BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: GATR Fest Carnage Report  (Read 15279 times)

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re: GATR Fest Carnage Report
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2010, 03:45:06 PM »
hopefully I will have my new tires on by then
{popcorn}

Offline Calvin

• Visitor
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2010, 03:57:23 PM »
I made it out with only a dented B Pillar and shattered drivers side rear window. Pics to follow later...
98 XJ

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2010, 04:04:17 PM »
I made it out with only a dented B Pillar and shattered drivers side rear window. Pics to follow later...

Dang.  I'm reading about a lot of carnage I didn't know about.

Did Ryan have any in bglow's jeep?  :D

Offline Do Work 93 YJ

• Visitor
  • Ready To Ride
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2010, 04:09:56 PM »

Dang.  I'm reading about a lot of carnage I didn't know about.

Did Ryan have any in bglow's jeep?  :D
[/color]
I would be willing to bet on it. {hihi}
Do Work Aka Moon Man. What you lack in technique make up in throttle! Or a set of cheater tires.

My Build Threads
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=3683.msg62464#msg62464

http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=6862.0

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2010, 04:12:18 PM »
Livingstons winch controller bit the dust while loading the jeep onto the trailer at 2am. >:(
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Rockjock

• Visitor
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2010, 04:15:59 PM »
Hey Michael did you end up making it up Carnage?

I really enjoyed riding with you guys Friday and I'm looking forward to doing it again soon.  {hooters} to GTR for putting on a great ride. I was really impressed with the attendance on Friday.

Josh
Yeah went back over there before we left Sat. and got up it. Wasn't pretty but she made it. {letseat}
Thanks for the help on Brads Jeep and it was awesome getting to wheel with you. We will have to do it again soon and hopefully I will have my new tires on by then so I want look so bad trying to follow you. {toast}

Right On!   {toast}

Yeah I'm looking now and planning out the next rides. I'm definitely going to Mountain side w/ GTR Nov. 13; RBD @ MMORV Nov. 26-28 and Santa Crawls @ Choco Dec. 3-5. I had planned on going to Dixie Run Oct. 1-3 but I've got unbreakable plans for the 2nd so that's out now. Let me know if you guys have anything planned for October. I might be up for another day trip Oct 1 @ RR for WFTW (might be some nut swangin cuz Tim Camerons plannin on goin)....

2000 TJ, LS, D44/9 inch
2015 JKU
Jimmy’s 4x4 Bloodline Podium buggy

RotorHead

« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2010, 04:17:17 PM »
Livingstons winch controller bit the dust while loading the jeep onto the trailer at 2am. >:(

Oh yah, I forgot about that. I set it on the tire to put the doors on and forgot. I ran over the cable and broke it. The controller is OK, but I need to re-splice the wire.

Offline US.TROOPER

• Visitor
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2010, 04:55:58 PM »
Ok here is what i got so far after a lil looking around. Well first was the bent tie rod Adam was was nice enough to get a picture of me bending it the guys had that replaced quik and we were heading back to fix the rest soon after  ;D.... finding that lead to finding the dog ears on the stub shaft and u joint wasted. Thanks for the parts and Alex for the knowledge and assistance..... The boot on my front drive shaft was tore up... came off all the way home and scared the hell out of me with all the racket it made as it spun around the driveshaft, before it finally came off all the way! I put a really nice dent in the passenger side tube of my rock sliders, they saved my tub, rock rash on top of the drivers side tube...not sure how i did that maybe the last night?? :-[ Loads of rock rash on the nth degree trans skid. Oh yea steering stabilizer is bent all up new one on order. I put a nasty dent in my oil pan almost took out the bolt too. Time for another skid plate i figure. Thanks again for everyone helping and giving up parts to get me home yall are a great bunch of folks and im glad to meet all of you.

Had a great time!!

Oh i have a set of surrounds if they will work on your 4 door mine were off a 2000 TJ.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2010, 05:44:41 PM »
I broke my rear pinion yoke & u-joint and a rock slider. Not bad at all ;)
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Offline GusaGus

• Visitor
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2010, 07:26:56 PM »
don't have any cool pictures to post, but i didn't really break that much  ::) :o.  not even sure were to begin on a list for my jeep.  had some fun in the rat hole and smoked the clutch, bent a rim, and spit some caps on a u-joint and egged the shaft.  then the awesome pit crew came in and lent a hand to replace the clutch on saturday and got me up and rolling again.  went out friday night, was doing great untill i lost a front air line for the ARB, it would have been ok but the part that took out the air line was both upper control arms.  limped back to the trailer and called it a night, woke up the next day finished up with loading everything up drove home dumped everything off then back in the truck and drove down here to tyndall where i'll be for the next 6 weeks.  might get to add more to the list when i get home and clean off all the mud.  had a blast, only thing i will change next time is stay out of the rat trap on friday night (have to save that for saturday night).

again another big thanks for everyone that helped out with changeing a clutch.  don't think i would have been able to get it rolling again that evening with out everyones help, and a thanks to ryan for picking it up for me.
98 TJ
3.5" lift
locked and locked
36" iroks on bead locks
custom cage and more

Offline 2000UZJ

• Visitor
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2010, 08:43:08 PM »
I had a little carnage

2000 Landcruiser - more shit than I can afford.

ranger11

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2010, 09:08:52 PM »
I will start by saying there was alot of repairs done this weekend. Really impressed at what what got done. I will post pics after I clean everything up.

1. Tie rod is really move up out of harms way now.
2. The gas tank is the same as the tie rod.
3. Alternator went out (repaired) 
4. Rear drive shaft spit caps on butt crack (trail repair around mid night) Thanks Billy for the tug out of the crack.
5. MAJOR rocker/door damage on butt crack
6. Lower ball joint
7. Rear bumper damage
8. Exhaust hanger (repaired)

I done most of the damage on carnage on carnage hill sat night. They said I spent an hour on it didnt seem like it, was a lot of fun at 2am  Made it to the top ledge and couldnt get the rear to pull me up. So I had to back off. {boohoo}

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM