BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: 10 and 14 bolt  (Read 276 times)

Offline wideload

• Visitor
  • Proud Dad!
10 and 14 bolt
« on: October 16, 2010, 10:08:50 PM »
Got a 10 and 14 bolt with welded rear today...was going to put them in my CUCV 84 VBlazer but after thinking about having to rid myself of the new 35s I just bought and having to go and buy bigger tires and different rims I don't know if it will be worth all the trouble......hmmm, decisionsdecisions! {boohoo}
The road to prosperity should not be be paved with
 those who are in your way but by the helping of those along the way.

ranger11

Re: 10 and 14 bolt
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 10:56:17 PM »
What all would you be gaining? Just a welded carriers?

Offline wideload

• Visitor
  • Proud Dad!
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 07:25:45 AM »
The current ride has the basic 44s, or equal as the CUCV came with but as far as in the strength and I know the 10/14 swap would grant a great deal more strength. obviously.
That being said I have to decide as to what direction would be most suitable using some wisdom not a heart felt passion of bigger, better and so on.
I guess I need to either sell the YJ of which I love and or sell my 84 CUCV I just lifted and put new 35s on.
I guess I was thinking with the mind of a youger guy to have gotten these big axles and doing lower two, school bus, peckerwood and all the rest but now I'm thinking, sell the axles and act 62 and just be happy I can function with lesser methods of off road anventures!   

ranger11

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 09:21:25 AM »
Well what ever makes you happy {toast}

I  think the 10 bolt and 44 are about the same. Now the rear 14b is strong but you will loose tons of ground clearance on 35s

Offline wideload

• Visitor
  • Proud Dad!
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 09:45:09 AM »
Yeah, I was looking at that too yesterday. Thats just one more reason for me to sell them or trade them of which I'm doing.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM