CLASSIFIEDS > Wanted

D44a from 96-98 ZJs

<< < (2/3) > >>

kd4yor:

--- Quote from: Ben on September 30, 2007, 09:50:25 PM --- and except for the aluminum center section, 

--- End quote ---

I think you've answered your own question. There out there. Pull a Part in Norcross had a few ZJ's 2 weeks ago.

Ben H.:

--- Quote from: kd4yor on September 30, 2007, 09:53:38 PM ---
--- Quote from: Ben on September 30, 2007, 09:50:25 PM --- and except for the aluminum center section, 

--- End quote ---

I think you've answered your own question. There out there. Pull a Part in Norcross had a few ZJ's 2 weeks ago.

--- End quote ---

I plan on trussing it and adding a diff. skid to counter-act the weaker center section. And all of this should be cheaper then swapping in a Ford 8.8 while still allowing me to run 33"s or larger.

Chris Hyde:
Ben, since you run a fairly small tire and only have 2" of lift, why would you worry about upgrading your rear axle?  Do you have other plans as well?

Ben H.:
The locker I want to buy for the D44a is being discontinued. So I figure that I can go ahead buy the locker and the axle, install them both and not have to worry about anything else. Then later on, regear it, truss it, and skid it without having to worry about an axle swap.

And I forget to mention, it's an Aussie Locker.

Ben H.:
Bringing this back from the dead. Anyone know of where one of these axles might be? I'm checking junkyards and the such but if one of ya'll know about one, let me know.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version