BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: well crap  (Read 328 times)

Offline swamprat

• Visitor
well crap
« on: November 05, 2009, 08:36:12 PM »
my toyota died on me today while driving home. i lost all my power and couldnt get above 2K rpm, and my battery was drained. i thought it was my O2 sensor at first, but after i noticed the battery was drained i called AAA. it was a bad day to take my doors off. i was freezing waiting for the tow truck.

but anywho the symptoms are no electrical power, and doesnt get above (approx.) 2K rpm. and when it does get about 2K rpm it stumbles alot, like if the O2 sensor was out. anyone else think its the alternator?

-Ian

Offline rabunjeeper

• Visitor
Re: well crap
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 08:43:17 PM »
Star it up and pull the negative battery cable off while it's running. If it dies it's your alternator.

Offline swamprat

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 08:58:07 PM »
i just heard from a guy with an 85 4runner and has had the same problem twice with cheap-o alternators. i'm going to pull mine and have it tested this weekend. maybe its a good excuse to upgrade :D

Offline TedderX

• Visitor
  • Be a User: Jeep.
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 08:59:30 PM »
I thought you weren't supposed to touch the battery while it's running?
-Tedder

Let's go wheelin'!

www.myspace.com/gatrailriders

Offline rabunjeeper

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 09:08:17 PM »
Just don't touch the cable to the other other cable or put your fingers in the fan. I've done it a hundred times. You just gotta be smart about it.  {ehm}

Offline swamprat

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 11:03:16 PM »
well im pretty damn sure its the alt. my plan of action is taking to advanced or someplace like that to test it. then ordering a high output alt.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM