BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: 12/23 Aetna ride  (Read 11273 times)

Trucker

Re: 12/23 Aetna ride
« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2010, 09:02:03 PM »
How in the world do you post a picture like that then put that you rolled and NOT give a detailed explanation on how and where (obviously Aetna but) this happened.  JEEZ MAN!!!! WTF

Offline zukbilly

• Visitor
« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2010, 09:16:13 PM »
I talked to Eric and we both agree Larry stuff happens dont beat yourself. me and anybody else that knows you are just glad ur ok its just a xj and we can have a good ol wrench party and have him one ready to wheel quick so have ya a few of them drinks relax and have a good xmas  {letseat}

mdo817

« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2010, 10:10:36 PM »
I talked to Eric and we both agree Larry stuff happens dont beat yourself. me and anybody else that knows you are just glad ur ok its just a xj and we can have a good ol wrench party and have him one ready to wheel quick so have ya a few of them drinks relax and have a good xmas  {letseat}
What Billy said. you are OK, that's the important thing. But details are a must.

Online lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2010, 10:11:26 PM »
Was scouting THE LOOP for Bruce's broken xj.
Got about three hills back making a climb to the top.
Could not make the last ledge.
Began slow backing down the hill.
Got about two jeep lengths from bottom when the right rear dropped in a hole big enough to swallow a 36 inch tire and stand the xj up.
Slapped it in reverse and gas on it, jeep came back down.
XJ slammed into another rock/ground/something jumping up the front again.
Xj rolled lenght wise once came up on the wheels and then rolled side ways coming up on its wheels again. I swear the first roll was slow and easy, the second roll was fast and hard.
I had to push the roof up to be able to drive it out.

We got both xj's off the mtn.

The passanger and I are both ok.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 10:14:07 PM by lt99ls1 »
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2010, 11:40:10 PM »
The old saying comes to mind...   No good deed goes unpunished. 

Could have been much worse.  Everybody OK is awesome.  If you had to do an end over and a side roll, it seems like everything actually went your way, considering, by landing sunny side up.  No recovery needed for you.

You're a good man Larry for going back to help a buddy.  What happened to Bruces XJ?

Billy, did you end up using the strap or weld to get out?  No hurry getting it back to me, I've got spares in the garage.

NOS/86

« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2010, 11:48:42 PM »
I'm just glad Larry is ok .  GOOD FRIENDS ARE HARD TO REPLACE , HEEPS ARE REPLACEABLE !   

Ok ....

1. Kick front glass out .
2. Shop vac glass out of XJ.
3. Port-o-power roof
4. wheel the piss out of it till something comes up buyable  ;)

I guess i'm looking for a 97-up xj ...or zj (I like cheap ...repo,needs work,no title,etc) 
or maybe a good 94-96 body .

OR .....jUST MAYBE CUT THE ROOF OFF ,  ( BILLY ) CAGE IT  , WHEEL IT !

Online lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #54 on: December 25, 2010, 08:11:34 AM »
The old saying comes to mind...   No good deed goes unpunished. 

Could have been much worse.  Everybody OK is awesome.  If you had to do an end over and a side roll, it seems like everything actually went your way, considering, by landing sunny side up.  No recovery needed for you.

You're a good man Larry for going back to help a buddy.  What happened to Bruces XJ?

Billy, did you end up using the strap or weld to get out?  No hurry getting it back to me, I've got spares in the garage.
I just try and take care of people the way I think everybody else would. Eric would have been right there too had his wife not had him locked down to go shopping that morning.  ;D

The loop claimed bruce's right rear dana 35 axle and two other rigs had damage too.
I think  about half the group was towing out the other half and bruce's rig breaking pushed them over the 50% down.
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline zukbilly

• Visitor
« Reply #55 on: December 25, 2010, 08:46:30 AM »
yeah the scab can pull itself thats about it Johns Jeep belt was junk and no way would I have asked Brian to pull him all the way out we did what we could and Bruce said leave it here.we kinda knew there would not be many folks up there so off we went. Eric whatever u want let me know and if u just get another body lets talk about cage before it hits the mtn  {toast}

Online lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #56 on: December 25, 2010, 09:22:47 AM »
I know if you and Eric leave one, things have gotten down to the wire.

As soon as my steering is fix, my tj is headed to your shop for the cage we have been talking about all year.
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline zukbilly

• Visitor
« Reply #57 on: December 25, 2010, 11:20:07 AM »
I know if you and Eric leave one, things have gotten down to the wire.

As soon as my steering is fix, my tj is headed to your shop for the cage we have been talking about all year.
a roll always seems to change the mod list  ;) and u need to come by and get the gauge yes I left it at home  WTF

Offline Alpha4x4

• Visitor
    • BluelakeOffroad.com
« Reply #58 on: December 25, 2010, 09:55:20 PM »
yeah the scab can pull itself thats about it Johns Jeep belt was junk and no way would I have asked Brian to pull him all the way out we did what we could and Bruce said leave it here.we kinda knew there would not be many folks up there so off we went. Eric whatever u want let me know and if u just get another body lets talk about cage before it hits the mtn  {toast}

Hey, I would have pulled him to Atlanta if I had to...it was one of those runs...lol. Larry, thanks for going back out there, sorry you rolled that XJ, but as everyone said, glad your all okay.

If your interested, I may know of a ZJ cheap. I'll check on it tomorrow to see what the status is.

Aetna was fun, nice to meet you all, Billy, John, Eric, Bruce and others I cant recall right now....thanks for hosting us up there...was glad to get out. All my pics failed to save, bad memory card...thanks for the uploads Larry {toast}
"Lets Roll" - Todd Beamer 9/11
2005 LJ 4x4 Unlimited 4.0 Auto

Online lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #59 on: December 26, 2010, 09:48:28 AM »

Hey, I would have pulled him to Atlanta if I had to...it was one of those runs...lol. Larry, thanks for going back out there, sorry you rolled that XJ, but as everyone said, glad your all okay.

If your interested, I may know of a ZJ cheap. I'll check on it tomorrow to see what the status is.

Aetna was fun, nice to meet you all, Billy, John, Eric, Bruce and others I cant recall right now....thanks for hosting us up there...was glad to get out. All my pics failed to save, bad memory card...thanks for the uploads Larry {toast}

I know brother.
I just hope everybody had a good time.
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM