BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Floridain needs help near Blue Ridge  (Read 523 times)

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Floridain needs help near Blue Ridge
« on: January 10, 2011, 09:16:58 PM »
http://jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43644

Posted on JKO:

HELP With A Buddy Who Is Stuck In the Blue Ridge Mountains In GA

My neighbor is stuck in the snow somewhere at a cabin in the Mountains of GA in a town called Blue Ridge. Is there anyone who can help him out? He has a Toyota 4x4 truck, but he is obliviously from Florida and has no idea how to drive in the snow! It is him, his wife and three year old daughter. All they have is BACON (Of All Things) and a loaf of bread, and need to be out of there ASAP. They were supposed to leave this morning, but.......

I will make it worth someone's while if they can help, and I am know he will too. He is a GM of a Waffle House and I know all you southerners know what that means.

Worst case bring him some food! PM me for more info and I can get you his cell number!

Yeah, I talked to him, they are staying put for tonight. They have shelter, heat and enough food to get them through to tomorrow. Don't know how easy it will be to get to them, might be 4 wheelers only. I know some folks with Ellijay FD that I talked to tonight. Plan as of right now is to touch base in the morning and figure out the safest plan of action. It is nasty out there, took my friends 2 hours to get from Cumming to Ellijay this afternoon...

Eveidently he doesn't watch the news!  lol. 

I'm sure he would appreciate any help or FOOD.

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
Re: Floridain needs help near Blue Ridge
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 09:29:43 PM »

Posted on JKO:

My neighbor is stuck in the snow somewhere at a cabin in the Mountains of GA in a town called Blue Ridge. Is there anyone who can help him out? He has a Toyota 4x4 truck, but he is obliviously from Florida and has no idea how to drive in the snow! It is him, his wife and three year old daughter. All they have is BACON (Of All Things) and a loaf of bread, and need to be out of there ASAP. They were supposed to leave this morning, but.......

I will make it worth someone's while if they can help, and I am know he will too. He is a GM of a Waffle House and I know all you southerners know what that means.

Worst case bring him some food! PM me for more info and I can get you his cell number!

Yeah, I talked to him, they are staying put for tonight. They have shelter, heat and enough food to get them through to tomorrow. Don't know how easy it will be to get to them, might be 4 wheelers only. I know some folks with Ellijay FD that I talked to tonight. Plan as of right now is to touch base in the morning and figure out the safest plan of action. It is nasty out there, took my friends 2 hours to get from Cumming to Ellijay this afternoon...

I live in Ellijay and emailed his friend . I am only about 10 minutes away

« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 10:28:13 PM by Doug »
Bobby

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 10:28:00 PM »
8 FIVE ZERO -

TWO ONE 7-

SIX EIGHT 9 THREE

His name is Jeff.

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 09:42:47 AM »

Posted on JKO:

Leaving now to go resuce details to follow and wish us luck
Bobby

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 09:52:35 AM »

Posted on JKO:

Leaving now to go resuce details to follow and wish us luck

Take pictures! 

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 11:47:25 AM »
Successful recovery. Pics to follow. Low drama on this one.
Bobby

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 12:15:32 PM »

Low drama?  Doesn't matter. 

{toast} {toast} {toast} {toast} {toast} {toast}

to you for helping out. 

Offline zukbilly

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 01:08:00 PM »

Low drama?  Doesn't matter. 

{toast} {toast} {toast} {toast} {toast} {toast}

to you for helping out. 

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
Bobby

Offline DOUG

• Visitor

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
Bobby

RotorHead

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011, 05:48:12 PM »
Great job dude. Did you tow them out or just take them supplies?

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM