BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Durhamtown mudfest ride  (Read 5737 times)

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
Durhamtown mudfest ride
« on: January 16, 2010, 06:29:57 PM »
Just got back from DT. I had a blast even though it was nasty at the end. We got to ride a few hours before the rain got heavy. Good times for all. No carnage other than Seth added some more clearance to the front of the Hummer and Doug lost a caliper on the way to DT. ??? Not too many pics but We had to pull out the strap for one individual, and then we pulled cable for another. Thanks for the fun day guys! It was alos nice to see some new faces and hope you all had fun with us. Post pics and all here guys.

[attachment deleted by admin]
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Metro

• Visitor
  • Back up and bump it!
Re: Durhamtown mudfest ride
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 10:22:43 PM »
Sorry we decided to shag there at the end.  Did you guys ride much after we left?  It started to rain pretty hard and there was only about an hour and a half left before the park closed so we decided to take off.

The rest of my pictures are here: http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c335/ssiders/Durhamtown%201-10/

"That'll do donkey!"  LOL

The mud

Seth
07 Rubicon Unlimited on 37s

Offline tjl1388

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 11:15:19 PM »
I hate those stupid telephone poles!!  They are the devil.
Just another grocery getter with some lockers....
It is all about the U

mdo817

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 02:35:32 PM »
I had fun also, thanks to Ben and Mike for leading us around. I wont post pictures 'cause I only took a few and my lense must have been foggy on most of them. Here is a link but they are just about the same pictures that are posted.
http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/qq9/mdo817gatrailrider/D%20Town%202010/

It was fun watching the JK Recovery Team at work, only to need the H3 Recovery team return the favor ( a few times).
Great to see everyone and glad to have meet some new folks.  I enjoyed having Perry ride shotgun, he kept me from hitting any stumps. Hey Perry are you ready to buy a beater now and keep that TJ pristeen. Hope to see a good turn out next month.

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 02:38:26 PM »
well i just got back and had a FREAKING GREAT time... the mud made it just hairy enough to start the pucker factor didnt get alot of pics cause I was driving... but here is what I got.. damage report nothing that I know of yet.. Had on my lucky hoodie... Tony I dont thnk had any either... the night ride was cool... pucker factor at one time was -3 almost went into about 10 feet of water.. that would have been bad.,..

the bridge going to the 4x4 park... this is what that road looked like today...

RotorHead

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 02:43:20 PM »
Had a great time. I'm looking forward to the next gathering.

Here's a link to the ride thread at JK Owners. Check back frequently for new picks.

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16582&page=13

Here are the few that I got. Sorry about the quality. I had to use my backup camera and it sucks. Gotta get a new one before the next trip.

http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x164/SeminoleMike/Jeep%20Pictures/JKO%20Winter%20Fest%202010%20Durhamtown/

mdo817

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2010, 02:51:32 PM »
Damn that water came up fast! I also wanted to thank MikeD for reminding me of the wash rack, that was the best $4 I spent all weekend, my junk is cleaner now than it was when I got there. Looks like Perry had fun with yall after I left. Anyone get stuck?

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2010, 03:05:46 PM »
Stuck... brother we all got stuck... at one point or another.. well ok I did and so did Perry and Calvin.. stair stepper has a nasty twin that is hiddin on the far left side of it.. I thought I was going up it and well it was dark and raining... hell it was pouring.. and that twin brother was nasty... but made it to the last stair before needing to get winched up.. but it took them a min to find me.. I was all alone since Calvin and Tony turned around after I all ready went up and there was no backing down... but all and all it was a great time.. OH yea if you ever bunk with TONY HE SNORES SOOOOOO BAD I couldnt hear the storm outside last night.... LOL......

Mark hey man u only spent 4 bucks.. I was on 6 and it still isnt clean... i will use my power washer here at the house to finish..

Offline HHI_Rubicon

• Visitor
  • BANNED
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2010, 05:47:48 PM »
 Had a great time, good to see everyone! I wish we could have rode together more but I was trying to meet up with friends in 3 seperate groups and had no cell service / wasn't sure of CB channels.
Anyway, that was my first time at D town and I loved it. I am glad it rained to keep it interesting, even got to use my new winch a bit.  ;D

I don't have too many pics but I got a couple and a couple videos. I will post em up if I can figure it out.  {toast}

My Depth Finder

Semper Fi

RotorHead

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2010, 06:36:21 PM »
That's one hell of a depth finder.  {toast}

Offline HHI_Rubicon

• Visitor
  • BANNED
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2010, 07:10:35 PM »
That's one hell of a depth finder.  {toast}

Lol yeah, his feet were getting wet even up on the Stinger. Not sure if you got my texts but beers on me next time MikeL  {toast}
Semper Fi

Offline tjl1388

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2010, 09:06:10 PM »
Did you actually make it across?
Just another grocery getter with some lockers....
It is all about the U

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM