BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: looking for a wj/tj  (Read 1136 times)

Offline 94jeepzj

• Visitor
Re: looking for a wj/tj
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2009, 03:58:11 PM »
But maby you want a high mileage 4banger TJ that has a good clean body that you should be able to pick up for hella cheep.

Then take that extra cash you didnt use on the Jeep and drop a 4.3L or a Chevy SM.

A few guys in my old club did this. 

Now they have a nice Jeep with a better than stock mota. For the same price as a low mile newer 4.0L TJ

this could for sure be something i could get into, but dont have the time w school and work. would be alot of fun though.

Drap

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2009, 11:24:11 PM »
Its also pritty cool to pull up next to a fast and ferious car AKA (Jap Crap) at a light.

Pull the front end off the ground and spank them off the line. 

Yep seen it.  with a

TJ 383 stroker with 33s and locker less than $10,000 total, Jeep, eng, adapters, lift, tires, exc...

Offline 94jeepzj

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2009, 10:05:47 PM »
i ran into one of my old buddys at the auto parts store the other night that is doing a similar swap. he purchased a fiberglass bodied willys flatty dirt cheap with intentions to use it at the sand dunes. its a little narrower than he desires and he recently had to sell his pro street s10 so he now has cruel intentions to to drop a blown 383 stroker w 150 shot nos into the feather weight willys. that would be way cool to blow away a ricer in a lifted 50's era offroad vehicle.

Drap

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2009, 01:20:53 AM »
A flat fender would be bad ass in the sand and with a fiber body. My 7 year old son should be able to pick it up. Hella Lite for sure and a 383.....That mota is crazy strong.

He is nuts {ehm}

Its a Great idea. The wheel base is alot short though. If he makes it 2 wheel drive pushes the front tires forward a foot or more he would be better off. Mad travel IFS on front and full width axle 4 link for sure on the back with paddles.        SWEET!!!

I love spending others money!

But also

When I was at Montrose CO there was a guy that took a 2A and cut it in the door opening and added like 10" to the Jeep. It was awesome you could get in with out hitting your but on the S. Plus he had foot room and a 10" longer wheel base to boot. It looked stock but you could tell somthing was different. The door opening was about the same size as a CJ7 but had a S not a U in the back. Not many people saw the diffrence until he parked next to a stock flatty then it was very noticeable and very usefull. He said he would do it again (if he wrecked it beyond repair) because of how nice it made the front with all that extra space.

Offline 94jeepzj

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2009, 07:32:30 PM »
A flat fender would be bad ass in the sand and with a fiber body. My 7 year old son should be able to pick it up. Hella Lite for sure and a 383.....That mota is crazy strong.

He is nuts {ehm}

Its a Great idea. The wheel base is alot short though. If he makes it 2 wheel drive pushes the front tires forward a foot or more he would be better off. Mad travel IFS on front and full width axle 4 link for sure on the back with paddles.        SWEET!!!

I love spending others money!

But also

When I was at Montrose CO there was a guy that took a 2A and cut it in the door opening and added like 10" to the Jeep. It was awesome you could get in with out hitting your but on the S. Plus he had foot room and a 10" longer wheel base to boot. It looked stock but you could tell somthing was different. The door opening was about the same size as a CJ7 but had a S not a U in the back. Not many people saw the diffrence until he parked next to a stock flatty then it was very noticeable and very usefull. He said he would do it again (if he wrecked it beyond repair) because of how nice it made the front with all that extra space.

that would be cool. i hope he doesnt plan ok keeping it on the track. he almost rolled it at the dunes last month so hes a little scared to hurt it. i have not payed attention to the door jams on these before i will have to check it out next time i see it.

Drap

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2009, 02:31:42 PM »
Its done?

I thought you said he was building it.

Get some pics!!!!!

Offline 94jeepzj

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2009, 01:47:58 AM »
Its done?

I thought you said he was building it.

Get some pics!!!!!

na my bad. he bought it running w an amc 360. sold that motor after last dunes trip and is putting in the chevy motor over this coming gross, nasty michigan winter.

Offline 94jeepzj

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2009, 01:48:56 AM »
still looking for a jeep. please let me know if you see anything!

Drap

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2009, 01:42:54 AM »
OK

Offline 94jeepzj

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2009, 04:50:40 PM »
OK

haha. are there  any resources besides craigslist you would use for the area?

Drap

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2009, 07:04:00 PM »
You could get the Tennessee traider and there is a north Georga traider too I have seen. You just pick them up at gass stations there like $1.00 somthing and adds are free to post so lots of stuff goes in there.

Offline 94jeepzj

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2009, 11:19:33 PM »
You could get the Tennessee traider and there is a north Georga traider too I have seen. You just pick them up at gass stations there like $1.00 somthing and adds are free to post so lots of stuff goes in there.

for sure. thanks man.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM