BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: March 19,2011 Gulches Discussion Thread  (Read 18444 times)

BigJerm

Re: March 19,2011 Gulches Discussion Thread
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2011, 11:34:24 PM »
I am out as usual for work. Looking forward to the May ride... It is on a weekend I am off.

mdo817

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2011, 11:43:47 PM »
Gulches Degree of Difficulty
(posted at start of every trail)
Red Square -- Easy trail; Blue Square -- Intermediate trail; Black Square -- Advanced trail; Double Black Square -- More difficult advanced trail Triple Black Square -- Most difficult advanced trail
Gulches Legend of Trails
1. Red Easy trail. 2 way traffic down hill to other trails. Very greasy when wet. 5 MPH
2&2A. Red Easy twisty trail. 2 way traffic leads to other trails. Difficult when wet. Mud holes: look for bypass
3. II Black Difficult hill climb - Rear lockers and winch recommended.
3D III Black You won’t need 3D glasses while you roll down this one. Very similar to Trail 4
4. III Black Testosteroad. The longer you look at it the tougher it seems. Most Difficult hill climb! Lockers winch and lots of horse power. Climb it …or Don’t Climb it. You make the call. Most difficult hill climb!
MUST HAVE FULL ROLL CAGE!!!
5. Red Easy hill climb, some rough terrain; a Blue run in wet weather.
56. Black J-Gee’s Hill the Gee’s part is cause as you are going up someone could be right around the corner going down. Geeees !! Our only two way narrow hill climb. Go up one side and down the other. This may get tougher as time and traffic goes on.
6. Red TnT This is the Tricks-n-Traction 4x4 Club Trail. They built this to be an easy hill climb
like Trail 5 with a nasty little rock garden we call trail 7.
7. IIIBlack TnT Rock Garden TnT’s side rock garden trail off trail 6. If you don’t have traction this one will trick you. This garden seems to have a mind of its own. Sometimes it lets you in and out easy and sometimes it eats your axles. TnT is out of Greenville for the most part - info- tnt4wd.org
8. Red B and B Hill An easy steep hill climb discovered by two of Gulches’ avid explorers: known as the Brian and Brian Expedition.
9. III Black Hunters -Uh Oh! We named this after Hunter on a day when he was rolling along the park looking for the work site we were on. He came upon this newly finished unmarked hill climb from the wrong way and, well, all we could say was uh oohh! Ride up the hill, not down. This is also the site of our first roll over (backwards -- Cameron Kerby’s TJ) This is by far our second toughest hill-climb
10. Red Easy little run back off B&B hill to Trail 12 which is 2 way traffic back to Trail 1.
11. III Black Twisted Intentions This is the Twisted Intentions 4x4 Club Trail which is our longest hill climb - Lockers and 32’s at least on the Right and no weenies on the Left only hot dogs because it is a smash and tumble large rock face which intends to twist you up. This club
is mostly out of the Greenville area check their web site at twistedintentions.com
12. Red The Toilet Easy 2 way called the toilet trail. Now has Suspension Junction [an
articulation trail], Concrete Pipe garden to see how well you twist your frame and North Carolina Jeepsters’ Monster Tires.
13. Red Easy 2 way. Up hill traffic gets right of way. This can be greasy when wet.
14. Red Easy 2 way down to other trails Yield to up hill traffic.
15. Blue Oak’s Detour Created by Oak McCurdy, it is easy-intermediate, scary off camber, with one tough small gully at the end. This trail also has a Black little round about. Trail 15 is
also home to a III Black trail, Baby Gulch.
16. Blue The Clemson Trail The Clemson 4x4 club finished this trail for us. Good off camber
switchback trail, real pretty. Can be easy… can be difficult. If you’re not careful, you’ll get
detention!
17. Blue Palmetto Krawler Toughest Blue trail in the park. Wet, it’s at least a II Black or closed
to traffic . Some serious off-camber. Good viewing of trail 18 which is the Palmetto Spill Your Guts Crossing. First group through 18, Clemson 4wd club.
18. III Black Palmetto Crossing The Palmetto Krawlers 4x4 club developed this rock garden. Good chance of body damage at the first entrance as a large jagged rock is hungry for quarter panels. But then the Krawlers know no pain. Second entrance is just as insane but compared to the first …well you’ll see. The Krawlers are mostly out of Greenwood and can be reached at Palmettokrawlers.com or Dale at 864-993-9044
19.& 20 Red Water Cooler This is an easy little set of sand trails when the water hole in each is low. However after heavy rain it could have 30 or 40 inches of water in the holes. Bad things can happen, Bad Things! Between these two trails is an 8 Foot deep water hole Stay out! The Water Cooler has eaten several u-joints, axles and buried more than one truck to the headers in dry sand.
21. Blue Little trail back to trail 26 and 21A. Don’t let it fool you, it can be greasy as lard.
21A III Black Rockerknocker Just a nasty entrance to the Palmetto Crossing (Trail 18)
22 III Black Side Winder Just when you thought it couldn’t get any tougher!! This nightmare was created by Cam and David, two Presbyterian College students. And this trail will make a believer out of you.
23 II Black Renegade Alley Another trail by the Renegade 4x4 Club. If you are not familiar with their work just check out Radical Ravine. This is the longest trail in the park and it is not one of our “short little, well that was fun, now where should we go” trails. Renegade Alley has exciting terrain around every corner. [My personal favorite.] 31” mudders, a winch and at least one locker and a good bit of skill is all you need .
24 III Black Heartbreaker Created by the Renegade 4x4 Club. This is much like Renegade Alley but maybe a tad more difficult going down way more difficult going up. This is a long trail. YOU NEED A WINCH, GOOD TIRES AND AT LEAST ONE LOCKER.
25 Blue Lone rock this is a short very narrow trail for small vehicles with 34” tires or less.
26 Red Tornado Alley A very narrow trail that leads from 17 near 14. to trail 2. This is the site of a tornado that touched down several years ago.
The Twister A blue trail. See how many times you 3 point turn on this short trail.
Lil’ Devil Black Straight up and it never seems to end. You may need some big Mo’ on this one
27 III Black Mutiny Ridge If you don’t do the ship in Shipwreck then you Mutiny to the ridge
And then there’s ……. SHIPWRECK , Death Valley, Radical Ravine and Cup-Cake

Offline Calvin

• Visitor
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2011, 11:56:28 PM »
well, can't make this ride. Brigg's soccer games are all on saturdays >:( I am bummed as I wanted to see this park. I want a detailed report.

So are Madi's, and I'm coaching.  {peek}

I'll just ask for a detailed report of the game.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 09:23:10 AM by Calvin »
98 XJ

reb336

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2011, 12:20:20 AM »
Hope to make it.  Looking forward to another fun park.
Hopefully the weather will hold out.  I'm open/open.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2011, 09:56:08 AM »
Sorry Calvin. Man, who makes games on saturdays anyway? :D
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Calvin

• Visitor
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2011, 05:00:31 PM »
For real! The coordinator asked about schedule conflicts and I was like "umm, March 19, 26, and probably the 3rd weekend in April." To which she replied "I'll see what we can do." Oh well.
98 XJ

Offline CopperCrawler

• Visitor
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2011, 07:53:15 PM »
Damn, I wish this place was closer.  I really have wanted to check it out.  But I'll be in VA for this one  >:(
1999 TJ
2004 F-350 XLT, FX4, 4X4, 4"lift on 35s
2011 F-150 Supercrew Lariat, 4X4 (Wifes car)
And the Off Road transportation that NEVER gets stuck
1990 Tennessee Walking Horse - "JEZ"

Always remember our veterans!!  Even if you don't agree with the politics of what they are fighting for, they are someone who swore to give the ultimate sacrifice of their LIFE to defend the freedoms you and I enjoy everyday.

Offline Alex

• Visitor
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2011, 08:34:39 PM »
I am going to try and come to this one if someone has a spare seat for me  ;D

Offline davethomas

• Visitor
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2011, 09:14:34 AM »
damnit...  just got my jeep back running and the first and last big ride before core takeover falls on my workshed closing date...
Prez of Currahee Jeeps

Offline drich394

• Visitor
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2011, 09:47:56 AM »
think im going to save my fuel $$$ for shamroc run,

Eddie13

« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2011, 08:24:17 PM »
Whats the deal with a beer by the fire?

Offline Calvin

• Visitor
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2011, 08:06:05 AM »
Anyone else planning to attend this thing. Three weeks out and we've only got 4 of us signed up. With our average drop-out rate, that leaves 2 people max for actual attendance haha.
98 XJ

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM