BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: MJ loss of power  (Read 479 times)

Nick_Knipp

Re: MJ loss of power
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2011, 07:14:17 PM »
honestly im new to mechanical terms, still learning in college. i dont know what a blow by is, i think its related to high pressure tho. and yeah im thinking of rebuilding the 2.5, and no i wont be looking for a 4.0, cause im gonna drop in a 5.9 in the future, why have to do 2 engine swaps?

the 2.5 is an okay engine, gets me where i need to go and pulls just fine for the truck, hell i pulled robins fishing boat with it

the entire truck needs to be worked on i know that, which is why i bought it  ;D

Offline rabunjeeper

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2011, 07:46:05 PM »
Blow by is where when the cylinder builds compression it leaks by the rings if they are worn out. That pressure that went by the rings goes into the crankcase where your oil is. SInce you have a sealed engine, the only escape for the pressure is out through the valve cover usually and anything that is connected to it will get blown off and oil will be all over the top of your motor. Another tell tell sign the rings are worn out is low power. Like I said earlier, crank it up and remove the oil fill cap and see if it is blowing some steam out of it. Then you will know.  {toast}
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 07:48:48 PM by rabunjeeper »

Nick_Knipp

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2011, 08:06:13 PM »
alright ill have to check that when i install the fuel system again.

Offline zukbilly

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2011, 08:24:14 PM »
how about the cat being stopped up. I have seen it cause crankcase pressure before and sounds alot like what u say its doin

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2011, 08:40:43 PM »
I think he would have noticed a glowing red cat by now if it was stopped up, but it is a possibility. I've seen a few catch on fire too, which probably would have happened on a trip to Atlanta and back if it was going to happen.
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Nick_Knipp

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2011, 04:59:31 PM »
just finished the fuel system, its clean as a whistle now.

next thing i did was check the oil fill cap and see if steam came out, nothing

i just think the vales are bad and need replacing. including the gasket (easy job)

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM