BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Oconee River Flooding  (Read 1168 times)

Daniel

Re: Oconee River Flooding
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2009, 11:08:21 PM »
No, there was no JK pulling a Ranger.  There was a YJ trying to pull me, then a TJ finally got me out.  No JK though, it was stuck just the same, but in shallower water.

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2009, 11:09:21 PM »
hey now i can pull some pics showing a JK pulling a ranger... ;D ;D ;D ;D

He had to tug Richard's Ranger one time...   ::)       :D
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Daniel

« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2009, 11:12:27 PM »
hey now i can pull some pics showing a JK pulling a ranger... ;D ;D ;D ;D

He had to tug Richard's Ranger one time...   ::)       :D

Ah...never mind, I misread that. 

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2009, 11:14:45 PM »

I like it, got any more pictures of the old setup?  Tire/lift size?

I'm taking the liberty Jimmy  ;D

4.5 Rusty's lift/ 33x10.5 BFG Mud Terrain T/A KM (Jimmy and I both ran this tire for awhile. And Mark has them on his YJ. I miss those tires  :'( )

We've all been through the Rat Hole  {nln}  It was pretty tame in '07  :-\ Here's mine back when

« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 11:16:58 PM by Will »
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2009, 11:17:30 PM »
hey look its not very often that I can poke fun at others cause you guys are too busy making fun of me.. so when this NON-LOCKER guy can he shall bring it up... right Glen....  ;D ::) {letseat}

Daniel

« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2009, 11:21:15 PM »
hey look its not very often that I can poke fun at others cause you guys are too busy making fun of me.. so when this NON-LOCKER guy can he shall bring it up... right Glen....  ;D ::) {letseat}

Hey man, do what you gotta do.  I've only had the privilege to yank a few people out of sticky situations, but unfortunately, I never get pictures.

Offline TedderX

• Visitor
  • Be a User: Jeep.
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2009, 11:22:02 PM »
Thanks for the pictures will.  The extra diamond plate on the front fenders, are they worth the money?
-Tedder

Let's go wheelin'!

www.myspace.com/gatrailriders

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2009, 11:28:32 PM »
Thanks for the pictures will.  The extra diamond plate on the front fenders, are they worth the money?

When you've smacked the front fenders a dozen times then yes  ;D  I hit a tree pretty good when I first got the Jeep and KO'd the passenger fender. Bought those (That was 4 years ago) and have done it again and again to both sides. The sheet metal is completely mangled underneath and sometimes when I smack the fender the plastic diamond plate cover will fly off. But I can always bend the metal back into place and slap the cover back on. Couldn't tell? I guess it's worth it  ;D  You can have 'em as soon as I make tube fenders  ::)  Remind me when I do, you can have em if you want 'em. They're definitely more cosmetic than protection but they keep her looking decent.  {toast}
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Daniel

« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2009, 11:32:01 PM »
I gotta question too, the chrome grille inserts you painted...what'd you do?  Just rough it up with sand paper or something?  I wanna do the same thing to mine but paint it the body color.

Offline TedderX

• Visitor
  • Be a User: Jeep.
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2009, 11:33:29 PM »

When you've smacked the front fenders a dozen times then yes  ;D  I hit a tree pretty good when I first got the Jeep and KO'd the passenger fender. Bought those (That was 4 years ago) and have done it again and again to both sides. The sheet metal is completely mangled underneath and sometimes when I smack the fender the plastic diamond plate cover will fly off. But I can always bend the metal back into place and slap the cover back on. Couldn't tell? I guess it's worth it  ;D  You can have 'em as soon as I make tube fenders  ::)  Remind me when I do, you can have em if you want 'em. They're definitely more cosmetic than protection but they keep her looking decent.  {toast}

They're plastic?  But yea, I'll take 'em.  I've got a dent on my passenger fender.  I'm thinking quarter corners for the rear after my build.  Make 'em match and all.

I gotta question too, the chrome grille inserts you painted...what'd you do?  Just rough it up with sand paper or something?  I wanna do the same thing to mine but paint it the body color.

That's what I did with my headlightbezels.  I'm sure it's about the same thing.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 11:35:40 PM by TedderX »
-Tedder

Let's go wheelin'!

www.myspace.com/gatrailriders

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2009, 11:42:24 PM »

Yeah, they're starting to chip a little though  :-\  but I used cheap spray paint. Use a rough grit paper  (220 or so) and then come back over it with something more fine (800). Wipe it down real quick with lacquer thinner or a wax and grease remover and go to town.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Daniel

« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2009, 11:53:26 PM »
Yeah, they're starting to chip a little though  :-\  but I used cheap spray paint. Use a rough grit paper  (220 or so) and then come back over it with something more fine (800). Wipe it down real quick with lacquer thinner or a wax and grease remover and go to town.

Cool.  I've been wanting to do it.  It'll just make my truck look like an Edge edition in the front, but it'll be one less piece of chrome on there.  All that would be left would be the bumpers which means Matt and I had better get started on some bumpers.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM