BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Jeeptoberfest- Ocala, FL October 23-24, 2010  (Read 3955 times)

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
Re: Jeeptoberfest- Ocala, FL October 23-24, 2010
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2010, 11:53:47 AM »
Chuck, need an update!

What did you do about the "no luggage" issue?

Did you make all the rock runs?

Well, after we realized that Sherry forgot the luggage, we hit the clearance rack at the local Sears store..........

We did all the courses and the extreme lived up to it's name "Extreme". They actually had a crane there that was used to lift some of the stuck and broken jeeps off of the rocks and out of the way. There were lots of broken u-joint, bent drive shafts, busted gears, flat tire and you name it. So I waited until the end of the day to try it. I got hung up twice, was able to be pulled backed with a strap and take a different route and got through the course with only a rear dented shock and few more scratches to the belly.

Our jeep placed #9 in the top 20 jeeps and we scored a 1495 on the RTI ramp.

I can't complain ;D

I will try and get the pic's posted tonight.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Game Over

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2010, 05:20:14 PM »
Have a friend in florida i will let him know.

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2010, 06:02:27 PM »
Have a friend in florida i will let him know.

Let him know he missed it.   {hihi}
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
Chuck & Sherry

mdo817

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2010, 11:16:40 PM »
Here's the pic's:

http://s665.photobucket.com/albums/vv17/trailabite/Jeeptoberfest%202010/

Nice Chuck, but looks like they loaded backwards again. Looks like a blast.

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2010, 06:49:31 AM »
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 08:33:34 AM by Trailabite »
Chuck & Sherry

Offline CopperCrawler

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2010, 12:21:36 PM »
Cool Pics  {toast}
1999 TJ
2004 F-350 XLT, FX4, 4X4, 4"lift on 35s
2011 F-150 Supercrew Lariat, 4X4 (Wifes car)
And the Off Road transportation that NEVER gets stuck
1990 Tennessee Walking Horse - "JEZ"

Always remember our veterans!!  Even if you don't agree with the politics of what they are fighting for, they are someone who swore to give the ultimate sacrifice of their LIFE to defend the freedoms you and I enjoy everyday.

RotorHead

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2010, 01:41:52 PM »
Still backwards but Awesome. I wish we could get a big event like that up this way. I don't mind traveling and the Florida guys do a good job setting up a course, but they don't have much to work with.

Offline Kent

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2010, 10:09:35 PM »
Yeah, Chuck did real good on the extreme course!
I accepted his plaque for having a Jeep in the top twenty since he wasn't there. I figured he is bald and I am bald it would work.
I believe they had something like 587 registered Jeeps at the event. All in all it is a good event. But, nothing like wheeling all day at River Rock.
Oh I almost forgot to throw Chuck under the bus. When we went to leave the show Saturday, Chuck heard something wrong with his Jeep. We both looked up under the Jeep while Sherry moved it forward and backwards. But, we couldn't make it do it again. We were riding behind him just before the entrance to the hotel when his tire carrier decided to swing open and almost hit the car next to him. It was great! Right turn Clyde! Sorry Chuck! But before he throws me under that same bus. My Tahoe said that I had 37 miles before I need gas. But, 10 miles later I ran out of gas. In my defense, I planned it that way so we could stop to check out the tire on the boy's Jeep. He was about to have a blow out. Thank goodness I decided to run out of gas!

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2010, 08:43:48 AM »
I accepted his plaque for having a Jeep in the top twenty since he wasn't there. I figured he is bald and I am bald it would work.
I believe they had something like 587 registered Jeeps at the event. All in all it is a good event. But, nothing like wheeling all day at River Rock.
Oh I almost forgot to throw Chuck under the bus. When we went to leave the show Saturday, Chuck heard something wrong with his Jeep. We both looked up under the Jeep while Sherry moved it forward and backwards. But, we couldn't make it do it again. We were riding behind him just before the entrance to the hotel when his tire carrier decided to swing open and almost hit the car next to him. It was great! Right turn Clyde! Sorry Chuck! But before he throws me under that same bus. My Tahoe said that I had 37 miles before I need gas. But, 10 miles later I ran out of gas. In my defense, I planned it that way so we could stop to check out the tire on the boy's Jeep. He was about to have a blow out. Thank goodness I decided to run out of gas!

Thanks Kent, but I still owe you one {bruce}
Chuck & Sherry

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2010, 09:06:37 AM »

My Tahoe did that crap, and it's the fuel pump/level assembly.  I ran out 3 times before I replaced it and now I have 80 miles when the light comes on.

The Excursion, well, about 10 seconds... >:(

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM