BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Carova Beach, North Carolina??  (Read 199 times)

Offline prjohnson

• Visitor
Carova Beach, North Carolina??
« on: July 28, 2010, 09:17:15 AM »
Anyone ever gone? I was reading a little bit about it & was wondering other peoples take on it.
I'm considering going on vacation there, if not this year, next year.
From what I've read, you can only get there with four wheel drive, there's nothing there except beach & wild horses. If you've gone, post some pictures!
Perry

Offline jeepinjon

• Visitor
Re: Carova Beach, North Carolina??
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 11:16:40 AM »
My wife and I spent a week in Nag's Head last spring.  We rented a JK from Enterprise and ran from where the paved road ends just past Corolla (pronounced Cuhralla, the locals will be sure to inform you of that) all the way to the Virginia state line.  You are not permitted to go any further as it is fenced off.  It was a really cool drive but 4wheel drive is a must.  Even some of the contractors vans are 4wd conversions so they can reach the houses for work.  We saw a lot of horses and huge sea shells.  Some people told us of a bunch of other exotic animals (I can't remember what though) that can be seen if you head into the neighborhoods out there but the JK we rented had pretty worn street radials and I almost got stuck trying to get back there.  In fact, the reverse gear stopped working before I could return it.  Anyway, it was a really cool place but I hear it gets rather crowded after Memorial day right up until just after Labor day.  We went at the end of April.
1977 CJ5

cjlewis

Re: Carova Beach, North Carolina??
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 11:40:23 AM »
Head up there next month for a family reunion for a full week.  I plan to do a lot of exploring and picture taking.  This is my first time up there but I will let you know what we find.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM