BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: 89 YJ at my local JY for sale... has a fiberglass body and hard doors...  (Read 2249 times)

Offline Huntingman2706217

• Visitor
  • Project Frugal II
    • My build
hes asking $2k for it which i think is a little high but thats just a XJ guy talkin... its got a fiberglass body which i dont think they realize at the JY... everything else looks factory... it has a black top but it was sprayed with vinyl paint and was tan... has some holes and things... clear stuff on it seems ok... factory wheels which look in great shape actually... its the 4.0/5 speed model as well... its at johnsons auto salvage in griffin GA... he said it will run but the guy who had it wanted to replace the rear main seal... pulled the driveshaft and crossmember and thats as far as he got... won a $100k settlement and just scrapped everything he had in his yard... and cleaned up... looks like its just hanging there so probly will need motor mounts... and steering wheel was gone... they WONT part it out and are ONLY selling hole... google them if your interested or if you have any small questions maybe i noticed... let me know if one of yall picks it up... just cause ill be wondering lol...

[attachment deleted by admin]
95 2 door I6, 2006 F250 axles... 5.38's and welded F&R... custom Y linked front... leafs (for now) in the rear... H1 double beadlocks and rock rings with 40's

Build Page:
www.cherokeeforum.com/f46/frugal-ii-poor-mans-story-73061/

mdo817

Are you sure on the '89 model, they didn't put a 4.0 in until 1991. Did you look at the frame, mainly around the rear spring hangers for rust?

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
should still be able to fire it up even if the rear shaft and crossmember are out.  {toast} Take a battery or jumper cables  ;D

Good buy maybe.
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline Do Work 93 YJ

• Visitor
  • Ready To Ride
Mark thats not to far from you. Offer him $1200 and go pick it up for me and I'll pay ya when I get back in town. LOL
Do Work Aka Moon Man. What you lack in technique make up in throttle! Or a set of cheater tires.

My Build Threads
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=3683.msg62464#msg62464

http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=6862.0

mdo817

Just put my check in the mail LOL

• Visitor
  • Project Frugal II
    • My build
That's right it would be the 4.2 model right? It was a carbed inline six for sure so ill just say that... Lol... Has leaf fronts so pretty sure its the right year... But I have no interest so its all yalls! Fenders were also fiberglass... Didn't check if doors were or not... Goodluck!
95 2 door I6, 2006 F250 axles... 5.38's and welded F&R... custom Y linked front... leafs (for now) in the rear... H1 double beadlocks and rock rings with 40's

Build Page:

mdo817

I'm just figuring it was a rust bucket so that's why the fiberglass tub. If so the first place a YJ frame will rust out is around the rear leaf spring @ shackle filtting

Offline Do Work 93 YJ

• Visitor
  • Ready To Ride
That just means a great candidate for a juggy build. ;D
Do Work Aka Moon Man. What you lack in technique make up in throttle! Or a set of cheater tires.

My Build Threads
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=3683.msg62464#msg62464

http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=6862.0

mdo817

That just means a great candidate for a juggy build. ;D
I aint got your check, so I haven't went to pick it up for you.  {nln}

• Visitor
  • Project Frugal II
    • My build
ill try and swing by there this week and look under it... make sure its strong... but i saw no signs of rust... if it was from the Zebulon area there is a jeep junkyard there... his prices are stupid... like there made of gold... but he has like 40 fiberglass bodies... could have been a buddy of his or something... this guy once tried to sell me a AX15 for $450 with the 231 gone and the tail left open... and he didnt know if it worked or not... wanted $200 for a XJ door... lol...

Build Page:

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM