BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: The Wife Wants to Wheel . . .  (Read 2307 times)

Offline Tejasol

• Visitor
The Wife Wants to Wheel . . .
« on: March 01, 2010, 07:48:54 PM »
so I called up Bob and he said Mountainside is open this weekend.  My family is taking two rigs, a Waggy and a TJ.  My buddy and his family will most likely go and they are taking an XJ and a TJ.  We like Mounainside because there are several trails for the kids to practice on, and plenty to challenge us.  We are leaving from the Acworth/Marietta area and will probably get there around 9 Gadsden time.  Everyone is welcome.  Our motto is the more the merrier!

Offline Logan

• Visitor
  • Hit it like you mean it
Re: The Wife Wants to Wheel . . .
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 09:21:12 PM »
If only you were planning on doing this the weekend of the 12th. I would be back in the area and definitely up for a trip out there.
93 F-250 tow pig

mdo817

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 09:39:37 PM »
I wish, looks like I'm heading to Trinidad this Thursday for 4 0r 5 days of work. This should really suck, weather there shows Sunny and mid 90's with lows in mid 70's. ;D

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 07:42:14 AM »
I wish, looks like I'm heading to Trinidad this Thursday for 4 0r 5 days of work. This should really suck, weather there shows Sunny and mid 90's with lows in mid 70's. ;D

We go there often on biz.  Trinidad/Tobago is not a good vacation destination other than inside a resort although it is beautiful.  Stay safe.  Eat some local food.

Overtime!  Extra parts or is it her time again?  ;D

Can't make this, too far with other committed rides this month, so I might take the family on the Forest Service Ride.  Looks like a big crowd is forming again.

mdo817

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 07:49:28 AM »

We go there often on biz.  Trinidad/Tobago is not a good vacation destination other than inside a resort although it is beautiful.  Stay safe.  Eat some local food.

Overtime!  Extra parts or is it her time again?  ;D

Can't make this, too far with other committed rides this month, so I might take the family on the Forest Service Ride.  Looks like a big crowd is forming again.
Yea, it will be Hangar to resort, eat, rum, sleep, repeat...

This money will probably pay for a Cabo trip next month. Maybe I can squeak a part or two out of it. {toast}

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 08:11:02 AM »

R u back for the 13th.  I need a good spotter!   :D :D

Offline Tejasol

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 08:58:10 PM »
Well, we had a blast.  My goal for the day was to go anywhere the baby Jeeps were going and I did.  They kept telling over the radio that I might want to turn back, but I was able to push through.  Sometimes my wheel base helped, and at other times my weight hindered.  The only carnage for me is a crease my son added to the rear passenger door as he rubbed up against a tree.  I will have more videos by this weekend.

Offline Tejasol

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 09:10:18 PM »
Here are a couple of videos from my buddy's camera.

In the first one, you'll see me teetering.  My son and I were rocking the rig while we waited for my buddy's wife to come over with the camera.  I actually had a lot less drama than the TJs on this trail.

/>
Here is my buddy trying some more serious stuff since he finished his cage and harnesses.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM