BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Jeep EVENT..  (Read 3009 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
Re: Jeep EVENT..
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2010, 02:49:29 PM »
Lesson here is this... next time I do something like this I will call it a ride or something like that.. maybe it will get more people on board... Jimmy that was kind of a lame excuse about being 2hrs away.. we drive more then that to get to Tellico and MM.. hell how far was it to KY for that ride..

We travel long distances to ride. 4x4 guys don't seem to be the type of guys to travel cross country for shows like guys that build hot rods, imports, muscle cars, etc will. That's why I think you need to hold a show for all types of vehicles. Your heart is in the right place and its more than definitely for a good cause, thats why I am trying to be helpful. If you want, I can get you in contact with folks around Augusta that are old hats at this stuff.
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2010, 09:14:21 AM »
Well put Jimmy. It was just last year when we put the show/M&G together to raise money for Operation Lightsaber. While I still think it was successful and we raised hundreds for the cause, it took a lot of effort to put on, lots of politics, advertising etc. It is very easy to brainstorm these events, but getting it all together is very hard and just does not ever work out like you have planned in your mind. If people like to ride places like Telico & RR, that is probably a good idea to listen to the mass and try to hold the event at somewhere people want to go. BTW I dont remember seeing you at the show last year? ;D

As far as helping with WFTW, GATR would love to get involved. Contact Mike D with the details.

I was at RR for the WFTW event... I wasnt able to make the Lightsaber event cause I was in the FIELD....

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2010, 09:18:31 AM »
Well put Jimmy. It was just last year when we put the show/M&G together to raise money for Operation Lightsaber. While I still think it was successful and we raised hundreds for the cause, it took a lot of effort to put on, lots of politics, advertising etc. It is very easy to brainstorm these events, but getting it all together is very hard and just does not ever work out like you have planned in your mind. If people like to ride places like Telico & RR, that is probably a good idea to listen to the mass and try to hold the event at somewhere people want to go. BTW I dont remember seeing you at the show last year? ;D

As far as helping with WFTW, GATR would love to get involved. Contact Mike D with the details.

I was at RR for the WFTW event... I wasnt able to make the Lightsaber event cause I was in the FIELD....
()()
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM