BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Gatlinburg/Cherokee, NC  (Read 549 times)

Offline Shagaroo

• Visitor
Gatlinburg/Cherokee, NC
« on: May 26, 2010, 10:35:54 AM »
Anyone familiar with any easy trails in this area?  FS road perhaps?  The family is heading out on vacation up there soon and thought we might do some light trail riding.

rockcrusher

Re: Gatlinburg/Cherokee, NC
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 10:39:25 AM »
I'm not but I'm sure there is plenty

Offline rabunjeeper

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 10:49:48 AM »
There is a trail up near cherokee called " Caney Creek " . I think the name of the community is cullawee. You might can google it and get some more info. Ive got some aquiantances up in that area and thats the only trail I can get them to tell me about. I think the f/s up around that area is pretty strict on trails. While your up there, do go ride Cades Cove though. If you haven't been you won't regret it. Lots of deer and bear to be seen in there.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 04:52:25 PM by rabunjeeper »

Offline Ben H.

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 11:28:06 AM »
Don't know of any trails on the TN side. But check out Cataloochee Cove on the NC side and like said above, Cade's Cove.
1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ZJ V8

ranger11

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 01:27:45 PM »
I found one up there but I was in a mazda 6 and had to turn around. I will talk to the wife tonight and see if we can figure out where it was. There was people camping up and down the trail. Also do ride through cades cove awesome wildlife there.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 02:39:35 PM »
I found one up there but I was in a mazda 6 and had to turn around. I will talk to the wife tonight and see if we can figure out where it was. There was people camping up and down the trail. Also do ride through cades cove awesome wildlife there.

Cades Cove is an awesome place at dusk.  Big wildlife everywhere.  Maybe even some bears next to all the turkeys.

Offline Ben H.

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 03:16:39 PM »
Oh yea, forget to mention, Cataloochee has elk there. And if you are on the TN side going to NC, take the back way and you spend most of your time on gravel roads with a few creek crossings. More if you take a wrong turn.

Offline TedderX

• Visitor
  • Be a User: Jeep.
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 03:27:50 PM »
Cades Cove is pretty awesome.

Last time were there, there was a bear in a tree.  Everyone was stopping to look at it.

I'll see if I can find some pictures.

(for the record, I think it was Will that was asking, dad's pipe tobacco is Cade's Cove Cavendish he gets from the Gatlinburlier).
-Tedder

Let's go wheelin'!

www.myspace.com/gatrailriders

Offline prjohnson

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 03:42:32 PM »

Last time were there, there was a bear in a tree.  Everyone was stopping to look at it.

(for the record, I think it was Will that was asking, dad's pipe tobacco is Cade's Cove Cavendish he gets from the Gatlinburlier).

Cades Cove is one of my favorite places on earth. Use to go there when I was a kit all the time. There's awesome memories up there!
Perry

Offline Ben H.

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2010, 04:34:41 PM »

Oh man, I love going to the Gatlinburlier just to talk to the guy that runs it and for the smells.

Offline TedderX

• Visitor
  • Be a User: Jeep.
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2010, 04:47:46 PM »

Oh man, I love going to the Gatlinburlier just to talk to the guy that runs it and for the smells.

No doubt.  That's the first place dad always wants to go.  They're good people that own it/work there.  Just sit and smoke and talk for hours is what they do.

But since we can't go all the time, he gets his through the mail.  Got some plan set up or something another.

And the warranty on their house pipe's is one that can't be beat.
-Tedder

Let's go wheelin'!

www.myspace.com/gatrailriders

Offline Shagaroo

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 10:04:44 AM »
Thanks...  I will look into these.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM