BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: my ad-hoc re ride  (Read 1570 times)

Offline davethomas

• Visitor
my ad-hoc re ride
« on: November 30, 2009, 12:23:15 AM »
well i took a couple of my club members on a spur of the moment ride back up to where we had the ad-hoc ride.  good news!!!  the bulldozer and truck are gone, the creek is still running down the trail and there still is no gravel on the hill.  it was a little more fun when it was wet though as we all made it up the hill in 2wd without spinning.  one of the guys grew up in clayton and knew of some other trails.  one was ok.  the second we came too had some fairly deep mud holes and one awesome rocky hill climb at the end.  after the hill climb, we turned around and headed back down.  well one of the mud holes that we went around the first time, i decided to give it a try.  well someone with tires bigger than mine rutted the hell out of it and i got high centered in the ruts....  i need lockers and a winch!!!!  heres a couple pics:  (BTW, it is not the same hole as the first two pics)

does this qualify me for stuck of the month???

« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 12:31:15 AM by davethomas »
Prez of Currahee Jeeps

Offline davethomas

• Visitor
Re: my ad-hoc re ride
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 12:29:19 AM »
oh, Andy, i need your number again.  i updated my phone a couple weeks ago and realized that i lost your phone number.  if i had it, i definately would have called ya!
Prez of Currahee Jeeps

Offline rabunjeeper

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 12:49:10 AM »
That mud hole your stuck in looks like mud hole road off of billy branch. I wish you would have called, theres an awesome hillclimb right down the road from there that hardly anybody knows about. I took cesrocks to it and he got a lil air time. It's about a quarter mile high and beasley knob steep with a 3 foot rut right up the center. The hill you went up past the mudholes is good to though, just very short. Cesrocks and I went to beasley yesterday and had a blast. Call me.

Offline davethomas

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 01:03:42 AM »
will do!!!  me and the blue TJ have been wanting to go to beasely.  i need to check over my jeep after it sat in that mud hole for about 30 minutes while they tried tuggin me out.  ended up have to be winched.  they got me almost out and Justins (the blue TJ)  winch quit working.  they had to tug me out from there.

my brakes feel vague but other than that its alright.  took hwy 441 back to clarkesville without a problem, but Justins TJ had some problems.  i dont know if its bad u-joints or what, but it vibrates and shakes under engine load.  i drove it up the road and back and it feels the same all the time.  the vibrations dont change with wheel speed.  hope its not his trans.  i dont know too much about TJ's, but i could tell you just about anything about a CJ.
Prez of Currahee Jeeps

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM