BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Jeep Wrangler JK Trailer Hitch  (Read 1230 times)

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
Jeep Wrangler JK Trailer Hitch
« on: October 31, 2010, 10:15:54 AM »
I am Looking for a factory trailer hitch and all mounting hardware for a Jeep Wrangler JK
Bobby

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re: Jeep Wrangler JK Trailer Hitch
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 10:43:51 AM »
I am Looking for a factory trailer hitch and all mounting hardware for a Jeep Wrangler JK

I sold mine for $50 a long time ago.

Any chance you'll be upgrading to a rear bumper/tire carrier and can get one with a hitch built into it? 

If you want one, Rugged Ridge has them, and you can get them for less than $60.  Tell them you want to pick it up at Omix- Ada in Suwanee and save the freight.  My office is a few blocks away.

http://www.xtremeterrain.com/blackrearreceiverhitchfor2007-10jeepwranglerjkandunlimited4door.aspx

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 11:14:25 AM »

I sold mine for $50 a long time ago.

Any chance you'll be upgrading to a rear bumper/tire carrier and can get one with a hitch built into it? 

If you want one, Rugged Ridge has them, and you can get them for less than $60.  Tell them you want to pick it up at Omix- Ada in Suwanee and save the freight.  My office is a few blocks away.

Yes we get a rear bumber/tire carrier but it will be aways out. I wanted a hitch to get a more centered tow point for a d-ring

http://www.xtremeterrain.com/blackrearreceiverhitchfor2007-10jeepwranglerjkandunlimited4door.aspx

Bobby

BigJerm

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 11:52:08 AM »
I had the omix one I got free to test and it was not perfect. Fit great using the tow hook bolts but the opening was larger so everything was loose inside of it. When I towed a trailer you could hear it slide on steep inclines and my hitch mount bike rack had to be ratchet strapped to the spare for support. Things may have change but I give my warning. Check craigslist and JKowners

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM