BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Jeep EVENT..  (Read 2975 times)

urdaddyjeep

Jeep EVENT..
« on: March 18, 2010, 11:59:59 PM »
This is a feeler thread to see just how many of you would make it out to help out some wounded warriors... I am in the pre-planning stage of this and need to know what kind of turn out I would get... this is what I am thinking

Having a Jeep show/Ride for the Wounded Warriors here at Ft Gordon. 20bucks gets your heep in... the wounded guys will have a judging party that will go around and look at each rig... some kind of gift will be given out to those that place in the judging.. like best in show... ugliest.,.. dirtest... stuff like that... there will be a grill going and for a very small fee you can eat... then after the show we take the guys and girls for a ride around town and back to post.. those of them that get the ok from their doc will go out on some of the trails on post(still have to get ok from post first)
all monies raised will go to the wounded warriors and the fisher house....

now that you know the what... i know you want to know when.... well I was thinking either the weekend before Jeep Beach or the weekend after.... why so far out you ask... cause nothing in the Army moves very fast... main reason is this... the wounded guys need to be seen by the doc and get the ok before they do anything like 4wheelin cause it could set back the time table on their rehab..we dont want that to happen.. and that takes time... also it takes time for this post to say ok to anything... and having a SSG pushing it along doesnt help it much... that is why i talked to a Major today about it.. maybe he can push it through...
but I need a no BS on if  you can make it or not.....
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 12:04:34 AM by urdaddyjeep »

urdaddyjeep

Re: Jeep EVENT..
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 12:00:40 AM »
oh and also need to know which weekend would would better ...

and if anyone would like to do a private donation of gifts like tee shirts or gift cards let me know by pm or email...
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 12:02:35 AM by urdaddyjeep »

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 07:07:24 PM »
going to be on the 8th of May...

Offline TonkaJK

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 08:01:43 AM »
This sounds like a good time!!! Go ahead and pencil us in!!!!  {letseat}

ghostdancer308

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 08:07:00 AM »
MikeD, you know my situation...shift fire if you can. If not, drive on! See you the following weekend for the shoot!! {toast}

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2010, 02:47:13 PM »
well i might have to shift fire anyway.... cause one of the guys here thats his b-day weekend... might have to drop beach week and do it that weekend.. i dont know... this is something that i have been wanting to do for sometime now... you would think with a club that has over 400 members......... anyway....

gp dont worry i dont have a pen handy right now so i guess i can pencile you in ...LOL...

G... i know i know.... if you make it back in time great... but be ready for the shoot... i am thinking of getting a compact xd just have to wait and see...

ghostdancer308

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2010, 02:51:56 PM »
cool...

Offline Tejasol

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2010, 09:41:09 PM »
Let me run it by my crew and I will see how many Jeeps we can muster.  Let me know if you are in fact changing the May 8th date.  Scheduling is critical right now.  If everything lines up correctly we should be able to bring four Jeeps for sure and a few more maybes.

Offline HHI_Rubicon

• Visitor
  • BANNED
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2010, 08:59:39 AM »
I would like to help but I am committed to Jeep Beach again this year. I would call my buddy Lee ( the guy who organized that fisher house event at RR we went to ) to help you drive more people in but he will also be at Jeep Beach, as will everyone he would normally drive in to your event.
If the dates change, let me know.
Semper Fi

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2010, 11:23:47 AM »
The date is May 8th......... its solid... as much as i can make it with the Army.... Jeep Beach is the week after..

Offline HHI_Rubicon

• Visitor
  • BANNED
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2010, 11:26:20 AM »
well i might have to shift fire anyway.... cause one of the guys here thats his b-day weekend... might have to drop beach week and do it that weekend..

I thought you were changing it from May 8th to Jeep beach weekend? Make up your mind lol
Semper Fi

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2010, 05:46:07 PM »
it was never the same weekend as Jeep Beach.. too many people are going there... so therefore it has to be the 8th of May.... now the Army may have it on the 7th... but as of right now... it is May 8...

so whos all in.. or is it just going to be 4 jeeps there..

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM