BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: ANYONE INTERESTED IN SOME TYPE OF TIMED RACE @ DURHAMTOWN  (Read 755 times)

Offline drich394

• Visitor
Re: ANYONE INTERESTED IN SOME TYPE OF TIMED RACE @ DURHAMTOWN
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2011, 09:13:21 AM »
awww, not dont cry now Mike.

Offline Logan

• Visitor
  • Hit it like you mean it
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2011, 10:22:26 AM »
I haven't been to dtown, and have only seen vids and pis, but what about a race like the cable hill challenge at gray rock or the race they did at Ricky B's birthday at morris mountain? Maybe oriented more toward us non-buggy guys, but a timed race up a single trail and if you get enough participation, maybe tire size classes.

here's some of the comps I was talking about.
RBD
/>
Cablehill
93 F-250 tow pig

Offline drich394

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2011, 11:59:15 AM »
Now that sounds like fun, nothing better than a little freindly comp  {letseat}

Offline Logan

• Visitor
  • Hit it like you mean it
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2011, 12:45:03 PM »
Now that sounds like fun, nothing better than a little freindly comp  {letseat}
I bet...

"roll over boy, come on, roll over... Good Jeep now stay..."

{nln}
93 F-250 tow pig

Offline NOVI FED COUPE

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2011, 12:47:35 PM »
just send Mike what you think it should have in it... those are only ideas... i mean damn....

He asked our opinion so I put what I thought. Dont take it the wrong way. Just my opinion. Like others have suggested pick one hill and have a timed competition...or even combine a few trails and run a race over a certain course. I think even having a bigger race to where you have a team of 2 or 3 rigs would be fun...kinda like a relay race. Cant start until your other rigs makes it to you...that may even be fun and include more people.

Offline drich394

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2011, 01:06:51 PM »
just send Mike what you think it should have in it... those are only ideas... i mean damn....

He asked our opinion so I put what I thought. Dont take it the wrong way. Just my opinion. Like others have suggested pick one hill and have a timed competition...or even combine a few trails and run a race over a certain course. I think even having a bigger race to where you have a team of 2 or 3 rigs would be fun...kinda like a relay race. Cant start until your other rigs makes it to you...that may even be fun and include more people.
dang Chuck, your just full of al sorts of good ideas, , im with you on this!  {letseat}

Offline NOVI FED COUPE

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2011, 01:12:13 PM »

dang Chuck, your just full of al sorts of good ideas, , im with you on this!  {letseat}

Hey I just like to have fun!

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2011, 04:00:16 PM »
its all good... just dont be rude about it... if that was the case I would be telling a few people on here what I really thought about them, but I dont... if you came up with an idea and I thought it was lame and said that was the stupidest thing i ever heard or man that shit is lame... that would be rude... but if i said ya know how about doing something like this... or have you thought about maybe doing something like this... its all in the way you word things... D-town is working hard to be THE SPOT in GA for 4x4s to go to... you dont find to many people willing to risk money for this sport these days so why try and piss off the ones that do... and again if you dont have anything nice or worth saying no need to say it... IMO

good thinking with the vids, and maybe D-town will do a time event like they did at MM during the Wheeling for the Wounded ride...

and a few other ideas sound good too... keep coming up with the good ideas.. but just lay off the bullshit ok...

Thanks

ghostdancer308

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2011, 04:15:19 PM »
Good response MikeD. IMO as well. I don't say much in the technical threads and YES I hate mud as well. Now, some years ago there was a documented event in Petersen's 4 wheel and off road. it consisted of the same events that D-town Mike( owner) stated. There was a local guy in my town who was sponsored by BFG and a local shop. It was a 3 man team. The events were wheeling to a location, mystery event and, of all things, a target shoot...they team then had to wheel back to the start point. Forward thinking is what the D-town owner is looking for. With the economy and funds being tight for some, getting down to D-town to help design and push for an event will be difficult. I spoke to the owner that weekend in reference to teaching shooting courses and basic marksmanship and pistol classes, for even members of this forum. This guy wants to expand and do more. Wheeling is just scraping the surface of the possibilities of this place. With the possible closure of RR forever, we can focus toward this establishment and the owner is willing to listen.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 04:21:03 PM by ghostdancer308 »

Offline Do Work 93 YJ

• Visitor
  • Ready To Ride
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2011, 10:14:54 PM »
Sounds like Mike is really wanting something good for the 4x4 communityand this is good to hear. I agree with Chuck that if he wants a big turn out that it should be some sort of timed event up a single or few trails race. If he has the time and money building a course out of rock and concrete would definitley be killer. {letseat} {popcorn}
Do Work Aka Moon Man. What you lack in technique make up in throttle! Or a set of cheater tires.

My Build Threads
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=3683.msg62464#msg62464

http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=6862.0

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM