OPEN RIDES & EVENTS > Past Rides : Pictures, Discussion, & Carnage

GATR Fest Carnage Report

(1/15) > >>

mdo817:
I will start it, I haven't checked everything yet.

Fuel pump died Friday after lunch, thanks to the southside crew that came through to help get me pieced back together and ready to run Sat.

Broke inner and outer short side axle shafts.
Thinking the same hub might be trashed.

Will post pictures later.

lt99ls1:

--- Quote from: Mark on September 20, 2010, 10:49:37 AM ---I will start it, I haven't checked everything yet.
Fuel pump died Friday after lunch, thanks to the southside crew that came through to help get me pieced back together and ready to run Sat.

--- End quote ---
What was you doing/climbing when the short sides broke? Are they aftermarket axles?

DOUG:

--- Quote from: Mark on September 20, 2010, 10:49:37 AM ---I will start it, I haven't checked everything yet.

--- End quote ---

Y'all got quite a Southside pit crew for you and Mike (GusaGus).

So far  ;D  all I know of is my right slider:

mdo817:

--- Quote from: lt99ls1 on September 20, 2010, 11:08:09 AM ---

--- End quote ---
What was you doing/climbing when the short sides broke? Are they aftermarket axles?

--- End quote ---
Yea, they are 10 factory, I think I actually may have started spitting caps on the last run Sat. evening, I wasn't doing anything when the actual carnage happened. I was dropping into the rat hole, and the very first thing you have to do is cross a log, the XJ saw the wood and spit the u-joint out. ;D

Lou:
I don't know what the trail was but it had 3 lines, middle being the hardest. I took the middle from the bottom to the top where the big tractor tires were stacked side by side. No winching either. I know what my next mod will be. Can you guess?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version