BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: New KOH class.......  (Read 1092 times)

Offline Do Work 93 YJ

• Visitor
  • Ready To Ride
Re: New KOH class.......
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2011, 07:38:54 PM »
Same here I'm going to try and get out there next year to watch. {letseat}
Do Work Aka Moon Man. What you lack in technique make up in throttle! Or a set of cheater tires.

My Build Threads
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=3683.msg62464#msg62464

http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=6862.0

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2011, 12:43:14 PM »
Maybe at the end of the day the rules will be similar to the W.E. Rock rules. At least close enough one could by a W.E. Rock and just make a few changes........
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Logan

• Visitor
  • Hit it like you mean it
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2011, 02:00:53 PM »
Maybe at the end of the day the rules will be similar to the W.E. Rock rules. At least close enough one could by a W.E. Rock and just make a few changes........

From browsing over WEROCK's stock mod rules, the posted KOH stock mod rules are close. WEROCK doesn't have a stock class though.

I like the rules they've put out so far, It's going to take a lot of creativity to have a capable rig within the rules and I think this will breed innovation. Hopefully this won't turn into an all Jeep class, I'd like to see a 1st gen V8 explorer give it a go.
93 F-250 tow pig

Offline barrettsyj

• Visitor
  • crossedup4x4.com
    • crossed up 4x4
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2011, 02:09:45 PM »
it will bring out the real drivers.  {popcorn} and logan maybe can find a cheap beater cherokee and get it ready for stock class. i  will help out if i can get a lttle seat time while we are there. and sponsers just come down to asking the companies.
break it to make it!!!

Offline Logan

• Visitor
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2011, 02:26:33 PM »
Don't tempt me Wes, I have a lot of experience polishing turds, I wheel an xj. ::)

I need to focus on getting mine done, I'm beginning to have withdrawals.
93 F-250 tow pig

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2011, 02:57:06 PM »

From browsing over WEROCK's stock mod rules, the posted KOH stock mod rules are close. WEROCK doesn't have a stock class though.

I like the rules they've put out so far, It's going to take a lot of creativity to have a capable rig within the rules and I think this will breed innovation. Hopefully this won't turn into an all Jeep class, I'd like to see a 1st gen V8 explorer give it a go.

What 1st gen Explorer had a V8 option? I thought they were only 4 bangers and V6's. Personally, I would love to build a 79 Bronco, but it's a little on the big side.
Chuck & Sherry

Richard

Re: Re: New KOH class.......
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2011, 03:24:46 PM »
First gen exploders didn't come with v8 as an option.  It is nice that this is happening but at the same time its not for most of us.  For the low budget racing check out ecors. That's what I plan on when my truck is done.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Offline Logan

• Visitor
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2011, 05:04:30 PM »
You guys are right, I was thinking the 5.0 had been offered in the 1st gen for some reason.
93 F-250 tow pig

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2011, 05:25:42 PM »
You guys are right, I was thinking the 5.0 had been offered in the 1st gen for some reason.

As small as those were a 302 would have been pretty awesome!
Chuck & Sherry

Offline Logan

• Visitor
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2011, 07:36:26 PM »
Well they were offered in the second gen, but those were a true IFS instead of TTB.
93 F-250 tow pig

ranger11

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2011, 08:46:21 PM »
I dont think there has been a perfect vehicle built buy any maker. If there was it would out sell everything. If the late model broncos had the dana 50 ifs with the 351w and was a hair longer and lots lighter it would be pretty decent for speed and strength. Or if they would have put the 5.0 in a ranger I love the power my truck has. Just sux that everything from mud boggs to rock races to desert races put my truck in a class that it wasnt built for. I think I may have solved that problem all I dont have now is coilovers and to be honest I dont want them. But that may change in 5 yrs.

mdo817

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2011, 10:57:29 PM »
I dont think there has been a perfect vehicle built buy any maker. If there was it would out sell everything. If the late model broncos had the dana 50 ifs with the 351w and was a hair longer and lots lighter it would be pretty decent for speed and strength. Or if they would have put the 5.0 in a ranger I love the power my truck has. Just sux that everything from mud boggs to rock races to desert races put my truck in a class that it wasnt built for. I think I may have solved that problem all I dont have now is coilovers and to be honest I dont want them. But that may change in 5 hours.
Fixed it for you.  {nln}

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM