BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: DURHAMTOWN 4X4 AREA CLOSED UNTIL SPRING 2010, IF THEN  (Read 1885 times)

Offline HHI_Rubicon

• Visitor
  • BANNED
Re: DURHAMTOWN 4X4 AREA CLOSED UNTIL SPRING 2010, IF THEN
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2009, 06:52:39 PM »
SSG and HHI, lets just plan, task and set up contingencies. HHI was talking about URE and Gulches. If we can get guys on the ground to assess these places and build threads on them, I think the T/O's would be receptive. This would just add more variety to rides. As it stands, i will miss all rides with maybe the Moab being a possibility. Again, I can't see into the future that far in advance. If Tony is up for it, he can recon those parks and report back. Hate to sound like a team leader here but it seems that parks are stating show a trend ....shutting down! If I am out of line by this suggestion please jump in. Imagery on google earth is one thing, but on the ground scale pics would help as well. TJ/Seth hit me on Facebook and spoke highly of the last ride GATR did. The pics were great and everyone's input helps. Chime in!

This thread definitely throws a wrench in our plans G but we can improvise, adapt and overcome! lol
We can make another thread about it but yes, I will recce URE or Gulches and maybe even both but I have heard great things first hand from reliable sources that have been to a lot of places. I haven't heard much about Gulches but the stuff I have heard has been good.
I would like to hear more about this D town topic and if it proves true, let's just call it out and move on.
For now, I will start a thread titled URE ( Uwharrie ) Vs Gulches with a poll and see which place wins the hearts and minds of the infidels. lol
Semper Fi

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2009, 06:57:26 PM »
Guys you dont even know the story behind what is going on and here you are blasting Mike... WTF...
Come on that is just wrong...

I don't see anyone blasting Mike.  He's a great guy.  Their just saying what most have been saying about the 4X4 park since it opened.  He has other priorities, but was was good enough to open an area for 4X4's, and a lot of stock guys love it.  It could be awesome, but I don't think it's a priority for them, or ever going to be. 

I wonder why someone doesn't open a park in the mountains of GA, like they have in AL and TN.  Couldn't be that different.

ghostdancer308

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2009, 07:00:02 PM »
Roger that HHI!!!

Offline HHI_Rubicon

• Visitor
  • BANNED
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2009, 07:03:38 PM »
Roger that HHI!!!

Rrrrrrroger, standby for fire mission .......... lol

I'm curious to see if anyone here has even been to both of those places.... hmmm.
Semper Fi

Offline rabunjeeper

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2009, 07:05:52 PM »
Guys you dont even know the story behind what is going on and here you are blasting Mike... WTF...
Come on that is just wrong...

I don't see anyone blasting Mike.  He's a great guy.  Their just saying what most have been saying about the 4X4 park since it opened.  He has other priorities, but was was good enough to open an area for 4X4's, and a lot of stock guys love it.  It could be awesome, but I don't think it's a priority for them, or ever going to be. 

I wonder why someone doesn't open a park in the mountains of GA, like they have in AL and TN.  Couldn't be that different.
Doug, I have been thinking the same thing for a while now. But the problem,( at least where I live in the mtns), is that if someone actually owned enough land to build an orv park, then they wouldn,t get approval for it because everything is near a stream or river and we all know that there's alot of people who don't like the idea of runoff in them. Most landowners around here only have small tracts and all the big tracts are forest service, and we all know that they aren't gonna make us a orv trail. It is a great idea though and I will keep my hopes up.

ghostdancer308

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2009, 07:28:56 PM »
I am dropping out of this thread. My responses are flying off into limbo. Besides, unlit MikeD or someone calls D-Town and quotes the guy, we will just have to wait and see.

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2009, 07:49:06 PM »
just sent Mike at D-town a e-mail I will know in the am.... I sent him a link to this thread...

and yea going back and reading what some of you posted you did blast him.. TACT is something we all have to learn.. just cause it wasnt your cup of tea doesnt mean you can say what ever pops in that Walt Disney Imagination.. cause if I did that I would be asked to leave this club.. but I try and use TACT when talking on here..

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2009, 08:24:44 PM »

I suppose Atlanta is the difference.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2009, 08:30:16 PM »
I guess so Will.  Surely wouldn't ever happen around Lake Burton, Lake Seed, etc.

Offline rabunjeeper

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2009, 08:36:56 PM »
I wonder when beasley knob is going on the chopping block?

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2009, 08:41:13 PM »
I wonder when beasley knob is going on the chopping block?

Hey Rabunjeeper,  have you ever checked out the forestry trails around Tiger? I was supposed to go last fall with some Land Rover buddies, but something came up. They wouldn't stop talking about those trails for awhile.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline rabunjeeper

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2009, 08:48:51 PM »
yep, sure did, every weekend until trout unlimited stepped in, it was called stonewall falls. I live 2 miles from it. They had a quick hearing about it and said that the road served no public purpose and they closed it permanetly about 4 months ago. All over one creek crossing. And man it was an awesome trail, big ruts, undoable hillclimbs, and some nasty mudholes. Ga cruisers have afew videos on you tube of it.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM