OTHER INTERESTS > Getting in shape

Getting in shape 2011

<< < (2/73) > >>

ghostdancer308:
I feel your pain. I have had 2 surgeries on my right shoulder. It seems when you injure or just tweek the major joints of the body they are never the same.

unwantedstray:
While you guys are trying to loose weight and get in shape, I am trying to do the opposite. I currently weight in at 130lbs with 10.02% body fat. Ideally I would like to be about 150lbs. I usually run a lot...(10-20+ miles a week), I have cut this down and I am lifting a lot of weights. I run road races pretty often so I need to keep my cardio up, but put on weight. I have started doing the p90x series and have been doing so for about 2 weeks. I have not noticed any size increase but I have increased my strength. I wish you guys the best with your goals.

ghostdancer308:
your going to have to cut that cardio in order to put on size. Your caloric intake also needs to rise to include all macronutrients..i.e..protein and carb consumption. I actually watch what I eat here at work so I can go to $hit when I am at home with the family and hanging out with the guys. Its not a science, but you have to do your research. I took yesterday off and went in the gym this morning at 6am. 1 mile run, chest and light squats...its going to be a long road back into shape...

Mortalis5509:
I have gotten porky for me at 170. I want to lean down to 160.

I have some goals that I'm working back toward. I had right at  300 bench and weighed around 165. Currently I need to improve upon my bench, dead lift, front squats, and run time.

I did pretty close to an all out effort 3 mile treadmill run at 23:06 this week (could have done better). I want it at 21min but target is 18min ( that's flying to me but best friend brother runs it in up 14's so I'm freaking slow).

Yall give a look see at www.sealfit.com, www.militaryathlete.com, and www.crossfit.com

I'm about functional strength and not a beach body but can also run.

Good luck to everyone. I think everyone should post there accomplishments to help encourage everyone, at least imho.

Tompatt:
Im at about 195 last time I weighed. Didn't exercise at all last semester (my first worried about school rather than fitness). Now that I have one semester of college under my belt I have been walking one mile and running another. Then 100 crunches and 20 push ups. I really do not want to lift weights, doc said I had tendonitis in my shoulders and elbows, so 20 pushups is the max i can do before it hurts bad. Hopefully i can get back down to 170-180 like i was before college, maybe 160. any other things yall suggest i could do to lose the belly?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version