BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Name That Part?  (Read 754 times)

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
Re: Name That Part?
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2010, 12:51:19 PM »
Ha ha ha ha! I glued them to to the spring perch with liquid nails sub-floor construction adhesive! Hope that works.  {ehm}

Not for long. I got tired of picking mine up off the trail so, I drilled, tapped, and bolted them to the perches. Its worth the extra work.
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

mdo817

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2010, 08:23:20 PM »
I knew when I met you in Clayton that you looked familar, only I didn't realize you were a movie star. ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline rabunjeeper

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2010, 08:57:30 PM »
I knew when I met you in Clayton that you looked familar, only I didn't realize you were a movie star. ;D

I figured you would get a kick outta that. Let's not forget that you have family from the road that he is from.  {hihi}

Matt- I went out today and drilled a hole in the perches and put a bolt into those bump stops so they won't fall out.  {toast}

mdo817

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2010, 09:44:28 AM »

I figured you would get a kick outta that. Let's not forget that you have family from the road that he is from.  {hihi}

Matt- I went out today and drilled a hole in the perches and put a bolt into those bump stops so they won't fall out.  {toast}
Yep, 'fraid to totally research that tree, might not have many branches.LOL

Offline rabunjeeper

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2010, 10:07:14 AM »
Speakin of branches, yall might be BRANCH KIN. That means if he lives up stream from ya and he pee's in the creek then you drink out of it then yall are branch kin!  ;D {hihi}

Anyways, anyone got any clue as to what I used for bumpstops or do I just need to go ahead and let the cat out of the bag?

Offline drich394

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2010, 11:22:47 AM »
a gaint black dido from Richards stash ...... {hihi}

mdo817

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2010, 04:41:55 PM »
Speakin of branches, yall might be BRANCH KIN. That means if he lives up stream from ya and he pee's in the creek then you drink out of it then yall are branch kin!  ;D {hihi}

Anyways, anyone got any clue as to what I used for bumpstops or do I just need to go ahead and let the cat out of the bag?
Thank goodness Grandma's water came straight out of a spring off the side of Screamer Mountain, that was the best water in the world.

Go a head and give us some hints or tell us what the Hillbilly bump stop consist of. {popcorn}

Offline rabunjeeper

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2010, 10:45:41 PM »
Alright I will tell you. i'm sure this will catch on for all those who don't have access to hockey pucks. It's a rubber mallet made by Coleman and you can get in the camping section of Wal Mart for $1.88 a piece and you get 2, 1" & 1/4"  pucks out of each hammer. It took two hammers to do mine so I have $4.00 invested in them plus I had the glue already.

ranger11

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2010, 08:42:07 AM »
 {toast}

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2010, 10:43:41 AM »
Damn, good idea! I was at wally world on Saturday and walked around for a bit trying to figure out what you used.
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2010, 09:03:09 AM »

Good deal. I could only pick mine off trail so many times.
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline Do Work 93 YJ

• Visitor
  • Ready To Ride
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2010, 10:18:51 AM »
Rubber mallets or what we use too simple and cheap unless you need the really big ones.
Do Work Aka Moon Man. What you lack in technique make up in throttle! Or a set of cheater tires.

My Build Threads
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=3683.msg62464#msg62464

http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=6862.0

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM