BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Getting in shape 2011  (Read 14802 times)

ghostdancer308

Getting in shape 2011
« on: January 21, 2011, 02:46:25 PM »
There was a thread started by Trailibite (sp)-Chuck; and it went for a good amount of time. I guess i can start one. I am back in Iraq and jet-lag is getting the best of me. That being said, Chuck, Jerm and whomever, jump in. I weighed in tonight at 210lbs. I got in at 4am, got my toys issued to me at 9am and I went to bed and slept until 430pm. In the gym at 950pm. Most people who try to make a conscious effort, when it comes to health, fail around the 27th of Jan. Statically speaking. I am trying to get into the low 190's for body weight and not have a MikeD build (half woman half knuckle dragger). LOL!! So, thought I would start a new thread. Went in tonight and did an easy 1 mile run (10:42) and did shoulder work and some stretching. I only worked out 1 week total this time at home. Just to damn busy to fit it in at times. Hope all are well. Good seeing a few of you this time at D-town. Hope to see you guys in the Spring/summer...

BigJerm

Re: Getting in shape 2011
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 03:42:20 PM »
Man rough start for me.... 20 days on a cruise ship did me no good. Worked out every day and was pretty active but all that food got me. Hope to get down into the 230's range this year and stay there. Here is to 2011  {toast}

ghostdancer308

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 03:45:23 PM »
cruise food is the best/worst for you! I am changing up my routine as well. No more power lifting crap. All it ever got me was shoulder and back pain anyways. Doing more stuff off the website below. {salute} {toast}

http://www.specialtactics.com/documents.shtml

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 03:56:24 PM »
I started back in Oct 2010 and have managed to work out 4 days a week. After starting back I went from 275 up to 292 and have droped back down to 285 and drop a notch in my belt too. Really wished that had taken all my measurements before starting back.

Added in 45 minutes of cardio a workout to the mix two weeks ago and have been eating two bolied eggs for breakfast all month long. Been trying like heck to stop eating bread, but that is just down to once every three days.

Starting next week I have to go to the gym at 6 am Monday - Friday or not workout at the gym.

Been thinking about trying this for cardio for a while.
http://runkeeper.com/fitness-class/running-fat-loss/6
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 04:00:01 PM by lt99ls1 »
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline prjohnson

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 04:33:51 PM »
I re-tore my rotator about a year & half ago & quit doing anything, along with quitting smoking. I finally broke the 200 mark around mid Dec, which is about 40lbs more than what some of you might remember me as. It's mostly in my belly from sitting around drinking beer. We Joined LA Fitness right after I weighed myself & I've been working on my shoulders & doing a lot of cardio. I just want to be able to play racquetball without pain.
Perry

ghostdancer308

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 11:15:12 AM »
I feel your pain. I have had 2 surgeries on my right shoulder. It seems when you injure or just tweek the major joints of the body they are never the same.

Offline unwantedstray

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 11:58:12 AM »
While you guys are trying to loose weight and get in shape, I am trying to do the opposite. I currently weight in at 130lbs with 10.02% body fat. Ideally I would like to be about 150lbs. I usually run a lot...(10-20+ miles a week), I have cut this down and I am lifting a lot of weights. I run road races pretty often so I need to keep my cardio up, but put on weight. I have started doing the p90x series and have been doing so for about 2 weeks. I have not noticed any size increase but I have increased my strength. I wish you guys the best with your goals.

Zack Gilbert
2005 Rubicon "Agent Orange"

ghostdancer308

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 11:03:53 PM »
your going to have to cut that cardio in order to put on size. Your caloric intake also needs to rise to include all macronutrients..i.e..protein and carb consumption. I actually watch what I eat here at work so I can go to $hit when I am at home with the family and hanging out with the guys. Its not a science, but you have to do your research. I took yesterday off and went in the gym this morning at 6am. 1 mile run, chest and light squats...its going to be a long road back into shape...

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 11:57:14 PM »
I have gotten porky for me at 170. I want to lean down to 160.

I have some goals that I'm working back toward. I had right at  300 bench and weighed around 165. Currently I need to improve upon my bench, dead lift, front squats, and run time.

I did pretty close to an all out effort 3 mile treadmill run at 23:06 this week (could have done better). I want it at 21min but target is 18min ( that's flying to me but best friend brother runs it in up 14's so I'm freaking slow).

Yall give a look see at www.sealfit.com, www.militaryathlete.com, and www.crossfit.com

I'm about functional strength and not a beach body but can also run.

Good luck to everyone. I think everyone should post there accomplishments to help encourage everyone, at least imho.
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Tompatt

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 02:28:23 PM »
Im at about 195 last time I weighed. Didn't exercise at all last semester (my first worried about school rather than fitness). Now that I have one semester of college under my belt I have been walking one mile and running another. Then 100 crunches and 20 push ups. I really do not want to lift weights, doc said I had tendonitis in my shoulders and elbows, so 20 pushups is the max i can do before it hurts bad. Hopefully i can get back down to 170-180 like i was before college, maybe 160. any other things yall suggest i could do to lose the belly?

ghostdancer308

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 05:01:15 PM »
...don't listen to your doctor...hit the steel hard and eat...and run...take 800mg of motrin every 4hrs...

Tompatt

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2011, 05:19:17 PM »
...don't listen to your doctor...hit the steel hard and eat...and run...take 800mg of motrin every 4hrs...

i cant really lift anything. i tried bench and when i lift my shoulder pops, burns, and i lose all my power. i dont really have a work out partner so im sticking with stuff i can do on my own.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM