BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Jeep Robberies  (Read 1102 times)

Offline Jeff65SS

• Visitor
Re: Jeep Robberies
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2010, 12:48:58 PM »
I have been concerned about keeping valuables in the Jeep myself, so i built a heavy duty locking console large enough to fit a laptop in. Very sturdy and would take forever to break into.

Hard to tell from that view but a bolt cutter through what looks like a combo lock would go quick!

Best way folks is to just not keep anything in there that is not needed. I have a truck with tinted windows and all that crap but if you broke in tomorrow you would get a set of jumper cables and a set of 5yr old beat up Oakleys. Yeah it sucks but thats the world today!

You are right about that. A set of bolt cutters and you can definitely get in. Of course, with a set of bolt cutters you could get into about anything. The usual screw driver or BFH won't do it though. I only leave things in the Jeep if absolutely necessary. If I am out on the trails for the weekend, I will need to take some valuable things with me. That is why I try to have some level of protection inside. If it is going to take somebody more than a couple of minutes to get into it, chances are they will move on to the next car.
'06 Jeep Wrangler X

Offline TedderX

• Visitor
  • Be a User: Jeep.
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2010, 01:57:53 PM »
Oh, and i repainted the Jeep to match it.... :P

That's one of the best flat paint jobs I've seen.
-Tedder

Let's go wheelin'!

www.myspace.com/gatrailriders

Offline Jeff65SS

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2010, 04:21:10 PM »
Oh, and i repainted the Jeep to match it.... :P

That's one of the best flat paint jobs I've seen.

Wow. Thanks  :)
'06 Jeep Wrangler X

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2010, 07:17:32 PM »
i am just glad its not white anymore...

ranger11

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2010, 09:20:50 PM »
What paint did you use the camo by krylon?

Offline Jeff65SS

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2010, 09:30:28 PM »
i am just glad its not white anymore...

It was actually silver.

What paint did you use the camo by krylon?

I used Gillespie paint (code 30494) from here..  http://www.armyjeepparts.com/order_page/paint_bottom_1.htm
'06 Jeep Wrangler X

ranger11

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2010, 09:37:36 PM »
Cool price is good also thanks.

Offline Do Work 93 YJ

• Visitor
  • Ready To Ride
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2010, 09:37:07 AM »
How much did it take to do the whole Jeep?
Do Work Aka Moon Man. What you lack in technique make up in throttle! Or a set of cheater tires.

My Build Threads
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=3683.msg62464#msg62464

http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=6862.0

Offline Jeff65SS

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2010, 06:44:41 PM »
How much did it take to do the whole Jeep?

Less than 1 case (12 cans) of the rattle cans
'06 Jeep Wrangler X

Offline xjcrawler

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2010, 10:17:24 PM »
I install auto glass and smash and grabs have gotten worse than ever. They actually just use a screwdriver at the edge of the glass, easier and less noise. They also don't open doors as it might set off an alarm. One thing I have heard, is they steal the GPS and garage door opener, keyup "home" on GPS and it takes them there and use the garage door opener to get in.  And ladies don't put your purses in the backseat as you get out, they usually are hiding out watching where you put it before you go in to eat.

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2010, 10:29:30 PM »
They actually just use a screwdriver at the edge of the glass, easier and less noise.

That's how I got hit a few years back.
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Drap

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2010, 10:43:58 PM »
If you have a home security system.

Every type of system has wireless stuff, it sounds kind of cheesy but you can get a wireless motion from your house and put it on your dash!!! If anyone goes in or tries to steal your Jeep your alarm will go off in your house!!!

Tech Stuff: {ehm}

How motions work; They see heat movement. Inside the motion there are a bunch of zones, I will use a pie as an example; if you take half of the pie and eat the other you have 1 large 90degs piece of pie. Now cut the half of pie you did not eat into 4 slices. Now cut each piece in half so now you have 8 slices. Each piece of pie is in equal 8ths, each 8th sized piece is now a zone. When you walk across a room you are a big tube of heat. Your tube of heat would cross from one piece to another then another and so on crossing each zone setting the alarm off as you cross from one to another. Each motion has many more than 8 zones all over making small triangles and small rectangles. If you walk in a zone towards the motion you will cross zones also.

Motions cover 30ft more or less room at a mount height of 7ft more or less off the ground. At 7ft high and 20ft away you are a large tube of heat and at 7ft high and 40ft away you are a very small tube of heat. Now think of a hand at 1ft it will look like an elephant, this is how it would see the heat and set the alarm off in your Jeep. It would be even better if they would climb in the Jeep grab it and wave it in front of there body breaking many or all of the zones not just one or two from a hand. So hope for a stupid one that gets in.

If your wireless receiver is less than 150ft line of sight in most cases from where you park you should be fine.

Motions can not freeze! If it is below 32 degrees it will break.  Also if it is over 100deg in your Jeep and some one breaking in is less than 100deg motion will probably not go off.

There are different ways of programing the motion. It could be programed like a motion, door, window, safe, or panic.

MOST of these have to be kept with in constant communication with your panel. Your system will send a trouble signal if it can find the motion. So if you take it with you, or Jeep gets stolen the security company WILL be notified the device has a communication problem. {;-(}

MOTION;  If you program it as a motion it will only be armed when you leave the house. (Because, if you have another motion in your living room you could not walk around your house with it on.) {no}

DOOR; If you program it as a door it will be armed whenever you arm your system but it will have a delay like your front door. Example: 30sec or 45sec what ever you have your delay set as. ( So if you want to be alerted like someone just came though a door, you could turn it off before your 30sec is up and run out and shoot them. This is for you.) {bruce}

WINDOW; If you program it as a Window it will be armed whenever you arm your system, but it will NOT have a delay like your front door, it will be instant like your back door.( So if you want the siren to go off, and your security company to be called as soon as it goes off this is for you.) :hlp

SAFE; If you program it as a Safe it will be armed whenever you arm your system, and it will NOT have a delay like your front door, it will be instant like your back door. :hlp With a little change, if it trips when you are armed all goes like planned the security company is called yada yada. If your system is not armed it will set off a local trouble signal on your key pad but not call. {bruce}

PANIC/HOLD UP; If you program it as a Panic it will be armed all the time, you would NOT have a delay at all. If it sees anything it will have a instant dispatch no call until after cops are dispatched. ballchain

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM