BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Durhamtown mudfest ride  (Read 5777 times)

Offline HHI_Rubicon

• Visitor
  • BANNED
Re: Durhamtown mudfest ride
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2010, 09:29:46 PM »
Did you actually make it across?

My depth finder insisted we back out when his feet were getting wet even up on the stinger, then him and one other guy attempted to test the waters but also used better judgement and backed out. It was pretty deep and running really fast, I guess we did the smart thing by backing out but I really wanted to try to get across lol

Semper Fi

Offline HeeptoJeep09

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2010, 09:40:43 PM »
Definately looked like a mudfest. Wish I was closer.

Doug what caused the brake to crap out?
98 XJ-
4.0l auto
231 w/ AA SYE
7"RE/Rustys/Custom LA lift
35" Toyos on Moabs
Lock Right-front Auburn-rear
4:10s
Chili Pepper Red

mdo817

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2010, 11:28:50 PM »
Did you actually make it across?

My depth finder insisted we back out when his feet were getting wet even up on the stinger, then him and one other guy attempted to test the waters but also used better judgement and backed out. It was pretty deep and running really fast, I guess we did the smart thing by backing out but I really wanted to try to get across lol

Just watched the news and the Area of DT is the only place that they talked about FLOODS. Funny how that happened. I think yall made the right choice by backing out. You of all people know the risk Tony.  {toast}

Offline prjohnson

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2010, 08:11:14 AM »
I had a great time with everyone & thanks Mark for letting me ride & everyone who helped when I was stuck & taking the time to explain why & how to do something. I learned a lot on this trip...
Now, I'm itching to buy something I won't have to worry about breaking!

I'm looking forward to the next ride!
Perry

Offline HHI_Rubicon

• Visitor
  • BANNED
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2010, 08:58:40 AM »
I had a great time with everyone & thanks Mark for letting me ride & everyone who helped when I was stuck & taking the time to explain why & how to do something. I learned a lot on this trip...
Now, I'm itching to buy something I won't have to worry about breaking!

I'm looking forward to the next ride!

You did good man, it's a learning experience as I have been finding out for myself. Good job getting up that hill on street tires.  {toast}
Semper Fi

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2010, 09:46:22 AM »
No worries man! We all have to learn somewhere. DT is a great place to learn the basics, and learn normal scraping noises as well. ;D
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Rowingfish87

• Visitor
    • My pictures
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2010, 12:48:05 PM »
No worries man! We all have to learn somewhere. DT is a great place to learn the basics, and learn normal scraping noises as well. ;D

I remember the first couple times I heard metal from my jeep scrape rock...but then you learn the different sounds of what can and cannot scrape. haha
2002 TJ 4.0L/NV3550/NP231/F-D30/R-D44
36x12.50x15 TSLs
RC 2.5" Lift

1998 Ram 2500 4x4 12v CTD

GANTR Member #2

Offline prjohnson

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2010, 01:01:04 PM »
Yeah, I kept thinking that something was about to break off when I was trying to go through the rock garden. My clutch leg was shaking so bad I could hardly do anything....lol...
I'll be working to do a similar set up as Kyle, except I'll probably stick with 33's.
The goal is to do the BL next & start searching for 33's & Armor.
Maybe some of this could be done by the end of summer (depends on how well the pool liner holds up this year).
Never know though, I'm really considering selling my hardtop to help get a better set up.
Perry

Offline Rowingfish87

• Visitor
    • My pictures
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2010, 02:14:49 PM »
Yeah, I kept thinking that something was about to break off when I was trying to go through the rock garden. My clutch leg was shaking so bad I could hardly do anything....lol...
I'll be working to do a similar set up as Kyle, except I'll probably stick with 33's.
Maybe some of this could be done by the end of summer (depends on how well the pool liner holds up this year).
Never know though, I'm really considering selling my hardtop to help get a better set up.

you wont need a BL to run 33s on your lift. but rock sliders would be another good investment before you beat yours to crap and back like the rest of us.
2002 TJ 4.0L/NV3550/NP231/F-D30/R-D44
36x12.50x15 TSLs
RC 2.5" Lift

1998 Ram 2500 4x4 12v CTD

GANTR Member #2

mdo817

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2010, 02:33:18 PM »
The bug has infested itself. ;D  I egree with Kyle some sort of rocker protection is a must and should be on top of your list if your going to play on rocks. 33's are good, that is what Ben runs and he goes everywhere. {toast}

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2010, 07:01:57 PM »
Looks like a good time and wish I could have made it. Tires look good Mark!

Hey, they do have a couple rocks up there!
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

mdo817

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2010, 07:05:07 PM »
Looks like a good time and wish I could have made it. Tires look good Mark!

Hey, they do have a couple rocks up there!
You saw pictures of every rock, we didn't leave any un-hit LOL ;D

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM