BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Anybody got a plug in style brake controller I can borrow?  (Read 470 times)

RotorHead

Anybody got a plug in style brake controller I can borrow?
« on: April 01, 2010, 02:10:34 PM »
Emily and I are heading to Panama City for spring break and we're gonna pull the camper down. My Jeep has a brake controller hard wired, but I wanted to use my mom's Hemi Cherokee to pull the camper down. It is prewired with the 7 pin connector on the back. I need one that will plug into the dash. I haven't looked to see what the connector looks like. Maybe I can just buy an adapter and use any old brake controller.

Just really haven't looked into it that closely and was hoping somebody might just have one I could borrow for a week until I figure out what I need to get.

Thanks.

ranger11

Re: Anybody got a plug in style brake controller I can borrow?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 02:12:17 PM »
Im to lasy to look, when is it?

RotorHead

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 02:14:06 PM »

I'll be pulling out either Monday night or Tuesday morning.

Edit: That would be next Monday or Tuesday, April 5 or 6.

ranger11

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 02:24:31 PM »

I'll be pulling out either Monday night or Tuesday morning.

Edit: That would be next Monday or Tuesday, April 5 or 6.

I mis read thought it was jeep beach. I will look at mine and send a pic to your phone if It will work I will let you use it but you have to figure out how to get it that quick. Ups would take 3 day so you may would get it monday.

mdo817

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 02:45:29 PM »
Mike I have one you can have and do a perm. install, it's not a "digital" but it served me fine until a friend gave me my digital. Call me.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 03:12:22 PM »
Can't beat FREE from MARK! 

I just put a brand new one in the XXX,  from etrailer for less than $100 plus a cable that jumped over into a panel under the dash in the XXX and after 10 minutes, done.  One of the new fancy ones that auto adjusts for force being applied.  Sounds like the way to go. 

You could have it here tomorrow, or run by Tow Pro on Buford Hwy, but I'm sure there are others closer to you.

http://www.etrailer.com/Brake-Controller/Tekonsha/90185.html

mdo817

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2010, 09:21:01 PM »
Mike I picked that harness up at Summit, so your set if you want it. If not I'll return it.

RotorHead

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2010, 11:44:25 PM »
Mike I picked that harness up at Summit, so your set if you want it. If not I'll return it.

Thanks Mark. I really owe you one. Thanks also Richard and Doug, but I think I'm just gonna take the freebie Mark offered.  {toast}

mdo817

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 12:23:49 AM »

Thanks Mark. I really owe you one. Thanks also Richard and Doug, but I think I'm just gonna take the freebie Mark offered.  {toast}
Call me tomorrow, I mean when the sun comes up. LOL {toast}

Offline Tejasol

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2010, 12:02:27 PM »
Jeep pre-wired the rig for you.  I put mine in the little cubby hole to the left of the steering wheel in the dash.  If you look up under the dash in that corner, you will find a green wire that is part of the wiring loom.  You should be able to see a green loop.  Pull on the loop and on end of the wire will come free.  That is the controller wire that is factory run to the trailer hook up in the rear.  All you have to do is run your power and ground.  I hope this helps.

Offline Calvin

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2010, 01:16:41 PM »
Can't beat FREE from MARK! 

I just put a brand new one in the XXX,  from etrailer for less than $100 plus a cable that jumped over into a panel under the dash in the XXX and after 10 minutes, done.  One of the new fancy ones that auto adjusts for force being applied.  Sounds like the way to go. 

You could have it here tomorrow, or run by Tow Pro on Buford Hwy, but I'm sure there are others closer to you.

http://www.etrailer.com/Brake-Controller/Tekonsha/90185.html

XXX  {ehm}
98 XJ

RotorHead

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2010, 10:11:04 PM »
Jeep pre-wired the rig for you.  I put mine in the little cubby hole to the left of the steering wheel in the dash.  If you look up under the dash in that corner, you will find a green wire that is part of the wiring loom.  You should be able to see a green loop.  Pull on the loop and on end of the wire will come free.  That is the controller wire that is factory run to the trailer hook up in the rear.  All you have to do is run your power and ground.  I hope this helps.

Thanks, yes it does help. Mark hooked me up with what is hopefully the right plug in adapter and a brake controller. Summit had the adapter for Dodge/Chrysler, but nothing listed for Jeep. We assumed they are the same and Mark picked one up while he was there.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM