BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Dixie Run 2010 Oct. 1-3 Golden Mtn.  (Read 4690 times)

BigJerm

Re: Dixie Run 2010 Oct. 1-3 Golden Mtn.
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2010, 05:18:36 PM »
Looks awesome. Everytime xtreme4x4 does a show up there it makes me want to go check it out.

Offline Lil Ugly

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2010, 08:11:47 AM »
Is this event held the same weekend every year? 

Offline drich394

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2010, 09:13:45 AM »
{toast}, wow, id love to make this next year!!!

Do, if you get the chance.   We had a blast.  It was so laid back.  Golden Mtn is an awesome place to ride.  The trails are all very close together.  No wasted time driving from trail to trail.  Just do it. 
yeah, with that sort of drive, i want close trails,, the pics are great, ill be planning on this one  {toast}

Offline Billy

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2010, 08:57:55 PM »
I say eff SFWDA and their dixie run...

Quote from: McCracken;11956216
All right assholes here's the news but first a small tidbit.

This morning I got canned from SFWDA as the newsletter guy. It probably won't be long before I get kicked from the super secret SFWDA Board of Directors section on the Southern board so I'll share what I know.

[COLOR="Red"]We met with a mediator and the USFS (Marisue Hilliard and lawyer) at Charlotte, NC. The FS's initial offer was the same BS we heard before, drop the lawsuit and we will help you work with the state of NC and try to find a new area. We suggested rebuilding the trails at Tellico to meet current standards of engineering etc., Marisue's response was they will not even consider reopening Tellico. We proposed adding full size trails to the Roy A. Taylor ATV area (the area is about 40,000 acres), they replied that they are in the process of closing that area.
We left the meeting with the proposal that we would submit a list of potential sites for a new or improved OHV areas, when they reject these we will continue on with the lawsuit.
The FS did exactly what I expected at the meeting and yes it probably was a waste of time, but we have now checked off one more step in the legal process.[/COLOR]

that's all I got about the meeting on the 24th. I'm sick and tired of not being able to tell you guys more. I honestly think Southern has dropped the ball from day one. There's a hundered things they could tell you but they don't. Why? I have no clue. I guess they figure if they keep you guys in the dark long enough you'll just go along with whatever they say since you don't know any better. I never voiced such opinion because I wasn't going to be that guy who never had anything positive to say and took away from the fight. I've done everything I know to try and help but in the end I pissed the wrong folks off and now I'm on the outs. I'll continue to help on land use issues because they are important to us as a community. However, the fight for Tellico is over.

00 TJ
97 TJ
03 350Z

ranger11

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2010, 09:07:02 PM »
I say eff SFWDA and their dixie run...

Quote from: McCracken;11956216
All right assholes here's the news but first a small tidbit.

This morning I got canned from SFWDA as the newsletter guy. It probably won't be long before I get kicked from the super secret SFWDA Board of Directors section on the Southern board so I'll share what I know.

[COLOR="Red"]We met with a mediator and the USFS (Marisue Hilliard and lawyer) at Charlotte, NC. The FS's initial offer was the same BS we heard before, drop the lawsuit and we will help you work with the state of NC and try to find a new area. We suggested rebuilding the trails at Tellico to meet current standards of engineering etc., Marisue's response was they will not even consider reopening Tellico. We proposed adding full size trails to the Roy A. Taylor ATV area (the area is about 40,000 acres), they replied that they are in the process of closing that area.
We left the meeting with the proposal that we would submit a list of potential sites for a new or improved OHV areas, when they reject these we will continue on with the lawsuit.
The FS did exactly what I expected at the meeting and yes it probably was a waste of time, but we have now checked off one more step in the legal process.[/COLOR]

that's all I got about the meeting on the 24th. I'm sick and tired of not being able to tell you guys more. I honestly think Southern has dropped the ball from day one. There's a hundered things they could tell you but they don't. Why? I have no clue. I guess they figure if they keep you guys in the dark long enough you'll just go along with whatever they say since you don't know any better. I never voiced such opinion because I wasn't going to be that guy who never had anything positive to say and took away from the fight. I've done everything I know to try and help but in the end I pissed the wrong folks off and now I'm on the outs. I'll continue to help on land use issues because they are important to us as a community. However, the fight for Tellico is over.

SO who is this this guy Billy and where so you get this info?

Offline Billy

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2010, 09:10:00 PM »
00 TJ
97 TJ
03 350Z

ranger11

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2010, 09:23:47 PM »

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=912340

Beginning of page 2

Thanks. Just making sure it was good info.  {toast}

Offline Billy

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2010, 09:40:21 PM »
Yeah I just read that on pirate and it got my blood pressure a little high and I posted it here. I'm just sick and tired of them asking for money without telling anything to us.
00 TJ
97 TJ
03 350Z

ranger11

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2010, 10:09:18 PM »
I have read a lot on this tonight. Im not nor have ever been a member so I will keep my opinion to myself

Offline BDDISI

• Visitor
  • Tom's 4x4 Superstore
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2010, 10:37:31 PM »
Yeah I just read that on pirate and it got my blood pressure a little high and I posted it here. I'm just sick and tired of them asking for money without telling anything to us.
For what it is worth.
There was a guy there from Blue Ribbon Coalition.  And he said exactly that.  That they had been doing a lot and not doing a good job at getting the word out on what exactly they were doing.  He also stated that that was going to change starting now.  He camped right beside me and I gave him an ear full, not knowing who he was or who he was with.  I also had the opportunity to talk with him and the president of SFWD at the same time.  The president of SFWD knew who the guy was and was raising literal hell over the entire Tellico situation.  The jest of the situation, that I took from the conversation, was that the hundred or so thousand that the 4wd powers that be, have spent on the legal process is just a drop in the bucket, compared to what the opposition has in their pocket for this fight.
Tellico maybe a lost case, don't know yet.  But the message we are trying to send there may help to keep other public land open.  I know a large group can do more than an individual.  Keep public land public, that should be simple, for some reason its not............... 
My, Not A Build Thread.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=828965
TOM'S 4X4 SUPERSTORE
423-702-5777

Offline Billy

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2010, 10:58:08 PM »
I totally understand that TU/ SELC and whoever else has way deeper pockets than we do (SFWDA/ BRC) but its really unfortunate that it takes kicking a BOD/ joiurnalist guy out of the loop to find anything out.  They want/ expect us to keep donating money blindly.  I have written the letters and donated money ($400 to be exact) over the past two years, just like many others have, but the outcome is aways the same (Rich mountain/ Amicalola falls).  Just keep us informed. That is all I ask.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 10:59:42 PM by Billy »
00 TJ
97 TJ
03 350Z

BigJerm

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2010, 08:27:02 AM »
I never became a member even though we talked about it on here. It didn't help when Chris asked a SFWD member where our money would actually go and they could not give us a real answer. I never have donated money but I have called, wrote letters and signed petitions everytime it was asked of me. I dont doubt that they have done a lot for the sport but what have they done lately? Tellico seemed like a huge let down and from what I have researched the Anderson Creek trails were closed down with less effort.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM