BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Apartments/Renting  (Read 814 times)

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
Re: Apartments/Renting
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2009, 09:16:04 AM »
Tedder I would start off renting a house. If I would have know better I would have waited till I had bills paid off and a good down payment before jumping into a mortgage. Well to late now for me so all I can do now is try and help other people before they jump to far into debts grip. {boohoo}

Right on! If you have any debt, pay it off before you get a house! You should go into it without any extra baggage... that will come when you move in.
I've grown tired of this.

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2009, 12:55:55 PM »
In case you missed the other times it has been posted Apartments SuckRent a house!

My house payment, power, water, phone, internet, dish combined a month is $1075. I bought my house new and live on the west side of Dalton.
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2009, 01:14:54 PM »
and live on the west side of Dalton.

I guess that means somethun.   ;)

Offline ADAM

• Visitor
  • I have lost my MIND!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2009, 01:39:06 PM »
Apartments blow!!!!!

Mortgage: 1100.00
Electric: 150.00 - 200.00
Water: 40.00-50.00

High Total: 1350.00

Couple roomies.... $450.00 ea. Cant beat that.

Heard that I got a mortgage and 4 roomies. Makes the house payment less than 400 a month. cant beat that.
Don't know what I got anymore...

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2009, 02:41:24 PM »
and live on the west side of Dalton.

I guess that means somethun.   ;)

Moving on up to the East side, err wait got that wrong too.

Tedder lives over in Chatsworth and will kind of know the area I am talking about in Dalton.
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

BigJerm

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2009, 04:54:57 PM »
yeah the apartment sucks... we moved from our 1 bedroom apartment to a 3 bedroom house and our monthly payments went up MAYBE $200 all bills included. Cant beat more rooms, more space, a yard and a garage for that amount of money.

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2009, 05:54:31 PM »
Home buying benefits!!

Take that tax deduction. This is probably the sweetest part of homeownership. The mortgage interest you pay on your home is tax deductible. Other expenses you may be able to deduct as a homeowner are points (fees charged by the lender), a partial chunk of the closing costs and real estate property taxes.

The added benefit of home equity. By investing in your home, you are actually taking part in an appreciable investment, in which, you build equity. In time, this equity can help you finance other major purchases, such as a college education or a new car. The interest on home equity loans is usually tax deductible, too.

Live the way you want to. You can customize your home to your heart's delight. If you need to modify a room into an art studio or would like to try some creative wallpaper, it's your call. No need to worry about how to get around the landlord's rules. Many home improvements may add to your home's value. Your home improvement costs may be used to reduce your capital gains tax, when you sell.
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline prjohnson

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2009, 04:42:27 PM »
Buying a house is easier said than done.

I know a place in East Cobb off Black Jack Mountain that rents for 695 per month. Awesome deal, close to the interstate, 2 bedroom, 1.5 bathroom townhome. The landlord lives across the street & is very nice.
I rented there for just over a year & was able to save a ton before I got my house a few months back.
First year contract, then month to month...total bills there for me were under 1000, which included premo comcast....
Let me know if you want a number.

Perry

Offline Huntingman2706217

• Visitor
  • Project Frugal II
    • My build
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2009, 06:57:08 PM »
I live in griffin now and i grew up in barnesville... around here (bout an hour west of milledgville) you can get a 2bd 1bth duplex apartment for $475 to $500 a month with 1 year lease... bunch of buddies live in them all around... most have 2 car parking pads and dont care if you park in the grass or any of that mess... pretty darn nice too... but im like and hour and a half from marietta where u was talkin...
95 2 door I6, 2006 F250 axles... 5.38's and welded F&R... custom Y linked front... leafs (for now) in the rear... H1 double beadlocks and rock rings with 40's

Build Page:
www.cherokeeforum.com/f46/frugal-ii-poor-mans-story-73061/

Offline TedderX

• Visitor
  • Be a User: Jeep.
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2009, 06:59:59 PM »
 {pm}
-Tedder

Let's go wheelin'!

www.myspace.com/gatrailriders

TJ-xtreme

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2009, 09:13:54 PM »
I'm in Kennesaw / Woodstock and I'm on my second appartment. First one was a 1600 sq. ft. 2 bed 2 bath with a full laundry room and patio on the ground level for $700 a month. After the first year contract was up they jacked the rent up to $980 a month so I moved out. current apt. is about 1150 sq. ft. 2 bed 2 bath with a laundry closet on the second level and it's costing me $775 a month, and I plan on leaving once my lease is up. I'm getting pretty good at packing all my stuff....

Basically what I'm trying to say is that APPARTMENTS SUCK !!!

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM