BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: overturned dump trailer  (Read 783 times)

Offline wcbuyer

• Visitor
Re: overturned dump trailer
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2010, 03:55:23 PM »
After watching Wrecked a few times I figured some of what goes on is for the show.  I would not think that arguing would make for good and safe working conditions.

Offline MACHINE

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2010, 04:44:18 PM »
It doesn't at all. We'll give each other hell on the yard a play practical jokes and all, but when it comes time to work, that's when we become all business. One of our things is fireworks.... On a slow day if someone gets caught napping there might be a pack of blackjacks involved. Personally, my favorite is a bottle rocket under the bathroom door. Keeps things interesting. We will booby trap things, tie old hubcaps to your truck axle, hide your car, all kind of stuff. But no one gets hurt. Thats the biggest unspoken thing about us.

Offline Richmon

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2010, 05:57:44 PM »
That show Wrecked is okay to have on the background and I find it interesting what goes into removing cars and stuff.  I also find it hard to believe that without the show the family argues as much as they do.

Is it still true that if there is an accident the first company to the site gets the job?  Or is there a way you are dispatched to sites?

Offline MACHINE

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2010, 06:36:50 PM »
That show Wrecked is okay to have on the background and I find it interesting what goes into removing cars and stuff.  I also find it hard to believe that without the show the family argues as much as they do.

Is it still true that if there is an accident the first company to the site gets the job?  Or is there a way you are dispatched to sites?

As to the first come first thing, that doesn't fly down here. I have heard things like that up  in Yankee territory, but down here we have like an assigned "territory" involving wrecks. It has to do with GA DOT and whats called T.R.I.P (Towing and Recovery Incentive Program). We have to qualify for this program with a certain amount of equipment and training. The object is to clear the road in less than 90 minutes after we get approval from the scene coordinator. Usually that is the HERO operators supervisor. I have to be on scene in less than 30 minutes after the call comes in, and while that sounds easy, you have to remember the traffic that gets backed up. It gets hectic to say the least.

Offline Richmon

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2010, 07:59:39 PM »
Thanks for the info.  I know that it used to be free for all in Texas (my uncle was a Houston Policeman).  Now I have the answer if it ever comes up on Jeopardy. 

Offline MACHINE

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2010, 08:32:39 PM »
Thanks for the info.  I know that it used to be free for all in Texas (my uncle was a Houston Policeman).  Now I have the answer if it ever comes up on Jeopardy. 

just log that one in the useless info file in the brain... ;)

Offline xjcrawler

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2010, 09:25:56 PM »
I've heard of wrecker drivers getting fined for being at the scene of an accident that were not on the "on call list" in Hall Co. {no}  Kind of like ambulance chasing for lawyers.

Offline MACHINE

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2010, 10:12:34 PM »
I've heard of wrecker drivers getting fined for being at the scene of an accident that were not on the "on call list" in Hall Co. {no}  Kind of like ambulance chasing for lawyers.

Yeah... its a big no no. Most of the companies like that are not what we call professionals, but rather one chain wonders. You can cause a really big stink by doing that here. In all actuality, the law enforcement around here will more than likely tell you to leave, and believe me, that kind of reputation will follow you around for a long time. At my company, all of our operators are wreckmaster certified, and for the couple of newjacks, its mandatory to take the next available classes. We want to be able to work with other companies, not against them. I wish everybody thought that way though...

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM