BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Scout and Wrangler Build Thread  (Read 1771 times)

BigJerm

Re: Scout and Wrangler Build Thread
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2010, 08:25:31 PM »
Montana loves the water... Bruce has never been... yet

RotorHead

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2010, 11:06:45 PM »
I've done both. Swimming out to me seemed to work the best, but after she swam to me and realized what she did, she freaked out, swam back to shore and cried until I came back and wouldn't do it again. When I throw a toy in the water, she just cries until it floats to her. Its a trip watching her though, she will lean out as far as she can while keeping her footing, then she'll take one step too far and her back legs just stick out to the side, her head sinks, and her tail starts flailing around.

It sounds like it's just gonna take some time for her to feel comfortable. It might be the pit bull in her. I haven't seen too many of them swimming the lakes.

One other thing you might try is to hold her in the water while she's relaxed. Then give her a shove away from shore, but stay between her and shore. Catch her when she tries to swim back to shore and repeat.

Mike, swung by the pad yesterday afternoon, you were out. Saw the pup... got big!

Maybe that's because I was watching cars go around in circles at Talladega. Sorry I missed you.  {toast}

RotorHead

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2010, 11:08:26 PM »
Jimmy - my dog is the same way.  He's half lab and is freaked out by deep water.

lol, Mines a lab/pit mix I think. She's freaking retarded, maybe I should get her floaties!

Might not be a bad idea, really. The make flotation devices for dogs. That might help her get over her fear.

Offline Richmon

• Visitor
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2010, 07:37:01 AM »
Those pics and videos are cool.  The lab that we rescued loves the water.  I could not believe how much these dogs like swimming in the water.

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2010, 08:21:31 AM »
Beth has been cracking up all morning about the look on Scout's face in this picture:

- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2010, 08:26:58 AM »
Beth has been cracking up all morning about the look on Scout's face in this picture:

When is Wranglers body gonna catch up with that head? 

Nothing like having a pup around. They grow out of it too fast sometimes, and not fast enough others.

RotorHead

« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2010, 10:01:07 AM »

I'm standing on the ball. That's all he sees.  :)

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2010, 11:53:28 PM »
LuLu loves the water.. Charlie is getting alot better at swimming... which brings me to another point.. in about 11 months LuLu will be for sale.. and so will her pups.. all but one... a yellow lab male... if she has one.. and she better..

RotorHead

« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2011, 08:54:07 PM »
Haven't updated this in a while. Here's a couple of videos from the snow/ice last week.

Pretty bad ice when 90 lbs dogs can't even brake through to the snow.

Wrangler's goofy ass taking a leak.

/>
Doggy ice skating.

ghostdancer308

« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2011, 09:07:45 PM »
 {toast}

mdo817

« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2011, 10:36:04 PM »
About time you updated this thread. {toast}

Offline CopperCrawler

• Visitor
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2011, 08:27:04 AM »
Very Cool!!!  {toast}
1999 TJ
2004 F-350 XLT, FX4, 4X4, 4"lift on 35s
2011 F-150 Supercrew Lariat, 4X4 (Wifes car)
And the Off Road transportation that NEVER gets stuck
1990 Tennessee Walking Horse - "JEZ"

Always remember our veterans!!  Even if you don't agree with the politics of what they are fighting for, they are someone who swore to give the ultimate sacrifice of their LIFE to defend the freedoms you and I enjoy everyday.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM