BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: May 2011 issue of JP Magazine  (Read 393 times)

Offline Calvin

• Visitor
May 2011 issue of JP Magazine
« on: March 24, 2011, 11:12:02 PM »
I'm not sure how many of you guys follow the several magazines that cater to our sport. I usually drop by the Booksamillion/borders/barns and peruse through em, decide that I can get that much tech and more on the internet, and leave the store wondering why I even bothered. But today I picked up the latest JP magazine and actually ended up walking out with it (after paying). This issue actually has usable opinions on things like Rubicon v non-rubicon, which and where should I use rod ends, automatic vs manual, and bias v radial. And tech commentary that applies to more folks than the usual "specific inch and type of lift on one specific jeep model." Its given me some ideas and things to think about for the (next) rig.

Anyway, I was just really impressed with this issue and thought I'd pass it along.
98 XJ

mdo817

Re: May 2011 issue of JP Magazine
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 11:18:46 PM »
Mine came in the mail this week, or last week  {ehm} but I haven't opened it yet.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re: Re: May 2011 issue of JP Magazine
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 07:01:33 AM »
Been getting it for years. I read it cover to cover over the other 10 or so I get, including Crawl. Great publication.

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 08:25:51 AM »
I'm not sure how many of you guys follow the several magazines that cater to our sport. I usually drop by the Booksamillion/borders/barns and peruse through em, decide that I can get that much tech and more on the internet, and leave the store wondering why I even bothered. But today I picked up the latest JP magazine and actually ended up walking out with it (after paying). This issue actually has usable opinions on things like Rubicon v non-rubicon, which and where should I use rod ends, automatic vs manual, and bias v radial. And tech commentary that applies to more folks than the usual "specific inch and type of lift on one specific jeep model." Its given me some ideas and things to think about for the (next) rig.

Anyway, I was just really impressed with this issue and thought I'd pass it along.
Calvin
I do the exact same thing, I've probably leafed through them the last two years at the book store w/ out buying one but I did buy this months last night.  You're right, all the articles were great, worth the 6 bucks
TC

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 09:38:19 AM »

Calvin
I do the exact same thing, I've probably leafed through them the last two years at the book store w/ out buying one but I did buy this months last night.  You're right, all the articles were great, worth the 6 bucks
TC

$6 for an issue?  I had no idea they were that high on the cover.  I think I pay $18 for a year.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 10:11:52 AM »
Yeah, I get some here at work. :D
I've grown tired of this.

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 10:41:28 AM »

$6 for an issue?  I had no idea they were that high on the cover.  I think I pay $18 for a year.
Yeah, its a rip if you buy more than 3 a year...I usually don't.  The subscription is the way to go really.

TC

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM