couldn't find any deals like we found last year and it just seemed like there weren't as many rigs and booths as last year. {ehm}
yep best part of the day was when we left and went to hooter's.
you cant fix stupid

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM