BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: GATR RIDE 05/21/2011 HELEN MOUNTAIN TOUR & DOGS DISCUSSION  (Read 10159 times)

Offline rabunjeeper

• Visitor
Its dry up here but from what ive heard, there is hundreds of downed trees on the tray mtn leg of the trip. The popcorn and hightower rds are in good shape.

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
Its dry up here but from what ive heard, there is hundreds of downed trees on the tray mtn leg of the trip. The popcorn and hightower rds are in good shape.

Thanks, we will modify the map some. U coming?
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline Lhub36

• Visitor
  • Nope wasn't me
Will there be a place for some of us to take our top & doors off & store them till we get done? Dont wanna take mine off till I get here. Night air is chilly at 6 in the morning!
Lenn

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
I dont know of a safe place. We have the pavilion #3 rented, but whose to stop some one from stealing them.

Also, I am not sure if Unicoi charges to get in to the park, probably safe to keep $5 on you just in case.

I am thinking of Chatahoochee River Rd as an alternative to tray mountain, anyone know its condition?

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline rabunjeeper

• Visitor

Thanks, we will modify the map some. U coming?
I mite be able to get loose for a few hrs. I will prolly just do the hightower portion and then cut the scene. Busy day.

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
Had a great day. Thank you to everyone that showed up. Weather was perfect, I hate it if you missed the opportunity to drop the top, remove the doors, and attend this ride.

{toast} {toast} Here's to some good people, good food and good views.  {toast} {toast}

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline Lhub36

• Visitor
  • Nope wasn't me
Had great time today eating dust & dogs! Met a few members I haven't before  {toast}

A few pics of the ride and Helen

http://s619.photobucket.com/albums/tt274/Lhub36/
Lenn

Si vis pacem, para bellum

BigJerm

Had a great time. It has been too long since I have made a ride.  {toast}

After everyone left Meg and I wanted more so we went back up 17 a short way and turned right onto what I believe was Tray Mountain (well turned into tray). We went all the way up it, stayed right at a split, ended at a big intersection, took a left, came back out on 17 later on higher up and then went south back into Helen. There were tons of trees down, but cleared. I don't think we missed much, didnt even see a need for 4x4 the whole time. I liked that whoever did the tree clearing dragged some of the big trees over the entrance to user created trails.

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
Nice pics, glad we didn't miss anything

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
looks like a good trip. I was putting together a playset (big wooden beast) all day :P
I've grown tired of this.

Offline RedDragonATL

• GATR STAFF
Here are the pics I took...unfortunately I did not get a picture of the faces of the fishermen as we crossed the river upstream from them.  Priceless!

Had a fun time...awesome weather and good people!

(1 of 2)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Jason

I'd like to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

2001 Jeep TJ, Cooper STT Pro 35s, 4.56s, D30 Spartan front, D44 ARB rear,Fender armor, sliders

Offline RedDragonATL

• GATR STAFF
(2 of 2)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Jason

I'd like to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

2001 Jeep TJ, Cooper STT Pro 35s, 4.56s, D30 Spartan front, D44 ARB rear,Fender armor, sliders

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM