BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Axle!!!  (Read 3276 times)

Offline YotaBeast

• Visitor
Re: Axle!!!
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2010, 10:10:29 AM »
Yup, we need one of those gadgets

mdo817

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2010, 10:19:39 AM »
Yup, we need one of those gadgets
This is where I got mine, pretty quick shipping also.

http://www.alljeep.com/oscommerce/product_info.php?products_id=167208

Offline YotaBeast

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2010, 11:21:14 AM »
Sweet mark thanks, any other ideas about mounting plates for the springs and shocks besides just buying new ones that are beefy they are like $200

Offline Do Work 93 YJ

• Visitor
  • Ready To Ride
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2010, 11:43:32 AM »
Just go to tractor supply and pick up some spring perches.
Do Work Aka Moon Man. What you lack in technique make up in throttle! Or a set of cheater tires.

My Build Threads
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=3683.msg62464#msg62464

http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=6862.0

Offline YotaBeast

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2010, 06:25:19 PM »
Never mind me and logan measured the spring perches and everything and it looks like its gonna be a direct bolt in, well have to make some new shock towers though

mdo817

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2010, 07:06:50 PM »
Never mind me and logan measured the spring perches and everything and it looks like its gonna be a direct bolt in, well have to make some new shock towers though
If it's directly out of an Exploder, it won't be a direct bolt in to a YJ, I thought the same thing once.

Offline Logan

• Visitor
  • Hit it like you mean it
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2010, 09:00:00 PM »
If it's directly out of an Exploder, it won't be a direct bolt in to a YJ, I thought the same thing once.

What's the difference? It was cold and dark by the time I got off work, so my measuring may have been influenced...

Looked like a 2.5" springpad and roughly 39" center of springpad to center of springpad.
93 F-250 tow pig

mdo817

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2010, 09:13:03 PM »

What's the difference? It was cold and dark by the time I got off work, so my measuring may have been influenced...

Looked like a 2.5" springpad and roughly 39" center of springpad to center of springpad.
You are close on the Exploder measurement it's actually 39.25", but the YJ is 40.5", that 1.25" will make a huge issue, not to mention that the 8.8 dif. is offset 1.437" more than the YJ, I shifted my spring mounts about half the distance of the pinion offset to help with drive shaft alignment. Hope this helps. When you weld new perches on you can also dial in pinion angle. If you need anymore info I'll try to help. If you were closer or wanted to load it up and come South I would also help.

Offline Logan

• Visitor
  • Hit it like you mean it
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2010, 09:27:41 PM »
Thanks Mark, I didn't catch the 1.25" difference, looked like maybe .5" at most. That's what I get for eyeballing {;-(}
93 F-250 tow pig

Lou

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2010, 11:17:02 AM »
Might be a little late but I have a spare D35 with 4.11 gears I installed. The only problem is a wheel bearing that's burned up and the locker is spun but it's free. I have an 8.8 under my YJ now and yes you do need to cut the perches and move them over. I actually used the 8.8 perches once I cut them off. I also went to Pull-a-part and got spring perches and (2) pass. side soft brake lines. I cut the shock mounts off the spring plates and made my own shock tabs to weld on the axle. I also have the M.O.R.E. upper shock mounts so I could reuse my shocks. Well I ended up just resizing them and getting some Sensa-trac Gabriels at Autozone after I busted them at GATRFest.

Let me know if you have any more questions. I might be able to help.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM