BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Ride levels...teirs 1-3  (Read 2119 times)

ranger11

Re: Ride levels...teirs 1-3
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2011, 04:15:13 PM »
quote it you will see it. ;D

Offline wideload

• Visitor
  • Proud Dad!
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2011, 07:21:43 AM »
wow...who started this thread anyway?....what a can of worms! ::) ;D {boohoo}...
The road to prosperity should not be be paved with
 those who are in your way but by the helping of those along the way.

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2011, 08:57:34 AM »
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline drich394

• Visitor
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2011, 09:16:17 AM »
 {nln}

mdo817

« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2011, 01:17:27 PM »
wow...who started this thread anyway?....what a can of worms! ::) ;D {boohoo}...
Someone with oldtimers disease?  ;D

Offline wideload

• Visitor
  • Proud Dad!
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2011, 07:59:13 AM »
Off with his head! :hlp
The road to prosperity should not be be paved with
 those who are in your way but by the helping of those along the way.

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2011, 09:17:13 AM »

Or would that be sometimers disease? ::)
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2011, 09:21:55 AM »

lol.  I had to look and see who did start it. 

I hope you wheel with us soon.   {letseat}

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2011, 11:04:37 AM »
and how to roll it  {hihi}
Ouch! Stop reminding me.  ;D

I have stayed out of most of these talks becasue I know that most of how the club operates is not really going to change at heart. How the club rides operate is the only real thing will change. Everybody is still going to be helping everybody out on the forum, on the trail and in real life.

I don't do FS rides with the Tj. My rig is too modded and towing sucks for a fs ride.I did do a couple of FS rides when I had my DD XJ. Most of the parks have 1-3 tier stuff. So not a big deal to have mixed ride. Mayhem comes to mind for a tier 3 only ride and forget going when it is wet.

My Tj is built like it is because I have to try and keep up with Eric, Zukbilly and I break shit.Lock me in a padded room with an Anvil and it will be broken in two pieces when you come back. I learn something new about myself, my rig and the people I ride with every trip.

Sorry for the rambling.
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2011, 11:07:54 AM »
Larry, you speak from experience... and alot of broken stuff! :D
I've grown tired of this.

Offline pachary

• Visitor
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2011, 11:33:03 AM »
If'n some of you fellas would show up on one our rides, you would see how silly this teir stuff CAN be.

Ask Zukbilly.  We went to Hale Mtn last weekend.  Plenty of carnage.  A really broad range of rigs including axle and tire and engine sizes.   Go ahead ask Billy who broke what?  (I'll tell you, a little bit of everyone!  But be sure there were 60s AND Rockwells on the list.  And you know what, a sharp rock don't care if that tire is a 31 OR a 44.)

When we ride we sometimes get a literal mob of people, but generally break up into smaller groups.  IMO anything more than 5 or 6 in a group, and this turns into a spectator sport.  Not saying that is bad, but it is the truth and I am going to ride, not watch.

I wheel almost 100% of the time with rigs on tons or bigger and 42" and up tires.

My rig is on D44s (alloys, detroits, 4.88s) and 39.5" Pitbulls.  Yes I have to drive with some sense, no I can't take the same lines, yes my winch gets a bit more use, and occassionally things break.  But almost without fail it is usually the BUILT rigs that suffer the most carnage.   Makes sense since that is generally why it was built, so it could get hammered on.

Point of this rambling is as stated earlier.................respect for the abilities of your equipment is #1, going hand in hand with driver skill/exp.
2005 TJ Unlimited

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2011, 12:12:58 PM »
If'n some of you fellas would show up on one our rides, you would see how silly this teir stuff CAN be.

All due respect, we have been doing this for years. We have large turnouts, from stock to buggy, we dont need to go on anyones' rides to see what is best for our club or how things work on the trail. This is the direction we want the club to go. Its not about exclusion, its about giving our members the proper time and experience they deserve, at the same time introducing the sport, in a safe, responsible, non pressure manner for new comers.

Point of this rambling is as stated earlier.................respect for the abilities of your equipment is #1, going hand in hand with driver skill/exp.

I agree 100% with that statement.

Someone with 31" tires and never been offroad before does not need to try and follow someone on tons and 40s on a difficult trail, not knowing what to expect. Alot of times these new guys feel like they were led into a bad situation and might break something.

Someone that spends several hundred dollars to trailer their rig to a ride, is not going to have much fun sitting behind someone winching up something they probably shouldnt be on. This is a complaint from both sides and now its being fixed.
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM