BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Ride Oct31/Nov 1?  (Read 5941 times)

Offline rabunjeeper

• Visitor
Re: Ride Oct31/Nov 1?
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2009, 07:31:55 PM »
I hear ya, I can't afford body damage. I'd rather spend my hard earned money on upgrades rather than replacement parts. Lol! I will post some pics this weekend of the ride after I scout it out.

Offline Rockinwrangler

• Visitor
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2009, 07:39:56 PM »
That would be great..  I was wondering what the sights were on the new trail..

I saw "the old guy" in the club slide on the North GA clay.  man it is slick..  He could'nt even stand up..

he was very helpful in pulling the winch cable though....
"A well built rig is one that is road worthy after a day on the trail"

Trail Whale

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2009, 07:48:04 PM »
That is a tight trail! Had no idea.  Ya, body work is not something Id enjoy doing.  And I sure dont have time betwen now and next Wednesday to fab up some sliders and an exocage.  Maybe by the next trip.

Is the picnic area you talked about near the high school?  Thats the only one I can think of off hand. 

Jason
Trail Whale

Trail Whale

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2009, 08:08:35 PM »
Rabun-
Got it, not the one I was thinking of, but I do know where that one is.

RockinWrangler-
got your PM, but for some reason I cant respond to it.
We stay off Upper High Tower, and Bare Foot Rise.  The cabin backs up to the National Forest, and sits on the top of the Mtn.  Quite a steep grade to get up there.  We have had friends bring rental cars up, and you can always smell the tranny when they get to the driveway.  The moving truck broke down trying to get up, and the two truck that came to the "rescue" snaped the winch line, and blew out the CV joint in the driveshaft trying to get it up there. 

Looking forward to meeting you all next weekend.

Jason
Trail Whale

Offline rabunjeeper

• Visitor
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2009, 08:09:44 PM »
Trailwhale, if you wanna clean out a mudhole with those 38s there is 3 decent ones on the abe gap trail we are going to. We will winch you out if needed but you probably won't need to. I've got a new warn 9500 i've been dying to test out. I'm outta the mud unless i gotta get in it.

Trail Whale

« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2009, 08:18:03 PM »
I am not a mud fan.  Usually too much clean up.  I dont mind it if its part of the trail, but not into hitting a hole just to go through it.  I do prefer the rocks.  And if I need to be winched out, thats not going to be fun.  I do have a 12K winch inside the ARB bumper if I, or anyone needs it.

Jason
Trail Whale

Offline TedderX

• Visitor
  • Be a User: Jeep.
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2009, 08:20:32 PM »
I'm still up in the air, I'll definately know something by the end of the week.

Mostly likely will be able to make it thought.  {letseat}
-Tedder

Let's go wheelin'!

www.myspace.com/gatrailriders

Offline rabunjeeper

• Visitor
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2009, 08:24:22 PM »
If you were stuck i'd probably just winch myself to you. But you could hook that 12k to a tree and uproot it or pull your bumper off one or the other.

Trail Whale

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2009, 08:36:30 PM »
I dont know which would be worse, the bumper or the tree.  Probably the tree.  Maybe if we tied about 4 Jeeps together, and tied off to a tree, or 5,  I might be able to pull myself out.

Offline rabunjeeper

• Visitor
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2009, 08:45:36 PM »
Here's a video of the small mudhole on the unmapped f/s road called abe gap. It's me in my old slick tires, no locker, and you can pee on a tire and get stuck jeep cj7. I don't miss this jeep, every time I tried to work on it I broke something else. LOL!!!!   
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 09:48:18 PM by rabunjeeper »

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2009, 09:44:21 PM »
On the fence about this one. Want to go but sundays are not the best for me. I am trying! Nice leasurely ride.
I've grown tired of this.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM