BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: bumper measurements  (Read 946 times)

78gmc

bumper measurements
« on: December 17, 2010, 06:39:03 PM »
could someone give me some rough measurements for a xj and jeep bumpers? as some of you know i have a nissan and am trying to get a rough guess as to which winch bumpers i can make work. mainly looking at length dimensions and mount  widths. i am going to have to fab brackets to work on a nissan but if i can find a bumper i like that i can use and look right i am going to do that, arb wants 800 for a nissan bull bar. but i think i can find a toyota or a jeep bumper that can be made to fit with a little mount moving. plus everyone knows jeep stuff is cheaper than anything else lol. thanks Dave

mdo817

Re: bumper measurements
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 09:04:23 PM »
could someone give me some rough measurements for a xj and jeep bumpers? as some of you know i have a nissan and am trying to get a rough guess as to which winch bumpers i can make work. mainly looking at length dimensions and mount  widths. i am going to have to fab brackets to work on a nissan but if i can find a bumper i like that i can use and look right i am going to do that, arb wants 800 for a nissan bull bar. but i think i can find a toyota or a jeep bumper that can be made to fit with a little mount moving. plus everyone knows jeep stuff is cheaper than anything else lol. thanks Dave
What measurements do you want? You could just get rid of the rice burner and get a Jeep, it would be easier than trying to turn a Nice-One in to the real thing. {toast}

Offline rabunjeeper

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 09:08:03 PM »
Here is what i have and its only 299. maybe you can make one of them work. http://logansmetals4x4.com/

78gmc

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 11:34:05 PM »
Y would i wanna be like everyone else?and Y would wanna be like every other jeep around? think i'll stick to my rice burner it will go anywhere a jeep will.

O i am just kinda looking at width from outside to outside mainly.would rather have one thats alittle short than one that sticks out too far.

78gmc

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 11:36:18 PM »
no offense to everyone else bout the jeep comment. just hate it when people say sell it buy a jeep.

Offline rabunjeeper

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 11:58:24 PM »
"think i'll stick to my rice burner it will go anywhere a jeep will".
 :bs)
No it won't.

78gmc

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2010, 12:17:33 AM »
yeah well guess you will never know.

ranger11

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2010, 08:58:59 AM »
no offense to everyone else bout the jeep comment. just hate it when people say sell it buy a jeep.

I feel the same way but some how I ended up with 3 jeeps  {ehm} {ehm} {ehm} {ehm}   

What is your frame width? The xj's will prob be closest but you can cut the brackets off and weld them back on I done it on my rear ranger bumper

78gmc

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2010, 10:36:06 AM »
the way a nissan is made it isnt going to matter the bumper bracket width, i am going to have to make new brackets. you know how the bolt on push bars are made? that bolts under the bumper and wraps up to the grill? a nissan is made like that where the core support is where a typical bumper/frame mount will be. trying to get an outside to outside measurement to see if it is too wide or narrow.typically becuase you can buy a jeep winch bumper pretty cheap.i don't have anything against jeeps( i like the old willys and cj's)but it is usually the attitude of the owner that ticks me off.

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2010, 10:52:22 AM »
Since it seems like you have the ability to do it, it might be easier to just start from scratch and make one yourself. It would probably end up looking better as it would follow the lines of a Nissan instead of a Jeep.

BTW, I think Mark was just messing with you ;)
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

mdo817

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2010, 03:36:44 PM »
Y would i wanna be like everyone else?and Y would wanna be like every other jeep around? think i'll stick to my rice burner it will go anywhere a jeep will.

O i am just kinda looking at width from outside to outside mainly.would rather have one thats alittle short than one that sticks out too far.

Mine is right at 62", if you need any other measurements let me know.

BTW, I think Mark was just messing with you ;)

Yea, I was messing with him, but now that appears that I struck a nerve {ehm}, I will accept the Jeep/Nissan challenge. Do you want me to show up with a grocery getter XJ or a YJ. If D would let me use her YJ I would take the challenge with it.  ;D

Offline The_Dealer

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2010, 07:26:13 PM »
"think i'll stick to my rice burner it will go anywhere a jeep will".
 :bs)
No it won't.

but my bronco ii will  ;D
2000 TJ
ATK 4.7 stroker, Bds coils, disco's, 1" bl, 33x10.50 km2, soft 8's, RE LCA's, Skyjacker shocks

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM