BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: CO2 tank  (Read 483 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
Re: CO2 tank
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2011, 01:01:54 PM »
Cheapest around that I know of is off of Hwy 78 at Mountain Industrial:
Beverage Control Inc.
770-939-9637
5060 North Royal Atlanta Dr., Suite 21
Tucker, GA 30084

20# was $18.  Been awhile though.  I use my on-board air if at all possible and save the tank for a dire need.  I hate having to go get a tank filled.

I would like to add a gauge on my tank that shows the tank pressure, that at least gives an idea of how much is left.  Is this the way to go?

http://www.powertank.com/products/sfID1/13/listPage/3/productID/6

From what I have seen, the tank pressure is not a great indication of capacity. The pressure shows that the tank is nearly full for a long time, then drops off to zero really quickly as the tank approaches empty.
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

nashirak

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2011, 09:26:06 AM »
Jimmy is correct. CO2 is a hypercritical liquid... it is stored as a liquid that only takes about 800psi to keep it in that liquid state. As CO2 is used, the gas space inside grows to fill the empty space until all the liquid is gone. Only then will the pressure start to drop, and drop quickly.

That's why CO2 tanks are always measured in terms of weight and filled based on weight too. The gauge will really only give you a good final warning that it is about to run out.

Offline zukbilly

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2011, 10:27:31 AM »
I use nitrogen $10 to swap bottles at airgas my hose is hyd hose just because I need 300 to 350 psi for my shocks they also have regulators for around $80 that are adjustable

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM