BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Xtreme 4x4 Budget TJ  (Read 1023 times)

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
Re: Xtreme 4x4 Budget TJ
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2009, 04:41:31 PM »
Yeah, when they call these budget builds I wonder who they are targeting? But G, call me when you are in!
I've grown tired of this.

Offline prjohnson

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2009, 04:52:08 PM »
I'm sure it is a budget compaired to what the sponsors are paying in.

If they did a build baised on my budget, it would take them five years.
Perry

ghostdancer308

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2009, 05:00:43 PM »
Will do Ben. I still have that item to give you. {toast}

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2009, 11:10:28 AM »
 {toast} {salute}
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2009, 04:36:16 PM »
Back on topic. There is nothing budget about full widths, 40s and all that rockmen armor (Aluminum Corners).

BTW did you see the new ORA. They have a similar project "Cheap Jeep", the jeep itself cost 1000$, then they are dumping thousands of dollars at it. Again not cheap...  {ehm}

I agree. "IF" I wasn't rebuilding my Jeep I'd say it would count as a budget build. Since this is the 3rd set of axles and 5th set of tires, I don't think it counts though, lol. Other than the purchase price and previous mods I have under $500 in the axles, $500 in wheels/tires, $100 in the brakes, $100 in the suspension, $100 in steering, and about $100 in beer.

IMO, budget builds are about:

- Starting out on a cheap platform, i.e. something you can pick up running, driving, and complete for under $1000 (xj, sammy, etc)
- Holding out for a deal, finding used parts, trading with stuff you already have, etc.
- Doing all the work on your own (buddy's can help, but they must be payed in beer or in exchange for wrenching on their stuff too)
- Compromising. Sure, I could have ran up the credit card and built long arms for the front and have nicer rims, but my leaf spring set up cost about $50 and my Dodge 2500 takeoffs were $40.
- Good-old fashioned ingenuity. I've seen a lot of cool stuff come out of peoples two car garages that I haven't seen come from a huge credit limit.
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Offline Ben H.

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2009, 08:41:43 PM »
Xtreme's first budget build CJ was pretty good. Just a spring over with new shackles and a set of used tires.
1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ZJ V8

Drap

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2009, 08:48:41 PM »
Its all about who is doing the fab work.

Some guys are just fab gods (McGivers with metal),

and others have to pay the fab gods to do the work for them.

If you win the lotto you still could do a Budget Jeep build. Its just your budget will be a tiny bit larger then it is now.

The title does not say (Low Budget TJ Build)
Like my Jeep build the (Broke Budget TJ)

ranger11

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2009, 08:48:09 PM »
Back on topic. There is nothing budget about full widths, 40s and all that rockmen armor (Aluminum Corners).

BTW did you see the new ORA. They have a similar project "Cheap Jeep", the jeep itself cost 1000$, then they are dumping thousands of dollars at it. Again not cheap...  {ehm}

I agree. "IF" I wasn't rebuilding my Jeep I'd say it would count as a budget build. Since this is the 3rd set of axles and 5th set of tires, I don't think it counts though, lol. Other than the purchase price and previous mods I have under $500 in the axles, $500 in wheels/tires, $100 in the brakes, $100 in the suspension, $100 in steering, and about $100 in beer.

- Starting out on a cheap platform, i.e. something you can pick up running, driving, and complete for under $1000 (xj, sammy, etc)
- Holding out for a deal, finding used parts, trading with stuff you already have, etc.
- Doing all the work on your own (buddy's can help, but they must be payed in beer or in exchange for wrenching on their stuff too)
- Compromising. Sure, I could have ran up the credit card and built long arms for the front and have nicer rims, but my leaf spring set up cost about $50 and my Dodge 2500 takeoffs were $40.
- Good-old fashioned ingenuity. I've seen a lot of cool stuff come out of peoples two car garages that I haven't seen come from a huge credit limit.

What about the stuff that that comes off of peoples plywood with no credit involved?

mdo817

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2009, 09:41:07 PM »

What about the stuff that that comes off of peoples plywood with no credit involved?
Or out of a shop with no electricity?

Offline Rockinwrangler

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2009, 10:57:29 AM »
Today which is OCT 3..  at 11am on Spike xtreme 4x4 is doing a Jeep Scrambler...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 11:03:21 AM by Rockinwrangler »
"A well built rig is one that is road worthy after a day on the trail"

Offline Rockinwrangler

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2009, 11:02:29 AM »
Replay's on Sunday Oct 4th at 9am
"A well built rig is one that is road worthy after a day on the trail"

ghostdancer308

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2009, 11:11:30 AM »
I am drinking coffee and watching it now!Hahaha!!

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM