BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Gun Control Info Thread  (Read 34789 times)

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re: Gun Control Info Thread
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2014, 10:45:38 AM »
I've never seen therefore understood the logic behind that position.  Conceal carry folks aren't the folks to be concerned about. 

There is nothing to stop a convicted felon, from bringing a gun into a bar or a church, and when he pulls it I want there to be more than one conceal carry permit holder armed to take care of the problem.

The illegal action is the problem, and the legal action by responsible conceal carry holders is part of the solution. 

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Re: Re: Gun Control Info Thread
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2014, 11:03:34 AM »
I've never seen therefore understood the logic behind that position.  Conceal carry folks aren't the folks to be concerned about. 

There is nothing to stop a convicted felon, from bringing a gun into a bar or a church, and when he pulls it I want there to be more than one conceal carry permit holder armed to take care of the problem.

The illegal action is the problem, and the legal action by responsible conceal carry holders is part of the solution. 

I agree. The last place you expect something to happen, it will.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline bear991

• Visitor
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2014, 11:05:49 AM »
I agree with Doug on this...the more people carry...LEGALLY...the less likely someone is to pull a weapon and use it if he thinks the other guy is carrying also. A bully is only a bully as long as he's allowed to be.
A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do- The Duke

Bear

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Re: Gun Control Info Thread
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2014, 11:29:19 AM »
I'll take a shot at the logic (pun intended), for keeping guns out of bars, regardless of a license.  The belief, as silly as it is, is that alcohol, which is served at bars, among other places, can hinder a normal person's self control (I have never seen this before (*rolling eyes* while thinking back to Pat O'Briens' in New Orleans twenty years ago)); therefore, if a non-criminal is carrying a gun, it is possible for the person to lose self control, after alcohol consumption at the bar, and shoot something or someone. 

Applied to Doug's logic, there is an opportunity for a greater number of people to lose self control and shoot something or someone.

I'm sure some people believe there is an opportunity for a greater number of people to have self control and apply their control to the criminal who is not exhibiting self control.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2014, 01:41:16 PM »
You were slower than I thought lol.

No logic in that as it is based on a false principal that a conceal carry guy would ever have enough to drink to improperly react while carrying. Folks that carry are the most responsible folks in society.

The liberal mind does not trust the individual to make the right decisions and believes they or a society can make better decisions for others, and therefore freedom is lost a little at a time. 

Example for off roading.  The forest service felt that the usera could not maintain Tellico and cut us all out and never gave us a chance.

A conservative mind believes he is responsible for himself and his.  A liberal mind believes he is reasonable for everyone but himself.

Off to Tokyo! I'll check in here in 15 hours.

Sent off camber

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2014, 01:51:47 PM »
You incorrectly assumed that I agree with the logic laid out.

I don't believe you should have to have a permit at all to carry a weapon, concealed or not.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Charliticus

• Visitor
« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2014, 04:01:26 PM »
In Virginia we were allowed to open carry without a permit, so long as you aren't legally permitted from doing so (felon etc). You had to have a permit to conceal carry, which you could basically do online. We could carry in bars, church's, etc.

Here I understand you need a permit to carry open or concealed. Still waiting to get my drivers license to start that process. Too bad Va and Ga can't see eye to eye.
R-U-Bacon?

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2014, 09:39:04 PM »

Good point. I just saw it from a different angle. We shouldn't have to discuss this issue but in a perfect world there wouldn't be criminals.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #80 on: March 24, 2014, 04:56:48 AM »
You incorrectly assumed that I agree with the logic laid out.

I don't believe you should have to have a permit at all to carry a weapon, concealed or not.

I don't think I stated that, and addressed the comment.

I like knowing conceal carry requires a permit.  I believe you can still open carry in ga right on your hip in the open but most don't know or and are freaked out about it.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 05:10:46 AM by Doug »

Offline Lhub36

• Visitor
  • Nope wasn't me
« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2014, 09:50:58 AM »
Georgia makes no distinction between open carry and conceal carry. Thats why its called a Weapon Carry License, not conceal carry permit.
Ga is an open carry state.
Lenn

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Online Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #82 on: April 19, 2014, 09:31:55 PM »
I was finally able to get some cheap 9mm at Wal-Mart. Luck or shelves starting to get stocked back up?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
Jay

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #83 on: April 19, 2014, 09:52:33 PM »
I think it's luck. I've been looking for that exact ammo for months.

I was in the Cleveland Wal-Mart today & they had no 9mm at all. 

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM