BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Jeep EVENT..  (Read 2981 times)

urdaddyjeep

Re: Jeep EVENT..
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2010, 09:23:32 PM »
if you have to ask what the lesson is then maybe you didnt see the problem...

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2010, 09:39:05 PM »
this is what we do...

http://www.nragive.com/ringoffreedom/nr_j0199_landing.html

if you dont get it.... you never will....

Offline Calvin

• Visitor
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2010, 11:45:49 PM »
I know what y'all do, and I can not say thank you enough!!!  {salute}

I only wanted to know what lesson you took from this. That's all.
98 XJ

Offline jeepinjp

• Visitor
    • WHEELERS FOR THE WOUNDED
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2010, 12:29:23 PM »
Hi all I am JP and I took over WFTW when Jason went back to the theater, I am a little confused as to weather this was to be a WWP event or a WFTW event ??? Unfortunately it seems it will not happen, too bad... If I can help let me know. One thing I can say is you need to give yourself and others more leadtime for planning etc.I dont know what its like there wheeling wise, but what most states do is plan a few fundraising events, weather at 4x4 shops at military events etc. contact vendors and get goodies to raffle, to giveaway etc. solicit donations and then hold a main event where there is a weekend that said clubs volunteer and take wounded warriors, their family out wheeling, camping , eating etc. for the weekend all at NO cost to warrior.. It is the 4 wheel drive communities way of saying THANK YOU....................
if i can help let me know....

thank you for your thoughts.... this was not a WWP nor a WFTW event. this was my event that I wanted to do here for the troops here.. I want local support to show them that the locals support.. but then there wasnt much support for it.. i learned a leasson...
[/quote]

Mike,
          I was contacted a while back by Laurie G. and she mentioned that a guy from here was trying to do something for the troops and was interested in doing WFTW that is why I asked.... And so you know WFTW is all about local, I say that because from your post I think you think otherwise. WFTW looks for host clubs to to their states events, you do your own fundraising, you run your event of wheeling,camping etc.All we say is there will be no charge for our local wounded warriors and any extra $$ you have after your event be donated locally to a military charity period....... and we had an event in GA last year 26/27 Sept. and another scheduled this year at River Rock  on 1st to 3rd October . The host club is  Matanzas Jeep Club contacts Clarence and Glen..
Thanx
JP
semper fi
NEVER FORGET
Thanks for your service.........
www.wheelersforthewounded.org
www.militaryjeepers.com
BOD www.sharetrails.org
NJ  www.nohvcc.org

ghostdancer308

« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2010, 12:48:50 PM »
this is obviously a sore spot for MikeD and I know where he is coming from. I am still open myself to doing something but for me its timing. I am only home 3 months out of a year. Now, I did suggest what Fisher House does. Purchase an item and do a raffle. When I was with my old company, we purchased M4's and raffled them off for 20$ a ticket and the money went to the injured guys and their families. I guess there is many ways to approach it, but the lesson here is GATR is spaced out and most guys can't drop everything and show up for a ride. Yes, you get a bunch of lip service when you try to organize this type of event along with other club functions. This was MikeD's complaint. He has cooled off I think, and he will most likely bash me, but it is what it is! {salute}

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2010, 12:55:46 PM »
this is obviously a sore spot for MikeD and I know where he is coming from. I am still open myself to doing something but for me its timing. I am only home 3 months out of a year. Now, I did suggest what Fisher House does. Purchase an item and do a raffle. When I was with my old company, we purchased M4's and raffled them off for 20$ a ticket and the money went to the injured guys and their families. I guess there is many ways to approach it, but the lesson here is GATR is spaced out and most guys can't drop everything and show up for a ride. Yes, you get a bunch of lip service when you try to organize this type of event along with other club functions. This was MikeD's complaint. He has cooled off I think, and he will most likely bash me, but it is what it is! {salute}

I think thats the big problem, Mike was trying to pull together a Jeep show (kind of a niche event) while advertising to people over 2 hours away. Mike, if you have a car show for all types of vehicles and get hooked up with some of the clubs from www.csramotorsports.com I KNOW you will have a successful event. Lots of military on the site, lots of people that like to go to shows, and lots of people that support the military. If you've never organized a car show before, it's a lot of work and takes a good bit of planning.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 12:57:30 PM by Jimmy »
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Offline jeepinjp

• Visitor
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2010, 01:00:42 PM »
Well I am not here to muddy up the waters if the club is interested in maybe hosting/helping a WFTW event then someone can message me. I will be contacting other area clubs to see if they have interest..

Thanks to all....................

JP
Thanx
JP
semper fi
NEVER FORGET
www.militaryjeepers.com
BOD www.sharetrails.org
NJ  www.nohvcc.org

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2010, 01:06:55 PM »
Some of us went to the WFTW event at River Rock last year, and I definitely plan on being back this year too.
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Offline jeepinjp

• Visitor
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2010, 01:08:55 PM »
Thanks Jimmy good to hear..
Thanx
JP
semper fi
NEVER FORGET
www.militaryjeepers.com
BOD www.sharetrails.org
NJ  www.nohvcc.org

mdo817

« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2010, 01:41:54 PM »
I made that ride and will try and be back this year.

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2010, 02:34:32 PM »
like i said on page 1 and 2 of this thread that all money raised would have went to the WTB and the Fisher house. I wanted to do this event to help get the wounded guys out and about. I know that being there around other wounded guys can be stressful on the mind body and soul. I only wanted jeeps and then i started to open it up to other 4x4s since I wasnt getting the support i thought i would.

Lesson here is this... next time I do something like this I will call it a ride or something like that.. maybe it will get more people on board... Jimmy that was kind of a lame excuse about being 2hrs away.. we drive more then that to get to Tellico and MM.. hell how far was it to KY for that ride..

The end result is this... I will stick with doing what I do... and if there is a next time where I try and put on an event I will use other military guys to do so.. there is about 200 Jeeps riding around post here...

Glen that would be a great idea if I had the money to buy something like that to raffle off.. but again i am just a poor man trying to help out others that gave more then I did...

JP i was there last yr for the WFTW event at RR... There was only 2 of us that showed up that were in the military. Gus Gus and I... and if I am around this yr for it I will be there again..

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2010, 02:38:37 PM »
Well put Jimmy. It was just last year when we put the show/M&G together to raise money for Operation Lightsaber. While I still think it was successful and we raised hundreds for the cause, it took a lot of effort to put on, lots of politics, advertising etc. It is very easy to brainstorm these events, but getting it all together is very hard and just does not ever work out like you have planned in your mind. If people like to ride places like Telico & RR, that is probably a good idea to listen to the mass and try to hold the event at somewhere people want to go. BTW I dont remember seeing you at the show last year? ;D

As far as helping with WFTW, GATR would love to get involved. Contact Mike D with the details.

Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM