BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: bumper measurements  (Read 945 times)

Offline rabunjeeper

• Visitor
Re: bumper measurements
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2010, 08:10:46 PM »
Sounds like a challenge to me! I have rode a many a miles with non-Jeep rigs in tow behind me Jeep cause they coulnt go anywhere a Jeep could. Im not braggin on Jeeps but anything without a straight axle under the fron just isn't up to the challenge.  {letseat}

Offline The_Dealer

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2010, 10:42:14 PM »
ahhh the beauty of jeep coils in a ttb

and yes i just got my superlift 550's to put in mine his is 240ppi skyjackers mine are a little lower spring rate. also i have an inch longer shocks then he does {popcorn}
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 10:46:18 PM by The_Dealer »
2000 TJ
ATK 4.7 stroker, Bds coils, disco's, 1" bl, 33x10.50 km2, soft 8's, RE LCA's, Skyjacker shocks

Offline rabunjeeper

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2010, 11:13:39 PM »
Make us a believer then!  {toast}

78gmc

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2010, 12:39:01 AM »
Bronco II are awesome! lol i can go on with anyone, but usually you say stuff like that to people you know. people tend to take it the wrong way if they never met you before. i can rag people with the best of em.NO Harm No Fowl. Ive got access to a welder but the the sheet metal style bumpers are hard to do with just a grinder and a welder.IFS will last if you don't just beat the snot out of em and use your head when wheeling.

78gmc

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2010, 12:46:05 AM »
o yeah thanks for the bumper site and thanks for the measurements guys, besides we can all go on a ride one day and we'll see how well the nissan can pull a xj.

ranger11

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2010, 12:50:36 AM »
Whats the point if you cant beat on it? I think my ranger will keep up

As long as I dont move the jack stands

78gmc

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2010, 10:04:00 AM »
yeah but when it's your only ride and looks like new, ya typically wanna take care of it. if i can find a beater now thats a diff story lol

Offline rabunjeeper

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2010, 10:22:18 AM »

Richard, your ranger don't count. Its just a ranger body on a full size running gear. Alot of Jeeps prolly won't keep up with that thing.

Offline Sasquatch

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2010, 04:31:49 PM »
I can set you up with D-ring tabs and a winch mounting plate.  Possibly get some mounting brackets too.  I designed my rear bumper and prepped all the parts then had some friends weld it together.  PM me for details.   {toast}
Seth

Baby, House, Jeep... In that order....  Unfortunately.

97 TJ Sport (Sold)
06 LJ (Sold)
07 JKU

ranger11

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2010, 06:01:05 PM »
Richard, your ranger don't count. Its just a ranger body on a full size running gear. Alot of Jeeps prolly won't keep up with that thing.

SO whats that make the jeep on fullsize axles? I still and will always have the ranger frame.  Every jeep could keep up with me when I had a carb and d44 If it wasnt the carb it was an axle.We shouldnt have to worry anymore though.

78gmc

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2010, 09:18:59 PM »

heres the measurement sof a nissan. looks like it's bout 1" wider than a xj. which wouldn't be too big of problem to deal with.

mdo817

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2010, 09:37:09 PM »

heres the measurement sof a nissan. looks like it's bout 1" wider than a xj. which wouldn't be too big of problem to deal with.
Not sure of the brand on mine, but this is the one I measured for you at a little over 62".

This is a Nate's Slim Line, I have sold the Jeep so I can't get the measurment from it, but you can see how it hangs out a little on each side.

Feel free to make our next ride, I might need to be pulled again, and a picture of a Nissan doing it would be really funny. ;D

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM