BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Ride levels...teirs 1-3  (Read 2077 times)

Offline pachary

• Visitor
Re: Ride levels...teirs 1-3
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2011, 12:39:09 PM »
I actually agree with the effort.  I just wonder about the "criteria".  Seems to be more of a communication issue if folks are getting over their heads.  Heck, how many of the places we have to wheel would be considered a certain level?  More likely to just have a couple of obstacles that make the difference.

2005 TJ Unlimited

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2011, 12:47:51 PM »
I actually agree with the effort.  I just wonder about the "criteria".  Seems to be more of a communication issue if folks are getting over their heads.  Heck, how many of the places we have to wheel would be considered a certain level?  More likely to just have a couple of obstacles that make the difference.

Are you gonna join up and be a CORE member?

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2011, 12:50:37 PM »

The area doesnt make the Tier level. Many areas will support all three types of rides, most rides will be Tier 2. The label is to help the driver understand what he is going to experience when he comes out to ride.

You should join one of our rides to see how we do things, since you seem to be concerned with the changes.  {toast}
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline pachary

• Visitor
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2011, 01:01:17 PM »
Sorry guys (hangs head in shame), I've tried to hook up with more than one group, and my insane work schedule doesn't allow for the commitment I think a somewhat organized club deserves.

Really just trying to contribute. :(

But this is definately important stuff to settle before someone joins and becomes a CORE member...........isn't it?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 01:07:44 PM by pachary »
2005 TJ Unlimited

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2011, 01:15:15 PM »
Sorry guys (hangs head in shame), I've tried to hook up with more than one group, and my insane work schedule doesn't allow for the commitment I think a somewhat organized club deserves.

Really just trying to contribute. :(

But this is definately important stuff to settle before someone joins and becomes a CORE member...........isn't it?

I am pretty sure its settled. What each tier is, is posted in a couple areas.
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2011, 01:34:09 PM »
Funny how we seem to have the same questions coming out from the ones who never or very rarely ride with us. hhhhmmmmm  {ehm}
I've grown tired of this.

Offline rabunjeeper

• Visitor
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2011, 02:37:40 PM »
Where do these silly posts keep coming from. Its pretty simple. If you want to be a part of GATR then this is the way ITS GONNA BE. No exceptions, not debateable. I think Matt covered pretty much everything you need know in the new members area. Please take a minute to read it.

http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=7319.msg122842#msg122842

ANNOUNCING GATR C.O.R.E. MEMBERSHIP

GA Trail Riders was started 4 years ago this month as a way to bring folks together that shared the interest in off-roading and trail riding.  We never dreamed it would grow to over 1500 registered members, more than 110,000 posts, and almost 5.5 million views.

As Owners and Co-founders of GATR, we have been listening to the most active members, and are creating a CORE group.  It could be said to stand for “Crawling Over Rocks Everywhere” or "Crawling Obstacles for Recreational Enjoyment", but it is designed for our most active and dedicated members, although anyone can join.

Charter membership is only $40 and with initial registration, you will receive all of the following:
- GATR CORE Status
- Access to the GATR Exclusive C.O.R.E Section on the GATR Forum & Unlimited PMs
- Access to GATR ride and event threads
- GATR Shirt
- GATR State Sticker
- GATR Windshield Banner
- Cookout at GATRFEST
- @gatrailriders.com Email Address

CORE Renewals are only $30 per year.  Our calendar year will be from March 31, 2011 to March 31, 2012. We will be accepting new members year round. For members joining later in the season (After October 31st) the initial membership rate will be reduced to $25. Renewal dues will still be due the following calendar year by March 31st. If you do not renew by March 31st, you will have to rejoin at the new membership rate of $40.00.  Our March ride at Gulches Off Road Park with be the last ride for non-members.   

Monthly CORE rides will fall into 1 of 3 categories.  Expedition, Intermediate, and Hardcore.  Each level is based on driver and rig capability.  The 3 tiers will allow you to attend rides that are best for your rig and personal driving skills, and encourage development of your skills at your own pace.  Each GATR ride will be designated as one of these tiers:

TIER 1 – Expedition: Rides that are based on a stock 4x4 chassis. Fun for the whole family. These rides will be a good way to introduce you and your vehicle to the sport. Get your feet wet and gain some experience behind the wheel off-roading.  These rides will not be challenging in anyway. Minimal/No damage expected.

TIER 2 – Intermediate: Rides that are open to all 4x4 vehicles. There will be challenges for stock to fully built rigs. Plenty of bypasses for lesser built vehicles. Some damage/Broken parts can be expected, depending on how far you want to push your vehicle. You will have a chance to gain a lot of off-road experience on these rides.

TIER 3 – Hardcore:  Rides for fully built rigs. These rides will not be for the faint of heart. You must meet the vehicle requirement set by GATR STAFF to join these rides. These rides are for the most experienced drivers.  Most trails on these rides will be hard.

Join up, and we look forward to seeing you on the next ride!

Lots more changes are on the way, more rides & more events for the members. We are also officially now a non-profit organization.

Click this link to start your CORE Membership.
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?action=paypal

Ok. I cleaned this up. Tried to take all legitimate questions we have had so far about C.O.R.E. and add them in this list below. If I missed something, ask, we will get it added to this list with an answer.

1. What will the dues go to?
-Site Maintenance & Improvement
-Materials for events/shows such as trophies, raffle tickets, GATR banners, etc.
-After ride meals when possible
-Park rentals when possible

2. How will being a part of C.O.R.E. change my offroading experience?
We are offering you the ability to gain experience from the ground level and work you up to what ever level you want to be at. These rides are designed to give each level of driver a unique and fun experience. You will find the best wheeling group, trips, and experience anywhere in the South. Memories, Experiences, and Bonds will be made on every ride. Our staff & members will take the time to give you advice and help you with any offroad situation. We practice tread lightly.

3. Can I still join C.O.R.E. if I have a stock vehicle or little to no offroading experience?
Yes, we are focusing on making your experience here less intimidating and more enjoyable. Our staff will introduce you to the sport, and help get you started learning safe & responsible wheeling right away. We have plenty of Tier 1/Tier 2 rides to get you on the trails.

4. Will the Tier system keep me from riding with my friends?
No, there will still be plenty of Tier 2 rides that will have all vehicle types. If a Tier 1 ride is posted a Tier 3 ride will be posted the same month, maybe the same weekend. You can always grab a seat with a buddy on a Tier 3 ride if you are not up for the challenge. Tier 3 can always take an easy weekend and enjoy a Tier 1 ride.

5. What happens if I do something horrible and have to leave the club?
That is completely your choice, no one will stop you. However if you are caught in violation of rules like drinking & driving, riding on illegal land or representing this club in a dishonorable way, you will be removed from the club and forfeit any dues paid.

6. How do I know what Tier I should be in?
This all depends on what your looking to get out of this club. You can start on a Tier 1 ride (slow paced, easy trails, little damage, no experience required-but it will be gained) and work your way up to Tier 3 (fast paced, difficult trails, body damage possible, experience required).

7. Can I still post ad-hoc rides on this website? Is there still going to be a Trail Rides & Events section for the open rides?If you are a C.O.R.E. member you can still post open ad hoc rides on the non-member forum, on non GATR ride weekends. We will also post invitational information here and other open events. Non-member ride threads will be deleted.

8. Will this cover any park entry fees or offer a reduced price to enter?
We are going to be working closer with the local parks as well, to see about getting better rates for the CORE, when we book our rides. If possible we will try and rent a park out to give C.O.R.E members a free ride weekend.

9. Are there any vehicle restrictions for Tier 3? REVISED
This is really dependent upon the driver's experience. There are restrictions on vehicles, your vehicle must have 2 lockers and 33" tires. We all know things happen like breakage and getting stuck. Just be aware that these rides will be at difficult trails and you will need a heavily equipped vehicle. If you are unsure, grab a seat with another member and check a ride out from the passenger seat first.

10. How long do I have to join C.O.R.E?
There is no time limit, we accept members year round. Dues are due each March. Membership is offered at a reduced rate of $25.00 after October 31st.  If your not sure about joining, watch on the forum for post ride photos & discussion, and attend a GATR invitational event (1 to 2 per year), then make your decision. There is no rush.

11. Will I still have access to the forum if I do not join C.O.R.E?
Yes, the majority of the forum will still be non-exclusive, including the classifieds and shop talk sections. You will not have access to the rides information, trail information and some other threads.  You do not have to pay the C.O.R.E membership, to have access to the shared knowledge on this forum.

12. I am new why should I spend $40.00 to join C.O.R.E
When you are new to a hobby like this you want to learn the correct and legal way to enjoy this sport. C.O.R.E is dedicated to showing you the correct techniques of picking lines, spotting, winching, trail repairs, tread lightly etc. We have all started where you are at and thanks to this awesome group we have all grown tremendously. You will never be led astray, left behind on the trails, or put in a dangerous situation. If you attend your very first ride with C.O.R.E and decide this sport is not for you, we will refund the dues you paid. You will not receive your new membership package until after you have made your decision. We know that you will be hooked the very first time with C.O.R.E. 

13. Is C.O.R.E. an elite group that promotes exclusion.
No, we are not an elite group, we all were new once. We believe that a stock jeep can be just as fun as buggy. By being a member you are treated to some exclusive rides tailored to your riding style.

14. When do I get my swag?
This can be picked up at your first ride with C.O.R.E.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM