BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Gun Control Info Thread  (Read 34758 times)

Offline gint2

• Visitor
  • RAINMAN - 18436572
Re: Re: Re:
« Reply #108 on: April 26, 2014, 09:34:46 PM »
I see open carry all the time. It's just people trying show off. I have never under stood open carry out in public when your running errands. I totally would open carry say out in the woods but in my opinion I don't want people knowing i am carrying

some open carry because they do not have a WCL but still want to exercise their 2nd right.
You still have to have a WCL to open carry. I do open carry. Thugs go for the easy mark. If they see a gun on your side they go somewhere else.

Sorry... I stand corrected, you DO need a WCL to open carry. My bad!
JK-AJ

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Re: Gun Control Info Thread
« Reply #109 on: April 30, 2014, 06:38:57 PM »
I just heard about the "use of force" 'insurance'.  Interesting, if you think you might have to use force some day.  http://ccwsafe.com/?rep=84&gclid=CInS3qafib4CFU4R7AodjnoAMA
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re: Gun Control Info Thread
« Reply #110 on: September 02, 2014, 09:44:52 AM »
  As the Supreme Court hears arguments for and against the Chicago,  IL,  Gun Ban, I offer you another stellar example of a letter (written by a marine), that places the proper perspective on what a gun means to a  civilized society.
    Interesting take and one you don't hear much... Read this eloquent and profound letter and pay close attention to the last paragraph of the letter.....
"The Gun Is Civilization"
By Maj. L. Caudill USMC (Ret)
    Human beings only have two  ways to deal with one another: reason and force. If you want me to do something for you, you have a choice of either convincing me via argument, or force me to do your bidding under threat of force.
     Every human interaction falls into one of those two categories, without exception. Reason or force, that's it.
    In a truly moral and civilized society, people exclusively interact through persuasion.  Force has no place as a valid method of social interaction and the only thing that removes force from the menu is the personal firearm, as paradoxical as it may sound to some.
    When I carry a gun, you cannot deal with me by force.  You have to use reason and try to persuade me, because I have a way to negate your threat or employment of force.
    The gun is the only personal weapon that puts a 100-pound woman on equal footing with a 220-pound mugger, a 75-year old retiree on equal footing with a 19-year old gang banger and a single guy on equal footing with a carload of drunk guys with baseball bats. The gun removes the disparity in physical strength, size, or numbers between a potential attacker and a defender.
    There are plenty of  people who consider the gun as the source of bad force equations.  These are the people who think that we'd be more civilized if all guns were removed from society, because a firearm makes it easier for a [armed] mugger to do his job.
    That, of course, is only true if the mugger's potential victims are mostly disarmed either by choice or by legislative fiat - it has no validity when most of a mugger's potential marks are armed.
    People who argue for the banning of arms ask for automatic rule by the young, the strong, and the many, and that's the exact opposite of a civilized society. A mugger, even an armed one, can only make a successful living in a society where the state has granted him a force monopoly.
    Then there's the argument that the gun makes confrontations lethal that otherwise would only result in injury.  This argument is fallacious in several ways.
    Without guns involved, confrontations are won by the physically superior party inflicting overwhelming injury on the loser.
    People who think that fists, bats, sticks, or stones  don't constitute lethal force watch too much TV, where people take beatings and come out of it with a bloody lip at worst.
    The fact that the gun makes lethal force easier works solely in favor of the weaker defender, not the stronger attacker. If both are armed, the field is level.
    The gun is the only weapon that's as lethal in the hands of an octogenarian as it is in the hands of a weight lifter.  It simply wouldn't work as well as a force equalizer if it wasn't both lethal and easily employable.
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone.   The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded.
    I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid.   It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation... And that's why carrying a gun is a civilized act.
    So the greatest civilization is one where all citizens are equally armed and can only be persuaded, never forced.
    God Bless America
 Maj. L. Caudill USMC  (Ret.)

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #111 on: September 05, 2014, 07:02:36 AM »
Awesome.

Off Grid Post

I've grown tired of this.

Online lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #112 on: September 05, 2014, 08:26:25 AM »
I like that so much that I am going to repost it.
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #113 on: March 08, 2015, 11:45:04 AM »
So the Sandy Hook commission is in and all they recommend more gun control.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/03/robert-farago/sandy-hook-advisory-commission-releases-its-final-report/

Sandy Hook Advisory Commission Releases Its Final Report: 18 Gun Control Recommenations
By Robert Farago on March 6, 2015
Sandy Hook Elementary

Whenever a government agency releases information on a Friday afternoon you can bet that they’re trying to downplay bad or unpopular news. In the case of the Sandy Hook Advisory Commission’s 277-page final report, the document is roughly the same as the draft released last month – aside from 18 gun control recommendations (listed below). In the main, the report remains anti-gun in extremis. Before any discussion of Adam Lanza’s obvious untreated mental illness, it launches into a rant against gun ownership in general and “assault weapons” in specific. Like this [paragraph breaks added] . . .

United States civilians own or possess in excess of 300 million guns: as of 2009, they owned or possessed approximately 114 million handguns, million rifles and 86 million shotguns. The incidence of gun ownership/possession in the United States nearly one gun on average for every resident—is the highest in the world. Most guns are lawfully owned by law abiding persons who use them for recreational activities, such as hunting and target practice, and/or for self-defense. However, many guns are owned or possessed illegally or, even if legal, are used for unlawful purposes.

Beyond the sheer number of guns in the United States, the lethality of readily available firearms and ammunition continues to increase. The connection between the extent of the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School and the lethality [their emphasis] of weapons used in the attack on the school is self-evident and beyond dispute.

The Commission is deeply concerned about the proliferation, throughout the civilian population, of weapons that were specifically designed for military use during wartime. ―Assault weapons‖ like the AR-15, as well as large capacity magazines often used with those weapons, have no legitimate place in the civilian population. The Commission finds that the cost to society of easy civilian access to assault weapons and large capacity magazines vastly outweighs the benefits of civilian ownership.

By contrast, the Commission finds that the significant benefit to society from eliminating civilian ownership and possession of assault weapons and large capacity magazines can be realized with only a minimal burden on persons who want to hunt, engage in target practice or use weapons for self-defense. They remain free to engage in those activities with a vast array of long guns and handguns.

In short, the Commission‘s first goal is simply to limit the possession and use of weapons designed for wartime use to members of our military services and law enforcement personnel.

And there I was thinking that the goal of the Sandy Hook Advisory Commission was to recommend effective ways to avoid or combat future school shootings. ‘Cause this ain’t it. It’s like trying to ban cars to eliminate drunk driving.

It gets worse. Instead of directly addressing the educational, social services and mental health systems’ repeated, abject and decade-long failure to address Adam Lanza’s obvious psychosis, the report makes general statements on how to improve these systems.

Rather than mine A.L.‘s life and interactions with particular mental health systems for insights into how those systems can better serve the state‘s children, however, the Commission had a different charge. It was tasked to study the systems themselves . . .

While discerning no clear answers to the question of what role A.L.‘s behavioral health challenges played in the violence he ultimately inflicted, the Commission nonetheless turns its attention to what we have learned about the role of mental disorder in violent events.

That’s like saying instead of examining the commanders’ and soldiers’ actions during a disastrous battle we should examine our military as a whole. Epic. Fail. No really. The Commission didn’t even try to address the central issues of active shooter prevention and, most importantly, appropriate reaction.

The Commission contends that, while it is not yet possible to prevent such events from taking place or to insulate people from the suffering that ensues, there is much that governments, schools and other institutions can do to facilitate an effective and humane response.

“Safe School Design” is all well and good, but institutionalizing Lanza or firing a bullet into his brain as he approached the school would have been extremely effective at preventing the Sandy Hook mass shooting. Sigh. I didn’t expect much from this politically correct exercise in post-facto security theater, but I sure hoped for more. Here are their inevitable, regrettable gun control proposals, none of which would have prevented Lanza’s onslaught.

RECOMMENDATION NO. 1. Mandatory background checks on the sale or transfer of any firearm, including long guns, at private and gun show sales. Status: Recommendation accepted and adopted by P.A. 13-3, § 1.

RECOMMENDATION NO. 2. Require registration, including a certificate of registration, for every firearm. This certificate of registration should be issued subsequent to the completion of a background check and is separate and distinct from a permit to carry.

RECOMMENDATION NO. 3. Require firearms permits to be renewed on a regular basis. This renewal process should include a test of firearms handling capacity as well as an understanding of applicable laws and regulations. Status: Not adopted.

RECOMMENDATION NO. 4. Institute a ban on the sale, possession, or use of any magazine or ammunition feeding device in excess of 10 rounds except for military and police use. In proposing this recommendation, the Commission recognized that certain sporting events at times involve the use of higher capacity magazines. However, the consensus of the Commission was that the spirit of sportsmanship can be maintained with lower capacity magazines.

RECOMMENDATION NO. 5. Institute a ban on the possession or sale of all armor-piercing and incendiary bullets, regardless of caliber. First-time offenses should be classified as a Class D Felony.

RECOMMENDATION NO. 6. Allow ammunition purchases only for registered firearms.

RECOMMENDATION NO. 7. Evaluate best practices for determining the regulation or prohibition of the sale and purchase of ammunition via the Internet.

RECOMMENDATION NO. 8. Evaluate the effectiveness of federal law in limiting the purchase of firearms via the Internet to only those individuals who have passed the appropriate background screening.

RECOMMENDATION NO. 9. Limit the amount of ammunition that can be purchased at any given time.

RECOMMENDATION NO. 10. Prohibit the possession, sale or transfer of any firearm capable of firing more than 10 rounds without reloading. This prohibition would extend to military-style firearms as well as handguns. Law enforcement and military would be exempt from this ban.

RECOMMENDATION NO. 11. Require that trigger locks must be provided at the time of sale or transfer of any firearm

RECOMMENDATION NO. 12. Require that the state develop and update a ―best practices‖ manual and require that all firearms in a home be stored in a locked container and adhere to these best practices; with current minimum standards featuring a tamper-resistant mechanical lock or other safety (including biometric) device when they are not under the owner’s direct control or supervision. The owner should also be directly responsible for securing any key used to gain access to the locked container.

RECOMMENDATION NO. 13. Require non-residents seeking to purchase a firearm or ammunition in the State of Connecticut to obtain a Certificate of Eligibility and conform to all other regulations applicable to Connecticut residents.

RECOMMENDATION NO. 14. Require gun clubs to report any negligent or reckless behavior with a firearm, or illegal possession of any firearm or magazine, to the Connecticut Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection, Commissioner of Public Safety, and local law enforcement.

RECOMMENDATION NO. 15. Requiring promoters of gun shows to receive a permit from the Chief of Police or Chief Elected Official as well as provide notice to the Commissioner of the Connecticut Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection.

RECOMMENDATION NO. 16. Require that any shell casing for ammunition sold or possessed in Connecticut have a serial number laser etched on it for tracing purposes.

RECOMMENDATION NO. 17. Any person seeking a license to sell, purchase or carry any type of firearm in the state should be required to pass a suitability screening process.

RECOMMENDATION NO. 18. To allow, at a judge’s discretion, the opportunity to temporarily remove any firearms, ammunition, and carry permits from a person who is the subject of an ex parte restraining order, civil protection order or family violence protective order, at the time of the issuance of that order. The Commission believes that the time period between the ex parte request and the issuance of a full restraining order, civil protection order or family violence protective order, constitutes a period of critical danger, one that must be recognized under law and addressed via judicial discretion.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #114 on: March 08, 2015, 12:01:18 PM »
Do you think the commission was formed specifically to get rid of guns?
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #115 on: March 08, 2015, 12:42:04 PM »
10 round mags except for military and law enforcement - you can just carry more mags  but the cops will reload less
Limit the amount of ammo - just go to multiple stores, send your friends etc
Locks and storage - you cannot enforce what goes on inside a person's home
Serial numbers on the cases can be filed off just like on a gun.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist but it makes sense.  Looks like a botched drill.
Top Ten Reasons: Sandy Hook Was an Elaborate Hoax: http://youtu.be/pCGCw_xhbGE

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #116 on: May 04, 2015, 12:19:42 PM »
i thought Gun Control meant hitting your target?
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #117 on: June 20, 2015, 10:24:05 PM »
Gun control is at the top of the news again right behind the sc state confederate flag.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #118 on: December 03, 2015, 08:10:04 AM »
Different Gun Control

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #119 on: December 04, 2015, 07:31:05 PM »

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK